Football 2023 General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
Simple answer, we are not willing to do pay for play via NIL. Other schools are and are paying stupid money for 4 and 5 star recruits.
Correct. And by we, you mean us, the fans and boosters. We are not willing to pay what it takes.

Which is why it's confusing to me that people on here complain about recruiting rankings. The dudes who have the juice to make a difference ain't whining about it here, they're calling direct.

I'll be the first to admit, my donor level won't buy us a single 5 star recruit so give me those 3 stars that have something to prove.

Oct 5, 2022
US
Correct. And by we, you mean us, the fans and boosters. We are not willing to pay what it takes.

Which is why it's confusing to me that people on here complain about recruiting rankings. The dudes who have the juice to make a difference ain't whining about it here, they're calling direct.

I'll be the first to admit, my donor level won't buy us a single 5 star recruit so give me those 3 stars that have something to prove.
And I take it your comment is targeted toward my post. I asked a legit question, not one time did I whine, pal. You're the one who's clearly whining about people who don't have time to learn about whatever the heck is going on with the absurdness collegiate football has become by immaturely concluding I was whining, which couldn't possibly be further from the truth. Hence, why I asked a legit question... You know, for information. Information. Not whining. Your comprehension skills are lacking, bro.

Perhaps you should turn off whatever electrical device you're using to access the interwebs, walk outside in the morning and bask in some sunshine of happy rays. Make some new friends and forget about the internet for quite some time.

For those who are mature by answering my legit question with actual information, I sincerely appreciate the time you took to reply to my post.

Jan 14, 2006
And I take it your comment is targeted toward my post. I asked a legit question, not one time did I whine, pal. You're the one who's clearly whining about people who don't have time to learn about whatever the heck is going on with the absurdness collegiate football has become by immaturely concluding I was whining, which couldn't possibly be further from the truth. Hence, why I asked a legit question... You know, for information. Information. Not whining. Your comprehension skills are lacking, bro.

Perhaps you should turn off whatever electrical device you're using to access the interwebs, walk outside in the morning and bask in some sunshine of happy rays. Make some new friends and forget about the internet for quite some time.

For those who are mature by answering my legit question with actual information, I sincerely appreciate the time you took to reply to my post.
What I said wasn't directed at you. I apologize if you thought it was. I didn't look back at what the post I was replying to was replying to. I see nothing wrong with your question.

The point I was trying to make was that I'm not overly concerned with how we stack up in the recruiting rankings. I like the way we get 3 stars who develop and buy into our program.

And even if I was concerned with recruiting rankings, I don't swing a big enough stick donor wise to have a say. It's better than being an aTm donor, buying a bunch of 5 stars and not making a bowl.

I also appreciate your concern for my well-being. I'm actually at deer camp right now so I've been getting plenty of outdoors time. I've already filled a tag so I'm just enjoying the outdoors and I have been scrolling a little orange power in the evenings. Go Pokes!

Dec 21, 2008
Interesting comment considering our best OL this year is a recent pickup from the portal (Brooks), and Sills is playing in the NFL now. Also Godlevske was a stud for us last year. So in other words I don’t think you know what you are talking about.
Congrats you read an Orange Power article. Brooks being our best OL the last 2-3 wks a good thing? Because from an educated viewer’s eye that’s not saying much. Yes I like his attitude and toughness on the surface but our OL doesn’t look like a P5 line. Sills was much better at WV. He enjoyed Stillwater and took a high road but unless you know back stories like I do you are just going off what you read on here and OP. Godlevske didn’t even get drafted and Sills fell pretty far to UDFA status. He was the 75th ranked OL in the draft. That’s far down the list. Godlevske was a 24yo I would assume he would play above average if a P5 took him like us. Being an annual 15-25th ranked team I’d expect to recruit much better on the OL. I’m saying it’s a shame we cannot get more than 2 OL drafted in 10 years

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Congrats you read an Orange Power article. Brooks being our best OL the last 2-3 wks a good thing? Because from an educated viewer’s eye that’s not saying much. Yes I like his attitude and toughness on the surface but our OL doesn’t look like a P5 line. Sills was much better at WV. He enjoyed Stillwater and took a high road but unless you know back stories like I do you are just going off what you read on here and OP. Godlevske didn’t even get drafted and Sills fell pretty far to UDFA status. He was the 75th ranked OL in the draft. That’s far down the list. Godlevske was a 24yo I would assume he would play above average if a P5 took him like us. Being an annual 15-25th ranked team I’d expect to recruit much better on the OL. I’m saying it’s a shame we cannot get more than 2 OL drafted in 10 years
I know a lot more behind the scenes than you might think but that is beside the point. Your comments here are just moving the goal posts from your first comment. You said, and I quote “We can offer all we want but we have not secured a solid big man in years let alone won a portal battle”.

I believe my previous post completely proved that wrong. We have secured many solid big men from the portal lately and they have helped us tremendously.

To your point here though, no we don’t look like a power 5 OL but that is due to other reasons that start at the top.