#24 Cowboy Basketball gets Swept by TCU. #4 Texas Longhorns on SATURDAY in GIA.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Welcome to halfway point of the Cowboys Big 12 regular season. This week we play TCU on Wednesday and #4 Texas on Saturday. As for today's topic, the Pokes will be traveling to DFW to face the Horned Frogs.

TCU has handed the Pokes their first loss of the season. This lost still haunts even today. What’s changed since then?

Honestly, not much. Pokes are constantly turning over the ball, with a National average of 14 per game. Pokes still let big leads in the second half diminish in the last half minutes. Those problem that let TCU win in GIA last December still remain.

BUT. We still have improved greatly as a team. First thing...3 point defense have been much improved since the early conference days. Our own 3 point shooting has improved slightly (due Ice of all people) and we’re starting to hit our free -throws to ice the games. Lastly, KA Boone and Bryce Williams have emerged as great players for this team. Leaving our rotation to Ice, Cade, Walker, MAM, AA, KA Boone, and Williams. Those are our 7 best players by far.

What’s changed for TCU? Their win against the Cowboys was a grade A example of a fluke. It’s been downhill for the Horned Frogs since then. TCU is coming in with a 5 Loss streak. Tomorrow night on Wednesday, we will not repeat the same mistake.

Oklahoma State Cowboys vs Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Conference Record:
OSU(4-4) TCU(2-5)

All Time Record:
OSU(11-4) TCH(9-7)

Series History:
16-9 OSU

Game Notes

Listen Live

TuneIn

Go POKES beat the HORNED FROGS.

Coverage is on ESPN2 @ 8PM.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Oh. For what it’s worth. OSU is not in the AP Poll, but we are in the Coaches Poll sitting at #24.

https://twitter.com/osumbb/status/1356410757961768960?s=21

Oct 30, 2007
in the first game, we executed a defense that was designed to specifically let the other team shoot wide open threes. This is still one of the greatest head scratchers for me. Opponent wants to shoot the three, so we design our D specifically to allow open threes? Very very weird.

The zone defense we are running now is a match up perimeter zone that defends the three much better. So, we get to see how our staff has developed.

I am excited to see this as I think they have grown quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
And another foul just guarding the ball one on one. They're not bad calls, we're just ay too close on the ball. They're going to be in the bonus quickly.

And now the second foul on Cade Cunningham.

Great start to this one. 11-5 TCU

Oct 30, 2007
Very horrible play on both ends. Just unintelligent bball.

Chance to win this one is very low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk