71 yr old man shoots up Alabama church. Killed 2 and injured 1

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Churches are going to have to be like courthouses and the Oklahoma State Capitol. You can't enter them without going through a metal detector with at least two-armed officers monitoring. The same with schools, malls and other places where people gather. But that takes money, so I doubt doing that is going to be more common than it is now, unless Republicans want to legislative billions to provide funding. However, if mentally ill and evil people resort to using plastic guns, it would end up a waste.

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
Churches are going to have to be like courthouses and the Oklahoma State Capitol. You can't enter them without going through a metal detector with at least two-armed officers monitoring. The same with schools, malls and other places where people gather. But that takes money, so I doubt doing that is going to be more common than it is now, unless Republicans want to legislative billions to provide funding. However, if mentally ill and evil people resort to using plastic guns, it would end up a waste.
Is that where we're at in this country? Churches have to install metal detectors? Is the need to a firearm so great in this country that this comment is reality?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Is that where we're at in this country? Churches have to install metal detectors? Is the need to a firearm so great in this country that this comment is reality?
The other option is to do nothing. In an interview with channel 9, governor Stitt offered no suggestions about what to do about mass shootings, other than not to have red flag laws. I see nothing wrong with red flag laws as long as it's clear in what the person is saying or writing that he wants to use his guns against people for no justified reason.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
We go to a large church in Tulsa area. Doors to auditorium are locked after service starts. Off duty policemen in the lobby. I think most most churches have some sort of security if nothing more than church members carrying.

Hopefully they would confront some one carrying major weaponry before they made it in the congregation. However you probably can’t stop everything short of a prison with a airport type screening before you enter

Most Christians are not going to let this threat stop their worship. They will accept the risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro