Football 2021 General Recruiting thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
A lot of early predictions for Jaeden Roberts to Alabama....so we'll see. Davis isn't happening...kid supposedly has character issues. Gundy won't take a chance on him.

Jan 14, 2006
I'm curious how we fill out this class. There are so many players going to the portal that we might be better served picking up a couple of known quantities.

The RB transfer from Utah St looks great. Legit 3 deep at RB maybe 4 if LD comes back.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I'm curious how we fill out this class. There are so many players going to the portal that we might be better served picking up a couple of known quantities.

The RB transfer from Utah St looks great. Legit 3 deep at RB maybe 4 if LD comes back.
Surprised we didn’t target a QB. No such thing as having too many. Especially when one is injury prone and the other is a statue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Surprised we didn’t target a QB. No such thing as having too many. Especially when one is injury prone and the other is a statue

At this point, he probably wouldn't be any better than Gundy's son. I don't think we need another Dru Brown or Ethan Bullock on the roster. Though if we NEVER targeted one this cycle, then point taken. Maybe he's trying to clear the path for his son to take over if the situation ever gets that dire.

Nov 6, 2010
At this point, he probably wouldn't be any better than Gundy's son. I don't think we need another Dru Brown or Ethan Bullock on the roster. Though if we NEVER targeted one this cycle, then point taken. Maybe he's trying to clear the path for his son to take over if the situation ever gets that dire.
I think I read we didn't target one this cycle because we already were really working hard to get Garret Rangel in next year's class. I think Gunnar walking on was a bit of insurance to allow us to skip this year.

Oct 30, 2007
Ouch, just looked at the averages for the class, 7th in the Big12. Pretty tight after OU and TU, who are of course billions of light years better, so hoping for some diamonds in the rough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Ouch, just looked at the averages for the class, 7th in the Big12. Pretty tight after OU and TU, who are of course billions of light years better, so hoping for some diamonds in the rough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Most rankings have us 3rd in the Big 12. ESPN has us ranked 36th. About were we always are

Oct 30, 2007

Looks like we landed a transfer C from Miami (OH) Danny Godlevske.
That's great news. Our offensive line has started to come together over the past few games, despite all of our injuries. Godlevske & Ettienne should make it even better. Hopefully we'll be a lot better up front next year than we were this year.