2022-23 Cowgirls Softball Roster

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I think with the above line up, you answered your own question.
OSU softball is transitioning from an over achieving feel good story to an actual national power. The talent coming in is big time and players see that. Enjoy the ride folks because OSU softball is just now arriving and we are not going away any time soon.
I hope your explanation is correct. Petty leaving shocked me. Coach very well may have told them that it will be hard for them to find PT next year with the talent he has coming in. We'll see. Not worried about it, but definitely surprised.

Jan 1, 2022
Moore
Tatum clopton- coaches are still high on her. She had Kelly Maxwell-type freshman season. Like if Maxwell pitched as true freshman, it would’ve been very ugly. Clopton has the talent to be not only an elite pitcher but an elite hitter as well. She’s a legit 2 way player was one of the best hitters in fall ball.

Problem is between the ears. Like Maxwell, she got beat up hard by her teammates during intrasquad scrimmages. She would strike out two hitters, give up a hit or walk, and then she’s fall apart. She a highly recruited kid that was not used to being hit hard til she stepped on campus. Like in Clearwater against USF, she got the first two hitters out, then she walked a batter, and then she unraveled. With Maxwell, elish, and Day in the circle, the plan to use clopton was pretty much scrapped especially once Elish pitched a gem against Northwestern and realize there’s a chance they could get vintage Miranda Elish in the circle.

Does she have the talent to become a legit ace at some point in her career!! Yes!! But she needs to work on a couple mechanical issues, trust her stuff, and have the self confidence she can dominate. She basically redshirted this year and got to watch/learn Maxwell, elish, and day pitch. That’s a pretty damn good trio to learn from. I still think they’ll try to grab a pitcher from the portal, although there’s only two pitchers in the portal worth giving serious looks IMO
I know the pit her from Michigan, as well ss one from Bama and one from I think Arizona or AZ st, are all in the portal and seem to be highly thought of. I'm curious to see what Tatum, as well.as this year's frosh Aycock can do.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I know the pit her from Michigan, as well ss one from Bama and one from I think Arizona or AZ st, are all in the portal and seem to be highly thought of. I'm curious to see what Tatum, as well.as this year's frosh Aycock can do.
-Alex Stroko from Michigan is on an official visit in Norman as well speak. Florida is supposedly a serious contender for her as well. Wouldn't be surprised if she ended up in Norman, but stranger things have happened
-Lexi Kilfoyl from bama had hip surgery a few weeks ago to repair a torn labrum. Like the talent can't say healthy. She's been injured every year she's played. Whoever gets her is getting a talent that's injury prone. Likely won't be available for fall ball.

We'll see if Elish little sister comes here...didn't light the world on fire at Arizona and ASU pitcher Lopez could be following her coach who was just hired at Texas A&M.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
If the young lady from Michigan does go to OU…it could be the end of Nicole May in an OU uniform.

OU has 4 pitchers on the team(not counting Trautwein since her elgibilitt is gone). They signed 2 out of high school…one of them is the No. 1 pitcher overall. If they get the lady from Michigan…..7 pitchers on the roster. Too many arms not enough innings.

Couple of them will barely get to play.

Jan 1, 2022
Moore
-Alex Stroko from Michigan is on an official visit in Norman as well speak. Florida is supposedly a serious contender for her as well. Wouldn't be surprised if she ended up in Norman, but stranger things have happened
-Lexi Kilfoyl from bama had hip surgery a few weeks ago to repair a torn labrum. Like the talent can't say healthy. She's been injured every year she's played. Whoever gets her is getting a talent that's injury prone. Likely won't be available for fall ball.

We'll see if Elish little sister comes here...didn't light the world on fire at Arizona and ASU pitcher Lopez could be following her coach who was just hired at Texas A&M.
9963, any thoughts on the gal from Bowling Green ? Also even thou the frosh for 3b I think will be awesome, would you take an experienced 3b for instance? Say the girl from Oregon or Bama. ?

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
9963, any thoughts on the gal from Bowling Green ? Also even thou the frosh for 3b I think will be awesome, would you take an experienced 3b for instance? Say the girl from Oregon or Bama. ?
I think you take players that fit your program and your culture. If there's an experienced 3rd baseman you like, I'm sure coach will make a run at her. That said, coach is already been busy and there's a good chance you'll hear something soon.

Sidenote: Storako committed to OU this morning.

Last edited:

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
I think you take players that fit your program and your culture. If there's an experienced 3rd baseman you like, I'm sure coach will make a run at her. That said, coach is already been busy and there's a good chance you'll hear something soon.

That gives OU 7 pitchers…I can see Nicole May leaving.

Cowboys 4ever

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Nov 21, 2014
Stillwater

I like the sound of good news soon