Football 2022 ATH Braylin Presley Committed to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
My point is he’s exactly the type of prospect Gundy has made a living on. 3 star with no offers from blue bloods. We are probably one of the highest profile schools offering him.
Offers from blue bloods is a much higher bar than simply P5 offers. Yes, you're right about it being a prototypical Gundy recruitment win.

His size may be one of the biggest reasons he didn't get blue blood offers. Also, if they consider him a lock for OSU, they don't want to give him more stars by offering. Just my hunch.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Offers from blue bloods is a much higher bar than simply P5 offers. Yes, you're right about it being a prototypical Gundy recruitment win.

His size may be one of the biggest reasons he didn't get blue blood offers. Also, if they consider him a lock for OSU, they don't want to give him more stars by offering. Just my hunch.
I very much believe that too, if he is anywhere close to 6ft plus another 10lbs ALL the blue bloods would be calling for this kid to come to their school too. Let's be honest though it is extremely big to get any kind of P5 offer, let alone from a blue blood school.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
any way we slice it, this is a big win.

Braylin is a cut above the typical "Gundy 3-star recruit"

he's a 4 star on ESPN and has an .8777 rating on 247.

the 3 star pickups that make me shake my head are the ones with no other offers but Eastern Michigan or Princeton or UNT with a rating of like 0.82.

Beating out Mizzou, Nebraska, Baylor, Louisville, West Virginia is nothing to sneeze at.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
any way we slice it, this is a big win.

Braylin is a cut above the typical "Gundy 3-star recruit"

he's a 4 star on ESPN and has an .8777 rating on 247.

the 3 star pickups that make me shake my head are the ones with no other offers but Eastern Michigan or Princeton or UNT with a rating of like 0.82.

Beating out Mizzou, Nebraska, Baylor, Louisville, West Virginia is nothing to sneeze at.
Yep. When @PokeJ said he was a type of 3 star Gundy makes a living on, I took it to mean this kind:
https://247sports.com/Player/James-Washington-33621/