ABC reporter GRILLS Putin

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
China is a much bigger threat than Russia but you wouldn't know it listening to politicians and the media. That's because the corporations that control the politicians and the media see potential dollar signs there.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
My 80s line was a direct quote from Obama in a 2012 presidential debate after Romney suggested Russia was a threat....most of the DNC and media thought it was great at the time. My apologies, I thought you would get the reference.

My point was, that regardless of whether I think Russia is a threat (I do), both political parties seem to swing back and forth on the issue when it's politically beneficial for them...meaning not just the GOP, but both of them.
Ahh, sorry, I missed that. So, it was a whatsboutism (which is appropriate since Russia has been mastering that tactic for at least 60 years) and not gaslighting. My apologies.

I voted for Romney, so my argument isn’t Republican vs. Democrat. It’s Trumpism vs. conservative principles. This is really about an American reporter standing up to Putin and then being attacked by Republicans. As a registered Republican, I just don’t get that.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
China is a much bigger threat than Russia but you wouldn't know it listening to politicians and the media. That's because the corporations that control the politicians and the media see potential dollar signs there.
I don’t strongly disagree, but think that’s an oversimplification.

I agree with this paper’s summary that Russia is the bigger immediate threat while China is the bigger long-term threat.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/perspectives/PE310.html

Russia and China represent distinct challenges to U.S. national security. Russia is not a peer or near-peer competitor but rather a well-armed rogue state that seeks to subvert an international order it can never hope to dominate. In contrast, China is a peer competitor that wants to shape an international order that it can aspire to dominate. Both countries seek to alter the status quo, but only Russia has attacked neighboring states, annexed conquered territory, and supported insurgent forces seeking to detach yet more territory. Russia assassinates its opponents at home and abroad, interferes in foreign elections, subverts foreign democracies, and works to undermine European and Atlantic institutions. In contrast, China's growing influence is based largely on more-positive measures: trade, investment, and development assistance. These attributes make China a less immediate threat but a much greater long-term challenge.

In the military realm, Russia can be contained, but China cannot. Its military predominance in east Asia will grow over time, compelling the United States to accept greater costs and risks just to secure existing commitments. But it is geoeconomics, rather than geopolitics, in which the contest for world leadership will play out. It is in the domain of geoeconomics that the balance of global influence between the United States and China has begun shifting in China's favor.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Why hasn't anyone had the balls to ask and if we are now gauging our liberties against the standard of you would die in Russia then that is just sad.
Your response might have some merit IF reporters such as that had the balls to routinely ask Biden tough questions besides what his favorite ice cream is, or maybe criticizing him for enticing a reporter to step out in front of the truck he was driving, as if that’s a joking matter.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Your response might have some merit IF reporters such as that had the balls to routinely ask Biden tough questions besides what his favorite ice cream is, or maybe criticizing him for enticing a reporter to step out in front of the truck he was driving, as if that’s a joking matter.
Didnt watch today’s press conference did y’all?

Anyway those two things don’t have to be connected either. You don’t know what other questions she has asked at times I bet. I don’t like Biden it’s clear you don’t like Biden but pray tell what similar question could she ask? Like I get it you want him grilled daily on things you suspect or disagree with….go after the laptop harder or Ukraine harder but that ain’t in the realm of what she did. Biden is a weak old politician who stumbled backwards into his dream job. Putin is an assassin with a body count….he also is a bully. And she just said care to explain the missing bodies and why you are such a little b$&?h. I bet you may not have even known who she is….. but you know what whether or not she has a MAGA tattoo or gave Ol Joe and handy before the presser I’ve never heard an American journalist ask that succinct of a question and certainly not in that setting….. this is the welcome to the talks press conference where you are supposed to ask how the flight was and if he likes American food ha ha cute cute. Every right leaning person you love had a chance she was the first one to lay them out there like that at least in American media. Credit where it is due.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Didnt watch today’s press conference did y’all?

Anyway those two things don’t have to be connected either. You don’t know what other questions she has asked at times I bet. I don’t like Biden it’s clear you don’t like Biden but pray tell what similar question could she ask? Like I get it you want him grilled daily on things you suspect or disagree with….go after the laptop harder or Ukraine harder but that ain’t in the realm of what she did. Biden is a weak old politician who stumbled backwards into his dream job. Putin is an assassin with a body count….he also is a bully. And she just said care to explain the missing bodies and why you are such a little b$&?h. I bet you may not have even known who she is….. but you know what whether or not she has a MAGA tattoo or gave Ol Joe and handy before the presser I’ve never heard an American journalist ask that succinct of a question and certainly not in that setting….. this is the welcome to the talks press conference where you are supposed to ask how the flight was and if he likes American food ha ha cute cute. Every right leaning person you love had a chance she was the first one to lay them out there like that at least in American media. Credit where it is due.
The point is, our President has plenty for which to be scrutinized within our own border and he’s not. Before she tries to dish out the tough talk to the Russian leader and former KGB op, try it consistently on your own first.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
The point is, our President has plenty for which to be scrutinized within our own border and he’s not. Before she tries to dish out the tough talk to the Russian leader and former KGB op, try it consistently on your own first.
Let me approach this another way. You probably love OSU and thus I’ll venture you dislike the Sooners. And you wish the Oklahoman would rip Riley for every time he messes up as a coach. Ok I get that. But let’s say a reporter from The Oklahoman gets ol Sarkisian at a presser and asks if he was drunk when the Falcons couldn’t score and if he felt like a child when Saban ripped him on the sidelines…..we’re gonna cheer.

Go ahead and be happy. It’s ok and you don’t have to be any less partisan

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Let me approach this another way. You probably love OSU and thus I’ll venture you dislike the Sooners. And you wish the Oklahoman would rip Riley for every time he messes up as a coach’s. Ok I get that. But let’s say a reporter from The Oklahoman gets ol Sarkisian at a presser and asks if he was drunk when the Falcons couldn’t score and if he felt like a child when Saban ripped him on the sidelines…..we’re gonna cheer.

Go ahead and be happy. It’s ok and you don’t have to be any less partisans
Not sure a comparison b/w a political reporter trying to talk tough with the leader of a different country and that of a sports reporter covering a college football coach within the same conference is a valid one.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Not sure a comparison b/w a political reporter trying to talk tough with the leader of a different country and that of a sports reporter covering a college football coach within the same conference is a valid one.
It totally is. It's a near perfect analogy.

You're basically bitching about a political reporter going after a political leader of a country that definitely deserves such a grilling because you would have preferred the reporter go after Biden instead.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It totally is. It's a near perfect analogy.

You're basically bitching about a political reporter going after a political leader of a country that definitely deserves such a grilling because you would have preferred the reporter go after Biden instead.
No I think they would prefer that they go after Biden as well. Not instead.
I mean that's what I would want at least. I would want them to be fair and balanced no matter who is president and no matter who is the international leader they're talking to. They should press them on issues evenly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
No I think they would prefer that they go after Biden as well. Not instead.
I mean that's what I would want at least. I would want them to be fair and balanced no matter who is president and no matter who is the international leader they're talking to. They should press them on issues evenly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yeah, ok.

I believe you. :rolleyes: