Football 2023 General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
I just saw that Kaleb James, 3* DE from Forth Worth, has OSU in his top 6.

I wonder if we really have any chance.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaleb-James-46082826/

https://twitter.com/kalebeazyflex1/status/1463221603618152449?t=oD2qyOSs4clq3tfDeKPN6w&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Gooners, Razorbacks and Taco Tech look to be the leaders. I could see the other two, but I mean who really wants to play in Lubbock....

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
As much as I would love the TE commits from OU especially the bixby kid....however until we actually incorporate them in the offensive game plan from a passing game standpoint, I don't see either of them coming here. Maybe Mcendoo can sell them on this years success

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
As much as I would love the TE commits from OU especially the bixby kid....however until we actually incorporate them in the offensive game plan from a passing game standpoint, I don't see either of them coming here. Maybe Mcendoo can sell them on this years success
Maybe it's because we just haven't had the guys to do it. I'm liking the move of Green to CB, and we're certainly throwing him the ball. And we have enough Bixby kids on the team already if familiarity is of any value.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Maybe it's because we just haven't had the guys to do it. I'm liking the move of Green to CB, and we're certainly throwing him the ball. And we have enough Bixby kids on the team already if familiarity is of any value.
I don't know if Green moves to the CB is permanent? Cassity has been dealing with a high ankle sprain, Logan Carter has fought back from a herniated disc, and we've moved a OL to TE. Austin Jarrad wasn't nowhere close to being ready to play. Maybe the real reason why we've struggled is b/c we've whiffed in recruiting. I mean Baron Odom was a bust. We chose Jake Ross NEO JUCO TE over Jace Sternberger, who was a All-american at Texas A&M, and was a in-state kid (Kingfisher) who grew up an OSU fan. Sione Finefeuiaki, another JUCO TE/CB was a bust. Grayson Boomer was a bust as well. I mean we've struck out quite a bit on the recruiting trail getting kids to play the position.

McEndoo has better luck getting kids to walk-on than getting scholarship players. Our scheme isn't attractive for TE's who want to be pass catchers. If you want to be a blocking TE/CB 90% of the time, and catch a pass every few games, we're the place for you! Having enough bixby kids is nice, but doesn't mean much. It's about fit. In the event he does decommit, I'd be aware of Arkansas being a major player. He has family ties to the school and is fond of Pittman.

Nov 6, 2010
I don't know if Green moves to the CB is permanent? Cassity has been dealing with a high ankle sprain, Logan Carter has fought back from a herniated disc, and we've moved a OL to TE. Austin Jarrad wasn't nowhere close to being ready to play. Maybe the real reason why we've struggled is b/c we've whiffed in recruiting. I mean Baron Odom was a bust. We chose Jake Ross NEO JUCO TE over Jace Sternberger, who was a All-american at Texas A&M, and was a in-state kid (Kingfisher) who grew up an OSU fan. Sione Finefeuiaki, another JUCO TE/CB was a bust. Grayson Boomer was a bust as well. I mean we've struck out quite a bit on the recruiting trail getting kids to play the position.

McEndoo has better luck getting kids to walk-on than getting scholarship players. Our scheme isn't attractive for TE's who want to be pass catchers. If you want to be a blocking TE/CB 90% of the time, and catch a pass every few games, we're the place for you! Having enough bixby kids is nice, but doesn't mean much. It's about fit. In the event he does decommit, I'd be aware of Arkansas being a major player. He has family ties to the school and is fond of Pittman.
Yea, I don't think it will be a permanent move, but it does at least point out that we will use the position if we have someone that can get open.

And I just spoke to my Bixby source, and he agrees with your Arky assessment.

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX
The onus is on McEndoo. He recruits and coaches these kids. If there is a talent deficit at the position the buck stops in one place.