Football 2022 General Recruiting thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
I’m not sure. Last one his Mom posted was either New Mexico or New Mexico State. They’re starting to roll in weekly. The kid on his right is his best friend and really good as well. Their first week game was against an Out of State HS and they were done by half time up 56-0
Reason I ask is if he really is 6-5 and 320 with any ability right in Tulsa's back yard, surely they would have offered. My guess is his measurements are exaggerated considerably, or he'd already have a TU offer as well as an OSU offer.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Reason I ask is if he really is 6-5 and 320 with any ability right in Tulsa's back yard, surely they would have offered. My guess is his measurements are exaggerated considerably, or he'd already have a TU offer as well as an OSU offer.
Since I have known him since he was a bump in his mama's belly, watched him grow from the time he was born and stood next to him a few weeks ago, I can assure you his size is not exaggerated. He could bench press me multiple times.

Here's a picture of him with one of the coaches at OSU this summer. BTW, he had his unofficial visit to OSU last weekend. Here's a few pictures of his Junior year when he was 16 turning 17 including one playing center against Bixby in the State Finals. With what I saw last Saturday in Stillwater, we're idiots if we miss this kid.
Alton.jpg
Alton2.jpg
Alton3.jpg
Alton4.jpg
Alton5.jpg

Nov 6, 2010
Since I have known him since he was a bump in his mama's belly, watched him grow from the time he was born and stood next to him a few weeks ago, I can assure you his size is not exaggerated. He could bench press me multiple times.

Here's a picture of him with one of the coaches at OSU this summer. BTW, he had his unofficial visit to OSU last weekend. Here's a few pictures of his Junior year when he was 16 turning 17 including one playing center against Bixby in the State Finals. With what I saw last Saturday in Stillwater, we're idiots if we miss this kid. View attachment 91906 View attachment 91907 View attachment 91908 View attachment 91909 View attachment 91910
Beats me then. Hopefully the coaches get it figured out.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
If a local player has potential and he loves OSU, I personally would like to see us give him a shot. When a kid is emotionally invested in a program even before he arrives on campus, I think the odds increase they will contribute someday. Even if it’s just in practice reps, those kids will work. I hope we offer this kid. At least float him a PWO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
If a local player has potential and he loves OSU, I personally would like to see us give him a shot. When a kid is emotionally invested in a program even before he arrives on campus, I think the odds increase they will contribute someday. Even if it’s just in practice reps, those kids will work. I hope we offer this kid. At least float him a PWO.

Alton is going to get too many full ride offers to go PWO. Hopefully OSU had recruiters at last nights big game between undefeated Tulsa Booker T Washington and Choctaw. Alton was an absolute brick wall on passing downs and a snow plow on running plays. Washington had been blowing out everyone they played the first three games. Last night, Choctaw 29, Washington 20

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL

Alton is going to get too many full ride offers to go PWO. Hopefully OSU had recruiters at last nights big game between undefeated Tulsa Booker T Washington and Choctaw. Alton was an absolute brick wall on passing downs and a snow plow on running plays. Washington had been blowing out everyone they played the first three games. Last night, Choctaw 29, Washington 20
I think the coaches probably sandbag on guys like this. They can explore all other options first knowing they can circle back and get him if they strike out on guys they have ranked in front of him.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

I think the coaches probably sandbag on guys like this. They can explore all other options first knowing they can circle back and get him if they strike out on guys they have ranked in front of him.

I think that’s the most accurate assessment I’ve heard. It’s unfortunate but I think it’s spot on. Hopefully he’ll end up a Cowboy but he’s already got other D1 offers and he’s been to A&M meeting with Coach Henson, Baylor and Ol’ Miss and is communicating with those schools.

Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

Here's a picture of him with one of the coaches at OSU this summer. BTW, he had his unofficial visit to OSU last weekend. Here's a few pictures of his Junior year when he was 16 turning 17 including one playing center against Bixby in the State Finals. With what I saw last Saturday in Stillwater, we're idiots if we miss this kid. View attachment 91906 View attachment 91907 View attachment 91908 View attachment 91909 View attachment 91910
Fantastic and exciting pickup getting Tyrone for sure, but why are we waiting on this kid who bleeds Orange. I’ve watched him the past two years in Class 6 including a close 16-13 loss to Bixby in the finals last year and NOBODY gets past him, he pancakes the opponent on half the plays and drives them into the defensive backfield every play. That’s a real whiff if he doesn’t get an OSU offer…
http://www.hudl.com/v/2G9DNv

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2008
There are tons of things coaches look at when recruiting. Size and pancakes on 220 LB DL are not always the only 2. Hip flexibility, footwork, arm length, strength, how they have performed in camps, other offers, kick steps, coordination, vision, physicality, speed etc. You mentioned the close state game vs Bixby, didn't they play them this year? I don't think the OL had much impact on that score, but I could be wrong? He is big. But there are lots of big kids. Missing on Stromberg and Latham hurt but that's recruiting for you. Didn't Alton just visit Ark State or somewhere similar? He may just be the 2nd tier prospect which isn't a bad thing

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
There are tons of things coaches look at when recruiting. Size and pancakes on 220 LB DL are not always the only 2. Hip flexibility, footwork, arm length, strength, how they have performed in camps, other offers, kick steps, coordination, vision, physicality, speed etc. You mentioned the close state game vs Bixby, didn't they play them this year? I don't think the OL had much impact on that score, but I could be wrong? He is big. But there are lots of big kids. Missing on Stromberg and Latham hurt but that's recruiting for you. Didn't Alton just visit Ark State or somewhere similar? He may just be the 2nd tier prospect which isn't a bad thing
Many of the players he's pushing 5+ yards into the defensive backfield on every play are bigger than he is. You don't find too many 220 lb. Noseguards in Class 6A. He manhandled Wortham from Tulsa Washington who is 6'3" and 315 lb. He is fundamentally sound and likely will be a guard or tackle in college. He's playing center because the team doesn't have a good center and needs him to play that position. I'm not worried about him personally, he's going to excel athletically and academically wherever he goes and make whatever team he is on better. I want him to go to OSU for personal reasons because I love OSU and so does he and his entire family. However, It won't be the first swing and a miss for our O-Line recruiting and talent evaluation that's for sure, especially the past several years. I think we have 1-2 slots remaining for 2022 so I'll keep my fingers crossed.