2nd half scoring woes.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
I don’t like the spot. Our QB is sketchy at best, Texas loading the box against the run is going to be way more difficult than any other team we’ve played so far. Our defense hasn’t faced a RB or offensive line of this caliber, Texas wasn’t prepared for a Caleb Williams to come in the game and stay in the game. This is a must win for Texas to have any chance of playing in the conference championship game. I think our defense will play well enough for us to win but the offense will let us down.
Agreed, I'd feel much better about our chances if they had won last weekend. I do love us coming off the bye week and getting a bunch of our receivers back. I think the offense they're preparing for will not be the one that we bring, at least not in the first half, and I'm not impressed with their defense. I just wish they had won last weekend, because those 5* players love reading good press, and I have no doubt they'd have less intensity than they will have Saturday.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I bet Texas got an ear-full of "you should have just run Robinson down their throats" and wouldn't doubt that they listen and will be their game plan.
Probably good for us.
We don't want to get into a shoot-out. We want Defense and Special Teams to count as much as Offense in this game.
Hate to use the old cliché, but will probably come down to turnovers.

Dec 21, 2008
Story line for both teams will be tackling in space. Will Bijan turn a 3yd run into a 25 us run? Can we hit some screens and quick game stuff and get past the first level? I think we do a bunch of misdirection and motion stuff with Presley and John Paul to get Overshown and them out of their blitzes. TX is similar to ou they play to momentum and are hard to stop when they get going. Ou has just been more talented than TX the past decade plus they have the LR factor. I feel we have some tricks up our sleeves.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
Agreed, I'd feel much better about our chances if they had won last weekend. I do love us coming off the bye week and getting a bunch of our receivers back. I think the offense they're preparing for will not be the one that we bring, at least not in the first half, and I'm not impressed with their defense. I just wish they had won last weekend, because those 5* players love reading good press, and I have no doubt they'd have less intensity than they will have Saturday.
I don't really know about the players, hard to predict..But the fans...

Had they won, it probably would have been the 6:30pm game with jacked up fans. After that type of loss and an 11am kickoff, I can't imagine a better recipe for a dead crowd.

Nov 6, 2010
I don't really know about the players, hard to predict..But the fans...

Had they won, it probably would have been the 6:30pm game with jacked up fans. After that type of loss and an 11am kickoff, I can't imagine a better recipe for a dead crowd.
Good point.

Dec 21, 2008
I didn't think it was that loud of a stadium when I went 10 yrs ago when both teams were ranked. Stands are far and it's very open. I thought Tech and Kstate and our place are 3 of the loudest plus the cesspool in abnorman

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Fun fact:

OSU has won 35 of its last 40 games when leading at halftime.

Say what you want about our 2nd half woes, but Gundy turns half time leads into wins.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Fun fact:

Say what you want about our 2nd half woes, but Gundy turns half time leads into wins.
Who were the 5 losses to? Looks like Texas, Baylor, TCU, A&M, and K-State. Those aren’t lightweights, and we still have similarly good teams ahead of us so I’m still not comfortable with the record you posted

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
US
Fun fact:

Yeah, but this is a different season than those games. Frankly, that's not even a logical comparison. That's literally looking at the past, then trying to convince yourself that that statistic will make up for woes of OSU's current offense.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Yeah, but this is a different season than those games. Frankly, that's not even a logical comparison. That's literally looking at the past, then trying to convince yourself that that statistic will make up for woes of OSU's current offense.
I’m not sure you understand how predictions work.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Okay this season we've won 100% of the games when leading at halftime.