Football 2023 General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Looks like David Stone will be in Stillwater next weekend. I know he’s a 24 guy, but being teammates with Foreman can hopefully help us.
https://twitter.com/stonedagr8/status/1461760742663798792?s=21

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Who are some of the key targets to watch for this class?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I’d assume our #1 target is Malik Muhammad. CB, South Oak Cliff in Dallas. Currently a very high 4 star, .9754. This is a family affair though, hence our extra interest, as one cousin is our AJ Green and another is current Jabbar Muhammad. Also at corner and another family thing, we’ll likely land Dylan Smith from Colleyville who’s Cam Smith’s brother in last year’s class, unrated at this point but, will likely be a very solid 3 star.

Another family thing, John Randle jr out of Wichita is Joe Randle’s nephew, but we’re not the only ones with family ties there, his dad played at KU.

In Oklahoma, rumor is Bai Jobe, an Edge out of Norman really enjoyed his visit, he visited during the Baylor game I believe.

In the 22 class, we may flip former Baylor commit Enyce Sledge from Monroe, LA because of how awesome BPS was vs TCU. His HS teammate Zalance Heard I believe was also on that visit. He’s 4 star, 6’5, 300 lbs. It’s poised to be a huge DL class for us as that’s where our first commit is. We’re trending really well with high 3 Star Trey Wilson since he’s already visited twice. AND Union has 325lb NT who we should be checking out.

Those are all pretty practical targets, especially as we’re hitting new heights on the field this year. I’m not sure who the pipe dream that we could speak into reality is, too early at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Who are some of the key targets to watch for this class?

I’d assume our #1 target is Malik Muhammad. CB, South Oak Cliff in Dallas. Currently a very high 4 star, .9754. This is a family affair though, hence our extra interest, as one cousin is our AJ Green and another is current Jabbar Muhammad. Also at corner and another family thing, we’ll likely land Dylan Smith from Colleyville who’s Cam Smith’s brother in last year’s class, unrated at this point but, will likely be a very solid 3 star.

Another family thing, John Randle jr out of Wichita is Joe Randle’s nephew, but we’re not the only ones with family ties there, his dad played at KU.

In Oklahoma, rumor is Bai Jobe, an Edge out of Norman really enjoyed his visit, he visited during the Baylor game I believe.

In the 22 class, we may flip former Baylor commit Enyce Sledge from Monroe, LA because of how awesome BPS was vs TCU. His HS teammate Zalance Heard I believe was also on that visit. He’s 4 star, 6’5, 300 lbs. It’s poised to be a huge DL class for us as that’s where our lone commit is. We’re trending really well with high 3 Star Trey Wilson since he’s already visited twice. AND Union has 325lb NT who we should be checking out.

Those are all pretty practical targets, especially as we’re hitting new heights on the field this year. I’m not sure who the pipe dream that we could speak into reality is, too early at this point.

Everything we’ve heard from the coaches this year has been that we are planning for a rather small class. They know best, but from my limited perspective I do kind of hope we could go more in on this year’s class just because I think there’s unique opportunity with the amount of coaches fired causing decommits (all of SMU’s and TCU’s classes are there to be wooed right now and there are some high star guys there) combined with our on-field success making us extra relevant.

Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
Everything we’ve heard from the coaches this year has been that we are planning for a rather small class. They know best, but from my limited perspective I do kind of hope we could go more in on this year’s class just because I think there’s unique opportunity with the amount of coaches fired causing decommits (all of SMU’s and TCU’s classes are there to be wooed right now and there are some high star guys there) combined with our on-field success making us extra relevant.

I think they want to save room for transfers... also effected by coaches getting fired and us having a really good season. Just hope it works out whichever way they go.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma

In the 22 class, we may flip former Baylor commit Enyce Sledge from Monroe, LA because of how awesome BPS was vs TCU. His HS teammate Zalance Heard I believe was also on that visit. He’s 4 star, 6’5, 300 lbs. It’s poised to be a huge DL class for us as that’s where our first commit is. We’re trending really well with high 3 Star Trey Wilson since he’s already visited twice. AND Union has 325lb NT who we should be checking out.

Malik Muhammad is enrolled at IMG academy and we’re not in the running for his commitment at this time

Bai jobe has visited OSU numerous times this season and will be here for bedlam

demarrion Thomas from union has been OL this season and scouts believe he projects better on the OL.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
I'm wondering if we'll really see a significant recruiting boost from the on field success from this season.

It seems like Gundy and his staff have found a formula for success and I'm not so sure they'll stray from that, for better or worse.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

Malik Muhammad is enrolled at IMG academy and we’re not in the running for his commitment at this time

Bai jobe has visited OSU numerous times this season and will be here for bedlam

demarrion Thomas from union has been OL this season and scouts believe he projects better on the OL.
Here’s a link citing Muhammad playing for South Oak Cliff this past Saturday:
https://247sports.com/LongFormArti...cond-round-of-playoffs-175741820/#175741820_1

And at least from 247’s list he’s taken no official visits yet, so I don’t think there’s any reason to rule us out quite yet. Will definitely be a baggie vs the best recruiters though.

I think that’s a good news about Thomas, we need OL recruits, and we’ve already got a start on DL so that would be great to offer him at OL instead.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Here’s a link citing Muhammad playing for South Oak Cliff this past Saturday:
https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...cond-round-of-playoffs-175741820/#175741820_1

And at least from 247’s list he’s taken no official visits yet, so I don’t think there’s any reason to rule us out quite yet. Will definitely be a baggie vs the best recruiters though.

I think that’s a good news about Thomas, we need OL recruits, and we’ve already got a start on DL so that would be great to offer him at OL instead.

I didn’t know he moved back. He was at IMG his sophomore season. I stand corrected however, it doesn’t seem like he’s interested in us as he release his top 12 and we didn’t make it!! Could things change, sure but he doesn’t interested at this time. Some more realistic targets:

kanijal Thomas- del city
Jaylon Braxton- teammate of QB commit Garrett Rangel
Dylan smith- brother of cam smith
Montrell wade- John tyler
Deldrick Madison- Duncanville
https://twitter.com/Returnof7/status/1459305610680356871?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Last edited:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I'm wondering if we'll really see a significant recruiting boost from the on field success from this season.

It seems like Gundy and his staff have found a formula for success and I'm not so sure they'll stray from that, for better or worse.

Normally teams see a bump in recruiting the year after a good year since most recruits are mostly locked up at this point in the year.