#23 Cowboys Sweep the Wildcats. Pokes are 6-6 in Big 12. 6 Games Left. ISU on TUESDAY GIA.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Solid win. Should have been by more but it’s definitely an improvement over the last several games. Need to shoot better to get ISU on Tuesday. Back to 500 in conference with a chance to go over 500 in conference

Dec 17, 2011
Got the win, never really was in trouble until that run kstate had but got what we wanted, a win, and keep ice on the bench to heal

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
This is a poor screen shot, but here's a look at a typical defensive breakdown.

The ball is on the O. AA is already trailing the play because he was playing way too soft when just one pass away.

Kalib's man is about to set a screen--Kalib does nothing but stand there. He has no idea Avery's man (Pack)is cutting behind him, so he doesn't get a body on him, but allows him to flash all the way across the court without having to adjust his path.

Avery goes over the screen, is way late, doesn't close out, and then just flies at the shooter. No, he didn't touch him, but still that was a four point play that didn't have to be that easy.

I don't see evidence that these kinds of plays are getting corrected by the coaching staff. I'm not in the film sessions, maybe I'm wrong.

If this happened at Texas Tech, a sub would already be on his way to the scorers table for either or both of them.

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 12.58.51 PM.png

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
HCMB:

"We lost our focus after hitting those two threes (and went up 20). We kind of thought they would be dejected after that."

"I thought Avery and Rondel competed really really hard."

"We didn't put them away the way we're capable of, we haven't matured in that area."

Dec 9, 2013
Needed that one. Walker is really good. Once they work on his footwork in the offseason his shot will be even better. ISU is a must win and then we have to get at least one from Baylor, Tech or uo (2 chances) I don’t know if 7-10 gets you in. 8-9 means you have to win 1 in Big12 tourney bc a loss to either KSU or ISU would be devastating.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Don’t hate me for this, but I want UO to win out until they play us. I’d imagine it’ll be ranked matchups for the last week of the regular season.

Just imagine sweeping UO in the same week
They're up 9 now. They are tough and shoot 3 three really well. Beating them twice will require some much improved play on our part.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Needed that one. Walker is really good. Once they work on his footwork in the offseason his shot will be even better. ISU is a must win and then we have to get at least one from Baylor, Tech or uo (2 chances) I don’t know if 7-10 gets you in. 8-9 means you have to win 1 in Big12 tourney bc a loss to either KSU or ISU would be devastating.
In a normal year you are right but in the year of the COVID I don’t think it really matters. As long as we beat ISU I think we are solidly in no matter what happens the last 4 games. All are against top 20 teams so it won’t hurt our chances.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
This may have been pointed out already, but the Big12 has 6 ranked teams in the top 25, and Kansas isn't one of them.

Last edited: