Football 2023 General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2012
I'm not a glass half-empty type of guy. However, this class is really struggling at this point. We need some big momentum to start swinging our way.

Jan 14, 2006
Bo Edmondson just de-committed from Michigan St. He was one of our top 23 QB targets.

No idea if we'd still offer since we have Zane committed.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Bo Edmondson just de-committed from Michigan St. He was one of our top 23 QB targets.

No idea if we'd still offer since we have Zane committed.
Nah. We have someone better coming in and are keeping the class small for grad transfers. As mentioned a decade or so ago if we could take 2 and had the room great. But in the current situation of college football where you are basically trying to find a starter every other year and hope they can wait their turn, no way you take 2 QB's worth starting multiple years in the same class.

Oct 5, 2022
US
I'm not a glass half-empty type of guy. However, this class is really struggling at this point. We need some big momentum to start swinging our way.
I was looking at the current recruiting rankings for the Big 12. OSU is dead last. Kansas has a far better ranking. This is Gundy's worst (by ranking anyway) class - and that's an understatement. Is there a reason why it's ranked 74th? I can only imagine that Gundy would find better recruiters, right?

Something isn't right here. I also looked at the 2024 prospects and, well, if 247 is accurate, the 2024 class could be worse (in ranking) than the 74th ranked 2023 class.

Anyone have information about what's going on?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
I was looking at the current recruiting rankings for the Big 12. OSU is dead last. Kansas has a far better ranking. This is Gundy's worst (by ranking anyway) class - and that's an understatement. Is there a reason why it's ranked 74th? I can only imagine that Gundy would find better recruiters, right?

Something isn't right here. I also looked at the 2024 prospects and, well, if 247 is accurate, the 2024 class could be worse (in ranking) than the 74th ranked 2023 class.

Small class for 2023. Not sure why we have such a different approach than all the other schools but we are saving room for Super Seniors by taking a small class.

2024 is just early.

Dec 21, 2008
Or he is trying to send a message to Weiberg that we cannot compete with KU because of recruiting budget is too small? Just a thought. I have seen numerous OK PWO offers to OL and they are very underwhelming. Most are just 6'5 260lbs and play in Class A-3A. Seems like what we have had the past decade. I do not know why we cannot get into the DFW/KC/StLouis areas and get some ready to play freshmen OL?

Dec 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/CodyNagel247/status/1594731012961230849?s=20&t=re8HKUKIKG-XH2PCMKJygg
We can offer all we want but we have not secured a solid big man in years let alone won a portal battle. We play clean, we will never win when blue bloods are involved! Only thing we can provide is immediate playing time. Guys in the portal get big time offer$$$ from better football schools.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
We can offer all we want but we have not secured a solid big man in years let alone won a portal battle. We play clean, we will never win when blue bloods are involved! Only thing we can provide is immediate playing time. Guys in the portal get big time offer$$$ from better football schools.
Interesting comment considering our best OL this year is a recent pickup from the portal (Brooks), and Sills is playing in the NFL now. Also Godlevske was a stud for us last year. So in other words I don’t think you know what you are talking about.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

Simple answer, we are not willing to do pay for play via NIL. Other schools are and are paying stupid money for 4 and 5 star recruits.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC

Regardless of Gundy’s ability to transform lower ranked kids into solid players, OSU is digging a hole that they won’t be able to get out of with these laughable recruiting classes. You guys should be Top 25 EVERY YEAR.