Football 2023 General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
Why are we taking such a small class? I know Gundy has said we don't expect to have space for a normal size due to various reasons but almost every other school in the B12 has a normal size. Why are we (and Kansas) the only school that is short on space this year? I'd think it would be more common if it was due to the Covid year and transfers.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Why are we taking such a small class? I know Gundy has said we don't expect to have space for a normal size due to various reasons but almost every other school in the B12 has a normal size. Why are we (and Kansas) the only school that is short on space this year? I'd think it would be more common if it was due to the Covid year and transfers.
Because we have so many super seniors expected back.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
May be expecting to hit the transfer portal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes they are expecting some from the portal. Plus some of the possible super seniors to be might not come back like Sanders. So they can just grab a portal guy then once they know that. That or grab a late developing high schooler.

Oct 30, 2012
Yes they are expecting some from the portal. Plus some of the possible super seniors to be might not come back like Sanders. So they can just grab a portal guy then once they know that. That or grab a late developing high schooler.
If this is all correct, it tells me that they expect to be pretty good for a long stretch here. I could be misunderstanding but that’s what it seems.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
If this is all correct, it tells me that they expect to be pretty good for a long stretch here. I could be misunderstanding but that’s what it seems.
There should be several super seniors each year for like the next 3 years or so - until every player from the 2020 roster has used up 6 years (5 played) of eligibility.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2012
How do you guys feel about Warren Roberson? He's been one of the guys I've been hoping they can land for awhile. His athleticism is off the charts. Would be a huge get! Safety position would be loaded for the future.

Jul 31, 2008
Might take a look at SMU's Sophomore safety Isaiah Nwokobia; pretty highly ranked 3 star 0.8776 out of Dallas. Had 46 offers including Pokes.

He's sitting the rest of the year to preserve a year then will be in the Portal.

We'll lose Taylor, Harper and Flannigan at Safety this year.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Might take a look at SMU's Sophomore safety Isaiah Nwokobia; pretty highly ranked 3 star 0.8776 out of Dallas. Had 46 offers including Pokes.

He's sitting the rest of the year to preserve a year then will be in the Portal.

We'll lose Taylor, Harper and Flannigan at Safety this year.
Doubt we look at a kid that does something like that. Doesn’t really go hand in hand with Gundys Cowboy culture.

Jul 31, 2008
Gundy let players play in the Bowl game even though he knew that they had already declared for the Portal.

I think it may not be black/white.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Gundy let players play in the Bowl game even though he knew that they had already declared for the Portal.

I think it may not be black/white.
A lot of the guys that left us were somewhat pushed out the door so its totally different. These SMU players are giving up on their team and their teammates barely into the season. That is not something that has ever sat well with Gundy.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
SMU did go through a coaching change last year. I’m sure that’s a major factor in kids wanting to leave the SMU program. No excuse to bail on your team, but maybe the kid was no longer in the game plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 28, 2009
Can’t imagine why anybody in their right mind would commit to that sideshow dumpster fire but anybody who does deserves what’s waiting for them