2021 Football Roster Talk

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 31, 2008
Why not?? What better game or time to have it happen than against this opponent and 10-12 days before the season starts. Some of our opponents will likely see this happen with their starting QB in October, we're getting it out of the way.
Doesn't say he has COV so will be good to go the rest of the season. Says he's held out. Maybe just contact tracing ? Quarantine ?

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Really hope this isn’t true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why not?? What better game or time to have it happen than against this opponent and 10-12 days before the season starts. Some of our opponents will likely see this happen with their starting QB in October, we're getting it out of the way.
Cuz I’d rather just have him get into a rhythm? Plus I’m not sure what the implication is and we probably shouldn’t speculate too much since it’s a person health thing but just assuming we’re getting something out of the way seems foolish and not really in line with COVID protocols.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Zach Lancaster said he thinks that Dezmon Jacks will be the 1A in a committee getting the most carries over LD by the end of the year.

**I should add he said that on the Colby Daniels podcast

Not sure that's really news. These guys seem like the classic thunder/lightning combo (gag), so it seems pretty obvious that the in game situation will dictate who gets the most carries.
I think it’s a little noteworthy. While I understand the plan was always to split lots carries I think most fans expectations like mine was that Bell would be the 1A to the 1B and 1C.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Zach Lancaster said he thinks that Dezmon Jacks will be the 1A in a committee getting the most carries over LD by the end of the year.

**I should add he said that on the Colby Daniels podcast

Not sure that's really news. These guys seem like the classic thunder/lightning combo (gag), so it seems pretty obvious that the in game situation will dictate who gets the most carries.
I think it’s a little noteworthy. While I understand the plan was always to split lots carries I think most fans expectations like mine was that Bell would be the 1A to the 1B and 1C.

Don’t count out Dominic Richardson!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
Cuz I’d rather just have him get into a rhythm? Plus I’m not sure what the implication is and we probably shouldn’t speculate too much since it’s a person health thing but just assuming we’re getting something out of the way seems foolish and not really in line with COVID protocols.

Agree.

If we are up 3 TD's in the 3rd, I hope Gundy gives SI some reps in the passing game and doesn't wait until SI can only call running plays in the 4th.

Oct 30, 2007

Agree.

If we are up 3 TD's in the 3rd, I hope Gundy gives SI some reps in the passing game and doesn't wait until SI can only call running plays in the 4th.
Yikes, if we are only up 3 TDs in the 3rd quarter, it is going to be a long season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
Cole Birmingham is listed as the starting LT as of the latest depth chart. He’s supposed to be extremely talented, so that’s a good update.

I know Woodard is supposed to be back, so that explains moving him from RG, but I wonder if that means Miterko is moving to RT? I thought Birmingham was a bit slow footed for LT from what I saw last year, maybe that has improved. I haven't seen the new depth chart so don't know.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
I know Woodard is supposed to be back, so that explains moving him from RG, but I wonder if that means Miterko is moving to RT? I thought Birmingham was a bit slow footed for LT from what I saw last year, maybe that has improved. I haven't seen the new depth chart so don't know.
I don’t see how you keep Eitienne off the field so maybe this is a shuffle that gets him out there as well.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Cole Birmingham is listed as the starting LT as of the latest depth chart. He’s supposed to be extremely talented, so that’s a good update.

Cole started at tackle last year and got hurt during Tulsa which led him to missing I think every game but one (?). Not sure we’ve seen him really have a run at Tackle.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

Birmingham starting at LT, Etienne backing him up
No change at LG or Center
RG Woodward is starting with Wilson backing him up
RT Springfield is starting with Miterko backing him up.

PFB posted it directly from OSU, so anyone can check it out I just don’t feel like getting comments about the source.

Nov 6, 2010
Cole started at tackle last year and got hurt during Tulsa which led him to missing I think every game but one (?). Not sure we’ve seen him really have a run at Tackle.

I just remember the right side in that Tulsa game getting beat with speed last year badly while he was in the game. He might have been at RG and Anthony at tackle though, I don't remember. I just remember that duo looked big and slow.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

I just remember the right side in that Tulsa game getting beat with speed last year badly while he was in the game. He might have been at RG and Anthony at tackle though, I don't remember. I just remember that duo looked big and slow.
I think you are remembering Anthony, but he was also trying to play through early injury. Then Teven went back to RT and they found Springfield at LT.

Nov 6, 2010
Birmingham starting at LT, Etienne backing him up
No change at LG or Center
RG Woodward is starting with Wilson backing him up
RT Springfield is starting with Miterko backing him up.

PFB posted it directly from OSU, so anyone can check it out I just don’t feel like getting comments about the source.

Maybe a way to get Miterko back to RT without making Springfield look too bad.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I think you are remembering Anthony, but he was also trying to play through early injury. Then Teven went back to RT and they found Springfield at LT.

cole started at guard and Anthony was the RT. Still interesting to see him at LT as he’s more of a guard. If anything Springfield should be benched as he’s been not very good so far