2022 Eligibility

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
I think it's the opposite issue for him. We're not asking him to cover anyone now, he is almost exclusively a LOS player this year for us, and he is killing it because of his instincts and tackling ability. I think his limitation at the next level will be size. Not many sub 6 foot lbers in the NFL.
I just hope he gets a chance at the next level, seems like a good all around kid anyone would want on their team.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Malcolm Rodriguez will be hard to replace. He's exceptional and watch any play and follow the ball, that's where you'll find Rodriguez, wherever the ball is.
Quite possibly the surest tackler I've ever seen play college football. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him play for us!

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I don't want to speak for the poster, but my interpretation was he was making a quip about how long Rodriguez has played, not how well.
Bingo

That's how I read it; took two tries so maybe it's a "read it again" post.
Most of my posts are. It's both a blessing and a curse.

Enlighenment me then? I was seriously asking, I tried to think of some of the good LB we have had lately and couldnt think of any haha
MR us definitely as good as we've had lately. Going back to the (my) good old days, the best I've ever seen at OSU was John Corker. Physically he was about 20 years ahead of his time - 6'5", about 245 lbs and fast as lightning. An excellent pass rusher, he was a Lawrence Taylor-type defender. He was quickly becoming an NFL star before a knee injury effectively ended his career. Sadly, given the improvements in orthopedic repair and rehab since then, the same injury today may have seen him back on the field in a year or less.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
Bingo

Most of my posts are. It's both a blessing and a curse.

MR us definitely as good as we've had lately. Going back to the (my) good old days, the best I've ever seen at OSU was John Corker. Physically he was about 20 years ahead of his time - 6'5", about 245 lbs and fast as lightning. An excellent pass rusher, he was a Lawrence Taylor-type defender. He was quickly becoming an NFL star before a knee injury effectively ended his career. Sadly, given the improvements in orthopedic repair and rehab since then, the same injury today may have seen him back on the field in a year or less.
Over my head when I read it before, its been a long week already :lol:

Dec 19, 2012
Key losses on D will probably be: 1. Malcolm Rodriguez 2. Kolby Harvell Peel 3. Devin Harper 4. Christian Holmes 5. Brendon Evers 6. Sione Asi

Maybe 7-10: Irby, Lacy, Bernard-Converse, Antwine
Of those, 6-8 starters this year potentially gone. We'll definitely be reloading on D, but that's to be expected when you have your best defense ever. We are deeper than we've ever been on D and our future looks bright with the youngsters and Trace Ford/Tre Sterling coming back from injury.