Football 2022 General Recruiting thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
The problem is that we never know what’s going on behind the scenes. Players dealing with grades, potential hone problems and other things that could suddenly change a roster. Sometimes players are brought in as safety nets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We gave Dee a scholarship around January/February, when we had Wallace, Stoner, and Wolf coming back as Seniors, plus a strong showing by Braydon Johnson in 2019. That is 4 deep.

Then you have Langston Anderson and Shepherd (hurt), plus Freshmen Presley, Owens, and Polk. Plus Woods at TE.

We had several injuries at WR in 2020, but still Dee Anderson never become relevant. His track record at LSU said everything. I would have rather given a scholarship to another walk-on for 2020.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
So TX OL makes more than a starting teacher?

Obviously. with the money they help bring the school it is no wonder they weren't paid 100k a year or more. Without the meats up front it doesn't matter how good your backs are.
Don’t we know it

Aug 16, 2012
So, not only can you sponsor an offensive lineman, it's tax deductible. Look for charities for each position group soon.
If the NCAA had any stones, they would put the kibosh on stunts like this. If a legitimate company wants to throw money at NIL, so be it. But establishing an NIL fund under the false premise of being a charity? That is just ethically wrong on all levels and just illustrates how corrupt and desperate the teasippers are

Aug 2, 2016
Oklahoma City
If the NCAA had any stones, they would put the kibosh on stunts like this. If a legitimate company wants to throw money at NIL, so be it. But establishing an NIL fund under the false premise of being a charity? That is just ethically wrong on all levels and just illustrates how corrupt and desperate the teasippers are
I have a feeling there are going to be some changes in the future due to things like this.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I hope the IRS steps in and denies charity status to these fake organizations. At least make the donors actually pay for their teams, instead of taxpayers covering the donors' tax savings.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/hornswithheart/status/1467931858528841747?t=XTP0wDkK56PL4GuiQZkM3A&s=19

And it's a charitable foundation. Shady stuff but I'm sure it will help recruiting.
uT has plenty a lawyers who I'm sure checked to see that this passed the loop holes . . .
Nah. I'm pretty sure Texas ascribes to the "it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission" philosophy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk