Other 2027 3B-1B, Londyn Bond

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
So….I might be a little biased since she’s mine, but Extra Innings released their 2027 Extra Elite Top 100 and Londyn came in at 50!

Keep an eye on this kid…I’m hoping she ends up in orange.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
So….I might be a little biased since she’s mine, but Extra Innings released their 2027 Extra Elite Top 100 and Londyn came in at 50!

Keep an eye on this kid…I’m hoping she ends up in orange.
Congrats and enjoy the ride! I love seeing legacies end up in Stillwater, but I’m sure she will make a great choice wherever she decides to go.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
A future Cowgirl commit?

Congrats and wish her the best in her future
Man I am hoping so! 7th grade is when the recruiting process starts, so we are still new to this. But we've gone to a couple of prospect camps, the first of which was at OSU. Hands down, the best camp we've been to. Coach G and staff are top notch.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Oklahoma middle school softball: Dewey student in national spotlight (examiner-enterprise.com)

NATIONAL SPOTLIGHT: Dewey middle schooler named to softball top 100 list
Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise

Dewey High School’s varsity softball program is hoping its middle school pipeline continues to produce quality diamond warriors to keep the string of excellence going.
One of those players that could be a pillar of the future is Londyn Bond, a Dewey schools’ seventh-grader.
Bond’s accomplishments have been illuminated by an impressive spotlight — she has been ranked in the Extra Inning Softball 2027 Extra Elite 100 national rankings. This rating is like Rivals for basketball.
During the 2021 fall softball season, Bond ripped the ball for .457 batting average and recorded a .525 on-base percentage. Her power numbers included six doubles, 2 triples and three homers; she also drew four walks.

Bond has honed her talents with multiple competitive teams, starting in 2017 with the Oklahoma Edge of Bartlesville.

After three seasons, she earned a spot on the Oklahoma Intimidators and found a home at third base.
She also tested her skills on a national stage in tournaments such as Top Gun Fall Invitational, Perfect Game Fall Showcase and Top Gun Prodigy.
Bond has developed a passion to play Division 1 softball according to her step-father Jeff Chapman.
To that end, Bond tried out for the Vision Gold 2026 out of Joplin, Mo., and has earned a spot.

Bond’s primary defensive spot remains third base, but she also has experience at first and is working hard to widen her defensive skill set, Chapman said.
Bond lives with Chapman and her mother Ashlee Chapman.
Her father, Doug Bond, played football at Oklahoma State and Northeastern State.
She also plays for the Texas Blaze while visiting her dad in the summer.
Her coaches at Dewey at Paul McCann and Niki Keck.
Keck is the varsity softball head coach and has led Dewey to the state tourney the past three seasons —
Dewey’s longest streak in the Big Dance since the 1990’s.
Bond isn’t set to start her freshman year at Dewey until the fall of 2023.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Londyn suited up with her new team Vision Gold 2026 for the first time this past weekend at the Top Gun Spring Invitational. They fought through multiple rain delays and a change in venue and walked away tournament champs.

For those of you who don't know, this wasn't just your standard softball tournament. Top Gun is an elite softball program that hosts tournaments that are known to draw some of the strongest competition in the country.

While there was some offensive rust that she has to shake off, keep an eye on her as she adjusts to the higher level of play (every pitcher she faced this weekend threw 60+ MPH).

And definitely follow this team, they are going to make some noise this year. Vision Gold 2026, coached by Cody Barham - Former OSU, Tulsa, OKWU assistant and current MSSU assistant. National 14U team rankings come out Monday May 23rd, we are hoping the girls get recognized.

Go out and follow her and her team for updates!
Londyn Bond - '27 IF (@LondynBond) / Twitter
Vision Gold - 2026 - Barham (@VisionGold2026) / Twitter
Vision Gold 2026 Barham | Facebook

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville

Londyn and her team will be local this weekend. If you’re in the Tulsa area and not going to the PGA, you should swing by and catch an incredibly talented team.

14U national rankings come out next week, and I expect them to be on the list.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Man I am hoping so! 7th grade is when the recruiting process starts, so we are still new to this. But we've gone to a couple of prospect camps, the first of which was at OSU. Hands down, the best camp we've been to. Coach G and staff are top notch.
Catching up on this. The recruiting process starts in 7th grade? Wow, that’s nuts! Looks like she has progressed nicely though. Good luck!

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Some advice from a guy that went through this with his daughter. Enjoy the ride, all of you need to enjoy the ride because there isn't another one like this coming. Let her be a kid, but support and encourage her. I miss those days sometimes, but we had a heck of a goodtime going to games

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Some advice from a guy that went through this with his daughter. Enjoy the ride, all of you need to enjoy the ride because there isn't another one like this coming. Let her be a kid, but support and encourage her. I miss those days sometimes, but we had a heck of a goodtime going to games
Yeah, that’s the best advice we’ve received so far and exactly what we are trying to do. We have had lots of long talks about things, but have given her the power to make these choices (softball) herself. Which, we think, helps keep feelings of resentment and burnout from popping up. I think she knows that we would be at the fence cheering for her with our cricut made shirts no matter what team or level of competition she is playing. That’s my kid and I just love watching her work her butt off doing something that she loves.

She passed my knowledge of softball a year ago, so there’s not a whole lot of “post game drive home” coaching going on here…which is good. I can help identify things with her swing, but that’s about it! We’ve been on teams that had toxic parents and it is kind of eye opening, I know exactly who I don’t want to be.