2022 Eligibility

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 5, 2019
Wichita
So HCMG announced last night the Brock Martin will be coming back next year and getting a masters degree. What other seniors are eligible to come back another year after the extra NCAA year of eligibility?

Tre Sterling?
Braydon Johnson?
Dezmon Jackson?

So many seniors on D that would be nice to have back.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
So HCMG announced last night the Brock Martin will be coming back next year and getting a masters degree. What other seniors are eligible to come back another year after the extra NCAA year of eligibility?

Tre Sterling?
Braydon Johnson?
Dezmon Jackson?

So many seniors on D that would be nice to have back.
I really hope Tre is able to come back and play for us again, sucks he got hurt this year.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I think Tyler Lacy and Israel Antwine will both be going pro.

The corners are both in question… JBC definitely has a year left cuz of Covid, I get confused on Holmes due to the transfer.

KHP will be going pro.

Tay is a confusing one cuz of the transfer but I think he’s going pro regardless.

Sills and Godlevske are both gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
What about Trace Ford? Could he be back...?
I would imagine he would be, im sure he has used his medical redshirt. Maybe could still use his covid year? Not entirely sure how all of that works anyways :whistle: but I am hoping he can come back and Tre Sterling too!

Dec 9, 2013
Lol if I’m doing my math right, he has his freshman year, then the Covid year which didn’t count, and then this would be his redshirt, so he has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

That’s what I was thinking. Next yrs D could be really, good.
DE-Ford, Martin, Oliver (ESPN has him as mid season Freshman AA), Irby, Lacy (please)
Interior-Antwine(?), Clay, Kelly, Jernigan, Evers(?)
LB-Cobb
CB-Black, Muhammad, Converse, Jones
S-Sterling(?), Taylor, McAlister, Harper, Daniels

LB is probably the only spot where inexperience comes to play. I know we have some young guys that are highly thought of but replacing Malcolm and Harper will be tough. I like what I’ve seen from Cobb.

I’m really interested in Kelly at DT. Has anyone heard anything w how he is doing?

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
DE-Ford, Martin, Oliver (ESPN has him as mid season Freshman AA), Irby, Lacy (please)
LB-Cobb

LB is probably the only spot where inexperience comes to play. I know we have some young guys that are highly thought of but replacing Malcolm and Harper will be tough. I like what I’ve seen from Cobb.

I’m really interested in Kelly at DT. Has anyone heard anything w how he is doing?
Maybe try to find a juco or someone in the transfer portal for LB? We seem to be doing well with the transfer portal and bringing in guys who can contribute fairly quickly.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
LB-Cobb

Maybe try to find a juco or someone in the transfer portal for LB? We seem to be doing well with the transfer portal and bringing in guys who can contribute fairly quickly.
Maybe, but the insiders seem to be really high on Mason Cobb to step up and take the mantle at LB. I think Lamont Bishop has potential and he should have a year or 2 left.

I’m also curious because we should work out a way to get Trace Ford, Collin Oliver, and Brock Martin all on the field at once. Oliver and Ford are also pretty sneaky in coverage at least for Edge players, so I wonder if we see them play some ILB just to get them all on the field.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Lol if I’m doing my math right, he has his freshman year, then the Covid year which didn’t count, and then this would be his redshirt, so he has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

LB-Cobb

I imagine JBC will go. We’ll need new guys at CB to step up.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
Maybe, but the insiders seem to be really high on Mason Cobb to step up and take the mantle at LB. I think Lamont Bishop has potential and he should have a year or 2 left.

I’m also curious because we should work out a way to get Trace Ford, Collin Oliver, and Brock Martin all on the field at once. Oliver and Ford are also pretty sneaky in coverage at least for Edge players, so I wonder if we see them play some ILB just to get them all on the field.

I would much rather have someone who has came up in our system for sure, hopefully one of them can step it up for next year.

Be interesting there too, Oliver seems to have some more quickness than the other two, but that doesnt necessarily mean he will be better in coverage. Either way the D should be pretty stout next year too!