#23 Cowboys Sweep the Wildcats. Pokes are 6-6 in Big 12. 6 Games Left. ISU on TUESDAY GIA.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 9, 2013
This is a poor screen shot, but here's a look at a typical defensive breakdown.

The ball is on the O. AA is already trailing the play because he was playing way too soft when just one pass away.

Kalib's man is about to set a screen--Kalib does nothing but stand there. He has no idea Avery's man (Pack)is cutting behind him, so he doesn't get a body on him, but allows him to flash all the way across the court without having to adjust his path.

Avery goes over the screen, is way late, doesn't close out, and then just flies at the shooter. No, he didn't touch him, but still that was a four point play that didn't have to be that easy.

I don't see evidence that these kinds of plays are getting corrected by the coaching staff. I'm not in the film sessions, maybe I'm wrong.

If this happened at Texas Tech, a sub would already be on his way to the scorers table for either or both of them.

View attachment 88876
It’s not getting corrected because we continue to run and jump at jump shooters. I think we fouled 4 jump shooters today. That has the potential for a 2 to 3 possession swing depending on shooting %s. Given we turn the ball over from the point early in the shot clock 4-8 times a game and give up cheap 2nd chances we are lucky to be 6-6. Analytics alone says we are giving away 10 to 20 points a game from sheer lack of basketball IQ.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Don’t hate me for this, but I want UO to win out until they play us. I’d imagine it’ll be ranked matchups for the last week of the regular season.

Just imagine sweeping UO in the same week
Sorry, but if this happens, I'm going to have to hate you for this.

Dec 9, 2013
In a normal year you are right but in the year of the COVID I don’t think it really matters. As long as we beat ISU I think we are solidly in no matter what happens the last 4 games. All are against top 20 teams so it won’t hurt our chances.
Slim chance we get in losing our last 4 and losing 1st game of Big12. Probably only thing that helps is eyeballs on the potential #1 pick.

Aug 28, 2009
Don’t hate me for this, but I want UO to win out until they play us. I’d imagine it’ll be ranked matchups for the last week of the regular season.

Just imagine sweeping UO in the same week
I want ou to lose every game for the rest of time. If you feel otherwise you’re insane.

Dec 7, 2006
Slim chance we get in losing our last 4 and losing 1st game of Big12. Probably only thing that helps is eyeballs on the potential #1 pick.
They're a lock with a win on Tuesday. Losing the last five might make me sweat because of our propensity to get screwed, but most bracketologists have OSU firmly in the field right now based on resumes. It's the win-loss record that needs work now.

Sep 30, 2013
plus.google.com
Big 12 is a murders row. Outside of KSU and ISU anyone can beat anyone on any given night.
ISU is far from an "automatic win."

2/2 ISU vs WVU - Loss 76-72
2/6 ISU @ OU - Loss 79-72
2/9 ISU @ TCU - Loss 79-76

Regularly laying eggs like oSu does means anyone can beat them. I'd be disappointed but not at all surprised to witness a catastrophic loss to the Cyclones then going on to lose out.

Of course, being oSu under HCMB, they're equally capable of winning out, so whatever. :derp:

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
ISU is far from an "automatic win."

2/2 ISU vs WVU - Loss 76-72
2/6 ISU @ OU - Loss 79-72
2/9 ISU @ TCU - Loss 79-76

Regularly laying eggs like oSu does means anyone can beat them. I'd be disappointed but not at all surprised to witness a catastrophic loss to the Cyclones then going on to lose out.

Of course, being oSu under HCMB, they're equally capable of winning out, so whatever. :derp:
I think since it’s a home game we will win. Be more worried if we were at Ames. Getting Baylor as they come off a Covid break will help too.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
ISU is shooting 53% from the field and KU is shooting 23%. It’s a game because ISU has 12 turnovers. They are not a good basketball team

Sep 30, 2013
plus.google.com
I think since it’s a home game we will win. Be more worried if we were at Ames. Getting Baylor as they come off a Covid break will help too.
This year, "home" vs "away" means a lot less than it usually does. Just look at ISU's "away" losses to OU and TCU. It isn't as though they were blown out in either game.

PS: Right now, ISU is tied up with KU at halftime. Yeah, oSu better show up for their upcoming game against the Cyclones.

Sep 23, 2010
Feels like we beat Iowa state, Split with OU. I don't know if we can get Baylor at all or Tech for a second time. Getting to 9 wins would feel better than below .500 league play. Worst part is it is the TCU stuff. Should be 8-4 right now. I know we gave up huge lead to WVU but you could say we stole Texas or Tech game.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Feels like we beat Iowa state, Split with OU. I don't know if we can get Baylor at all or Tech for a second time. Getting to 9 wins would feel better than below .500 league play. Worst part is it is the TCU stuff. Should be 8-4 right now. I know we gave up huge lead to WVU but you could say we stole Texas or Tech game.
This will be Baylor’s first game after a Covid break so we may catch them rusty. We played them tough last time just ran out of gas due to our own Covid break.

Sep 23, 2010
This will be Baylor’s first game after a Covid break so we may catch them rusty. We played them tough last time just ran out of gas due to our own Covid break.
I hope we can get them and don't put us at zero chance. But Michigan just came back and beat a pretty good Wisconsin team after like 23 days off. Baylor's guards are just really good. And we just have that 5min or 10min of lack of energy on offense or defense every game. That doesn't work with teams like Baylor.