Football 2022 General Recruiting thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 19, 2012
Braylin Presley is getting bumped up to 4*s. That makes this the most 4* recruits we've had in one class under Gundy. https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/Season/2022-Football/Commits/
Whoa, Garret Rangel just got bumped to 4*s too. Just to be clear, Presley is 4* on 247 but not other sites, so his composite is still 3*- I'm guessing it will jump up if he stays healthy, with his huge stats. With Presley, that gives us 6 players rated 4*s on at least one site!

Edit: Rivals also has Cameron Epps as a 4* making 7 players. I'm getting more and more excited about this class. I knew they had talent, but they are really showing out in High School, and we're not done yet.

Aug 19, 2006
Add in a couple of high-level transfers and this could end up being one of the top classes in the Big 12. We're not going to pass up OU but definitely closing the talent gap.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
IDK- Soph season had like 4000 yards and 40 TD and this year as barely broken 1,000 yards.

Maybe his team has a fantastic defense and his coach is relying on them to win games and only asked the offense to do as little as possible to win a game. . . .

Aug 16, 2012
IDK- Soph season had like 4000 yards and 40 TD and this year as barely broken 1,000 yards.

Maybe his team has a fantastic defense and his coach is relying on them to win games and only asked the offense to do as little as possible to win a game. . . .
I see what you did there :whistle:

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

We did recruit him to fit our system.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

Sophomore season he was throwing to Marvin Mims...

Dec 19, 2012

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Most games have been blowouts so, I bet he hasn't had to play many full games.
https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/lone-star-rangers-(frisco,tx)/football/schedule.htm
It also looks like he's only played 6 of 8 games and their backup has big stats from the blowouts, and the two games he didn't play:
https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/lone-star-rangers-(frisco,tx)/football/stats.htm
I did a little bit of compiling. ATTs have been way down the last 2 years, maybe due to less talent at receiver. TD and yards efficiency stats have been down a bit but not drastically. Also impacted by receiver talent. INT efficiency numbers have gotten better, that doesn’t have as much to do with receiver talent, so that is a good sign.

I also threw in what the number would have been assuming his performance was the same as the backups. There were no backup pass attempts in 2019, there were a few last year, and there are a lot this year. The counting stats are down some this year but it might be somewhat due to leaving a game with injury maybe only has a little over 7 games worth of play?

I also extended the stats to equal out the number of games. I’m betting they lost a few games last year due to COVID and haven’t finished the season yet this year. That makes the counting stats look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2008
Been meaning to do this awhile on why we have such a WR gap of talent and #s. We developed Blackmon & Washington into Biletnikoff winners but is Dunn THAT elite of a wide receiver recruiter?

2021:

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
You missed Owens in '19, I think. He's a starter.

Can't blame Dunn for the injures (Anderson, Johnson, Shepard, ect.)

Not sure what your data and question are trying to show ? Stars, starters, injuries ?

If you recruit and coach, then the real measure is W-L and performance of the WRs on the field.

Dec 21, 2008
The point is why is our entire team 22 & 23 yo (strongly shows why our defense is good) and our WRs are 18 & 19. Presley is a sophomore, Tay was a veteran addition, but then Blaine, Jaden, Bryson & JP are all true freshmen playing significant minutes. We have a huge gap of no veterans. Tay was added last year and Breydon hurt that’s about our only veteran WRs

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
The point is why is our entire team 22 & 23 yo (strongly shows why our defense is good) and our WRs are 18 & 19. Presley is a sophomore, Tay was a veteran addition, but then Blaine, Jaden, Bryson & JP are all true freshmen playing significant minutes. We have a huge gap of no veterans. Tay was added last year and Breydon hurt that’s about our only veteran WRs
I was looking at our depth chart yesterday and two things stood out. We have more coming back on D than I thought and out WR room is full of freshman and sophomores.