Football 2021 WR Quaydarius Davis

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I’d really rather take the strongest overall prospect than take a depth piece for positional value.

Not to call specific people out, but I’m curious when why we took a transfer that was a back up RB at a G5 school right before signing day when we knew a guy like Quay should of been an option since he’d already decommitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would rather have the RB, dude looks good and it is a position that has more need than WR, especially when you consider the WRs we are bringing in.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Every good corner is a head case. You have to be irrational to be good at the position. Get the darn talent.

yeah if you talk to people in the Dallas area, he’s not the kid you want. His talent is not as good as you make it...I also believe in good locker room culture. He needs to go to a JUCO to mature before heading D1. There’s a reason no one wanted his ass....his talent didn’t outweigh the risk/baggage/attitude. All them top schools list he’s put out the last several months were simply a young kid fronting to the public. Every major school has dropped him except schools like Kansas.

finally not every corner is a head case, much less a good corner, some sure and they’re Elite at their position. This kid isn’t and him coming here isn’t that big of a deal. I’d rather get OL prospects.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Every good corner is a head case. You have to be irrational to be good at the position. Get the darn talent.

yeah if you talk to people in the Dallas area, he’s not the kid you want. His talent is not as good as you make it...I also believe in good locker room culture. He needs to go to a JUCO to mature before heading D1. There’s a reason no one wanted his ass....his talent didn’t outweigh the risk/baggage/attitude. All them top schools list he’s put out the last several months were simply a young kid fronting to the public. Every major school has dropped him except schools like Kansas.

finally not every corner is a head case, much less a good corner, some sure and they’re Elite at their position. This kid isn’t and him coming here isn’t that big of a deal. I’d rather get OL prospects.
That he was fronting the whole time is not exactly true, he WAS committed to Texas for a while and USC for a long time, so at the very least he at least had the talent to get offers from programs like that. Although yes, the top 3 he put out recently was definitely just for him to save face by adding some expired offers from bigger programs to his list.

I would love OL commits too, but Jordan Moko left us out of his top group. We’re basically at the end of the cycle. So which prospects are actually in play?

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
That he was fronting the whole time is not exactly true, he WAS committed to Texas for a while and USC for a long time, so at the very least he at least had the talent to get offers from programs like that. Although yes, the top 3 he put out recently was definitely just for him to save face by adding some expired offers from bigger programs to his list.

I would love OL commits too, but Jordan Moko left us out of his top group. We’re basically at the end of the cycle. So which prospects are actually in play?

We were on this guy pretty hard but it was kinda the same situation as Davis in that he waited and had to take an offer that was a lower one due to it. Now he is back on the market and if Sills is gone I bet we are interested.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tykieast-Crawford-46042429/

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma

I said the last several months of his recruitment...he was committed to 3-4 different schools...after some off the fields issues schools took him off his list...it's really that simple. Kid has some skills, but in all seriousness let's not act like he's a generational talent....because he's not. Kansas got him b/c literally no one wanted the kid. The last couple months he's been putting on a front with schools recruiting when in reality hardly anyone was. USC, Texas, OSU, Bama, etc....they've been done with this kid for a long time.

In terms of OL prospects...this OL room needs veterans. If you can find a JUCO...thats all good. If you can land a mulit-year starter that would be not only ideal, but probably better IMO.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

I said the last several months of his recruitment...he was committed to 3-4 different schools...after some off the fields issues schools took him off his list...it's really that simple. Kid has some skills, but in all seriousness let's not act like he's a generational talent....because he's not. Kansas got him b/c literally no one wanted the kid. The last couple months he's been putting on a front with schools recruiting when in reality hardly anyone was. USC, Texas, OSU, Bama, etc....they've been done with this kid for a long time.

In terms of OL prospects...this OL room needs veterans. If you can find a JUCO...thats all good. If you can land a mulit-year starter that would be not only ideal, but probably better IMO.
Well he committed to USC in May, so your timeline doesn’t fit. The only time he fronted bad offers was when he released his top 3 that included OSU and Florida in addition to KU.

He would have been our 7th highest rated recruit by 247 of all time.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Well he committed to USC in May, so your timeline doesn’t fit. The only time he fronted bad offers was when he released his top 3 that included OSU and Florida in addition to KU.

He decommitted in October....after that no one wanted him...that's my timeline..several months. I also know USC moved on a couple months and told him to look elsewhere. Just b/c a kid doesn't announce it doesn't mean he's actually been committed. He's literally been looking for a home months, despite him saying he was committed to "USC"....Kid was fronting for awhile...it happens in recruiting from time to time. I'm just glad he's not coming here....but I hope he has success in Kansas.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Wonder if he realizes he committed to the FB team not basketball....

Offers from Bama, LSU, Florida, USC amongst others and he chooses KU... Head scratcher for sure.

Jan 14, 2006

I trust Kasey Dunn over 247 any day.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Incoming transfers also count against that 25 limit and we apparently have 4 that fit into that category according to 247, including two that counted forward from last year (thus only one spot left):

View attachment 88103
Did Chandelier Anthony actually make it to campus ?
Not on the roster.
Hunter’s jersey never said “H. Anthony” like you’d exoif the team had a C. Anthony”

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I agree Dunn has done well with the WR's.

However 247 is 2-2 on top 20 WR's at OSU: Dez Bryant and Tylan Wallace.

I do question why are so many WR's have been leaving lately. Then we pick up players like Dee Anderson (who was sent packing at LSU and a complete waste) in the Transfer Portal.
I wonder how many skills position players have transferred through the portal and made an impact at a place that is on par or better than where they left.

I feel like guys like Trey Serman are the exception not the rule. It seems like most guys that utilize the transfer portal, you never hear from again unless they are doing well at a FCS or G5 school.

I think there is a lot more parity amongst most P5 schools than we care to admit. I think of you don’t have the skills / work ethic to see the field at one school, you will likely be in that same position elsewhere.
Then guys like Wolf completely surprise me.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I trust Kasey Dunn over 247 any day.
I agree Dunn has done well with the WR's.

However 247 is 2-2 on top 20 WR's at OSU: Dez Bryant and Tylan Wallace.

I do question why are so many WR's have been leaving lately. Then we pick up players like Dee Anderson (who was sent packing at LSU and a complete waste) in the Transfer Portal.
Because transfer rules make it easier to do so. Everyone wants to be a star

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
I wonder how many skills position players have transferred through the portal and made an impact at a place that is on par or better than where they left.

I feel like guys like Trey Serman are the exception not the rule. It seems like most guys that utilize the transfer portal, you never hear from again unless they are doing well at a FCS or G5 school.

I think there is a lot more parity amongst most P5 schools than we care to admit. I think of you don’t have the skills / work ethic to see the field at one school, you will likely be in that same position elsewhere.
I agree. Vary rarely do players leave and find themselves in a better situation.

I didn't like the Dee Anderson transfer. Someone that was basically kicked off a team after given a 2nd chance.

However I did like the Tay Martin transfer, because he had 3 good seasons at Washington State, hadn't used a red-shirt, and probably left because HC Leach left for Miss State.

Interesting that CJ Moore is going to be at Washington State next year. I assume we gave him a letter of recommendation.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

Just off the top of my head, Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Russell Wilson (he may have been before portal but still a transfer), and D'Eriq King. Can't think of any other RBs than Sermon though.