2022-23 Cowgirls Softball Roster

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 1, 2022
Moore
in the unfortunate event we don’t get lee or Palacios…we’re likely done adding players. Our roster is pretty much set
Still thought we had 2 spots? I do like our roster, do wish we had more experience at P thou, just wanna get Max some help. We'll see I guess, and trust in coach.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Still thought we had 2 spots? I do like our roster, do wish we had more experience at P thou, just wanna get Max some help. We'll see I guess, and trust in coach.
2 spots?? You have Kilfoyl and Maxwell and as long as Lexi stays healthy that should be enough. There's not a pitcher in the portal worth taking right now. I don't expect Kilfoyl to pitch this fall due to coming off injury so the freshman should be getting a ton of work. John Bargfeldt should be able to get one of the Freshman pitchers ready hopefully.

Jan 1, 2022
Moore
2 spots?? You have Kilfoyl and Maxwell and as long as Lexi stays healthy that should be enough. There's not a pitcher in the portal worth taking right now. I don't expect Kilfoyl to pitch this fall due to coming off injury so the freshman should be getting a ton of work. John Bargfeldt should be able to get one of the Freshman pitchers ready hopefully.
I hope so. Hope Aycock or Clopton step up. I'm thinking Kilfoyl will be good, hopefully very good, just wish we had more proven insurance I guess. Still IF she stays healthy, and at least one of the frosh steps up, then yes we should be fine. I'm just ready to play. Can't wait to see a schedule, roster, and play some fall ball. Let's go cowgirls!

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I hope so. Hope Aycock or Clopton step up. I'm thinking Kilfoyl will be good, hopefully very good, just wish we had more proven insurance I guess. Still IF she stays healthy, and at least one of the frosh steps up, then yes we should be fine. I'm just ready to play. Can't wait to see a schedule, roster, and play some fall ball. Let's go cowgirls!
Kilfoyl is the proven insurance. Last year getting Day and Elish isn’t the norm and very difficult to do and only worked b/c Elish took 2 seasons off and no one knew how she’d bounce back. She was a gamble that paid off beautifully. Very hard to have that many pitchers check their ego at the door. I give credit to Morgan Day for taking a backseat. Not easy to do considering she could’ve gone to many P5 schools and become the ace of their staff.

I look forward to seeing the freshman and redshirt freshman pitch this fall especially Katheryn Ogg, who could surprise folks as she been with the Hungarian national team pitching.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Did someone mention fall ball? lol

I cannot wait for it also. I went back through the archives on okstate.com to see when OSU announced the fall ball schedule. It was Sept. 1st. Hopefully it will come out on Sept. 1st this yr on opening day for football.

Jan 1, 2022
Moore
Did someone mention fall ball? lol

I cannot wait for it also. I went back through the archives on okstate.com to see when OSU announced the fall ball schedule. It was Sept. 1st. Hopefully it will come out on Sept. 1st this yr on opening day for football.
So we can all circle Sept 1st on our calendar as like an early Christmas. FB kickoff and hopefully the fallball schedule. Can we just skip August and all this heat please.! Lol.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Thing is, if she committed here she'd have a pretty good shot too.
She has a really good shot of getting to OKC with us, but winning a national title….IMO OU by far gives her the best chance considering she’s accomplished everything outside of a national championship. Not like they needed her, they have the best catcher in nation already. At this point it’s more luxury than actual need.

Jan 1, 2022
Moore
She has a really good shot of getting to OKC with us, but winning a national title….IMO OU by far gives her the best chance considering she’s accomplished everything outside of a national championship. Not like they needed her, they have the best catcher in nation already. At this point it’s more luxury than actual need.
Damn, how do you stop natty patty? Can't she just take her stone cold face,and retire. Leave it to lil joey Myers. Must be nice for these kids to just ride coattails, be a follower and get a ring. Why not go somewhere and build something of your own, create a legacy. Damn, I can't stand those gooner roaches.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Damn, how do you stop natty patty? Can't she just take her stone cold face,and retire. Leave it to lil joey Myers. Must be nice for these kids to just ride coattails, be a follower and get a ring. Why not go somewhere and build something of your own, create a legacy. Damn, I can't stand those gooner roaches.
She has been at A&M for 4 years building something and she has created a legacy. I don't blame her one bit for going for the natty. Maybe she could help win one here, but that's a big maybe. She knows she can get one in Norman and she'll be a big part of their run for 3 in a row. Cowgirls are strong, just not natty strong...yet.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
DIdn't see this coming until someone told me about her today....Sophomore pitcher that got barely any time behind their two studs at Virginia Tech. This past season, Made 11 appearances, only 2 starts. Had a 5.16 ERA only had 19 IP, gave up 20 H, 14 R, 18 SO, opponents had a .256 BA against her. Interesting pickup to say the least as it doesn't seem like she's going to help immediately but you never know. As a freshman she went 6-4 made 12 appearances, 48 IP, 53 H, 27 ER, only surrendered 4 walks (nice), 27 SO, opponents hit .272. Has 2 years of eligibility.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgK_t8BgG2q/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Thought she deserved her own post. We also picked up a transfer from Kansas in Micaela Wark INF from Frisco, Tx. Didn't play this year, but played for Texas Glory, a powerhouse travel ball program. This has been in the works for awhile so it's not all that surprising.

https://twitter.com/micaela_wark/status/1549197993856733184?s=20&t=AnT-1LBD8XyJf-bEo3UqrQ

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Last but not least we added another freshman, this one from UAB (Alabama-Birmingham) Sophie Page. Freshman INF from Alabama played in 42 games, started in 24. Batted .239 while playing SS/2nd base. Only had 46 AB's only striking out 5 times while having 11 hits and 6 RBI's.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgK8hylsn7c/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
DIdn't see this coming until someone told me about her today....Sophomore pitcher that got barely any time behind their two studs at Virginia Tech. This past season, Made 11 appearances, only 2 starts. Had a 5.16 ERA only had 19 IP, gave up 20 H, 14 R, 18 SO, opponents had a .256 BA against her. Interesting pickup to say the least as it doesn't seem like she's going to help immediately but you never know. As a freshman she went 6-4 made 12 appearances, 48 IP, 53 H, 27 ER, only surrendered 4 walks (nice), 27 SO, opponents hit .272. Has 2 years of eligibility.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgK_t8BgG2q/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Hmm...27k's in 48innings...

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Thought she deserved her own post. We also picked up a transfer from Kansas in Micaela Wark INF from Frisco, Tx. Didn't play this year, but played for Texas Glory, a powerhouse travel ball program. This has been in the works for awhile so it's not all that surprising.

https://twitter.com/micaela_wark/status/1549197993856733184?s=20&t=AnT-1LBD8XyJf-bEo3UqrQ
She has a sister who plays for North Texas.

https://www.texasgloryfastpitch.com/player.aspx?ID=2450