Football 2022 RB Ollie Gordon Committed to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Hahaha why in the world would he wanna go there? Year in and year out they never amount to the hype that is thrown at them.
Helmet sticker? Life long dream growing up? It would be a huge mistake if he went there. They also have another Robinson who transferred in from Bama, so I imagine he's a 5 star. There will be plenty of carries for him at OSU if he handles his business and puts in the work. At UT, he could play less, finish 6th or lower for a year, and then move to SEC, where he will get murdered running behind a crap O-Line. If that's what he wants, we'll find someone else to take all those carries. I'd prefer Ollie though.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
Helmet sticker? Life long dream growing up? It would be a huge mistake if he went there. They also have another Robinson who transferred in from Bama, so I imagine he's a 5 star. There will be plenty of carries for him at OSU if he handles his business and puts in the work. At UT, he could play less, finish 6th or lower for a year, and then move to SEC, where he will get murdered running behind a crap O-Line. If that's what he wants, we'll find someone else to take all those carries. I'd prefer Ollie though.
I can't imagine any of these Texas kids growing up wanting to play for that helmet sticker, haven't been relevant in their lifetime but totally agree with everything else you said.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
I can't imagine any of these Texas kids growing up wanting to play for that helmet sticker, haven't been relevant in their lifetime but totally agree with everything else you said.
I think a team needs to be down for about 20 years before it's officially off the wagon. Plenty of examples of teams sucking for a decade and bounce back. Texas is half way there, but you could argue they had some blips of success which have kept them afloat. Example the Sugar Bowl win against Georgia.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I think a team needs to be down for about 20 years before it's officially off the wagon. Plenty of examples of teams sucking for a decade and bounce back. Texas is half way there, but you could argue they had some blips of success which have kept them afloat. Example the Sugar Bowl win against Georgia.
Bama would be an example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Hard to think of a single blue blood that hasn't gone through at least a 5 year period of unacceptable results. The problem with UT is, they are very likely still in theirs. At best, they can see light at the end of the tunnel. At worst, I hope they can match Vanderbilt's speed and athleticism.

Dec 21, 2008
Coach Woz was one of his first offers after his big 400 yd game. Our offer kinda put him on the map (which is crazy because Trinity is a big time school and he’s a big time looking athlete) He’s been real close with our commits. CJ from Beggs, Braylin from Bixby. Seems to be all in from the outside looking in.
Recruits like TX because of the city, celeb status, facilities, somewhat close to home, a lot of pride in general Texas football, NIL schpeil from the huge city and numerous NFL guys. A lot to like, just not the current status