2021 Football Roster Talk

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokengineer

Go Pokes!
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Defense Takeaways:

My guy Lamont not making the 2 deep at LB :(

Brock Martin getting the “OR” with Trace Ford

I’m not sure what I was expecting at the 2nd DT spot replacing Cam Murray, but I’m encouraged by Jernigan getting the OR with Evers. There will be a lot of rotation there as Asi and Sam T are both really good contributors.

I’m a little disappointed with Christian Holmes getting the 2nd CB spot without even an OR. I would have preferred one of the other guys just to take away the deep pass. We know that JBC will probably just take away one side of the field instead of traveling, so the speedy WRs swapping onto Holmes is scary to me.

Don’t sleep on our back up safeties. Taylor was pretty darn good last year and Michael Flanagan was a really good recruit.

Despite all the hype about Collin Oliver, he’s not on the 2 deep.

Even more surprising, Collin Clay is nowhere to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bishop, Oliver, and Clay will all play a bunch. Wouldn't worry about that.

They are easing Ford back in so he might sit against Missouri St.

Heard that Holmes has made some strides and has earned the other CB spot.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Defense Takeaways:

My guy Lamont not making the 2 deep at LB :(

Brock Martin getting the “OR” with Trace Ford

I’m not sure what I was expecting at the 2nd DT spot replacing Cam Murray, but I’m encouraged by Jernigan getting the OR with Evers. There will be a lot of rotation there as Asi and Sam T are both really good contributors.

I’m a little disappointed with Christian Holmes getting the 2nd CB spot without even an OR. I would have preferred one of the other guys just to take away the deep pass. We know that JBC will probably just take away one side of the field instead of traveling, so the speedy WRs swapping onto Holmes is scary to me.

Don’t sleep on our back up safeties. Taylor was pretty darn good last year and Michael Flanagan was a really good recruit.

Despite all the hype about Collin Oliver, he’s not on the 2 deep.

Even more surprising, Collin Clay is nowhere to be found.

Bishop, Oliver, and Clay will all play a bunch. Wouldn't worry about that.

They are easing Ford back in so he might sit against Missouri St.

Heard that Holmes has made some strides and has earned the other CB spot.
Very much hoping you are right.

Jan 14, 2006
I think a couple of the guys who we expected to be on there who aren't may be injured. I don't have any info but it would explain why.

Really interesting how the wr situation turned out. I love that we listed 4 starters. Really excited to see the Green twins and Bray force their way into the mix so early.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Offense Takeaways:

All of the “ORs” at RB, no true starter.

No decision made on Etienne vs Miterko, unlike RB, that spot won’t be rotated a bunch.

It was widely projected, but it’s still a bit surprising to me if you take a macro look that Woodward is starting at RG and RT Springfield over Cole Birmingham and Hunter Anthony who were both the better prospects AND 2020 starters to start the season (which they lost due to injury).

4 WR spots in the starting line up, obviously the depth chart isn’t an actual formation but hopefully a sign for more 4 wide this year. Let’s get Brennen AND Braydon on the field.

Langston Anderson a back up to Tay Martin instead of starting across from him AND he got an OR with Bray making him not even the defacto 2.

The TWINS! Blaine winning an out right starting job and his brother right behind him.

It’s also at least an interesting note that it’s Blaine starting and not Bryson, while it was Bryson was the better prospect on the recruiting services.

Revisiting Blaine’s Hudl highlights are a whole lot of fun.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
it looks like 9 of our 11 starters on defense are seniors and several others in the 2 deep are seniors or juniors. Definitely a veteran group. I hope to see this group dominate opposing offenses.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Zach Lancaster said he thinks that Dezmon Jacks will be the 1A in a committee getting the most carries over LD by the end of the year.

**I should add he said that on the Colby Daniels podcast

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
Really hope this isn’t true.

Why not?? What better game or time to have it happen than against this opponent and 10-12 days before the season starts. Some of our opponents will likely see this happen with their starting QB in October, we're getting it out of the way.

Nov 6, 2010
Zach Lancaster said he thinks that Dezmon Jacks will be the 1A in a committee getting the most carries over LD by the end of the year.

**I should add he said that on the Colby Daniels podcast

Not sure that's really news. These guys seem like the classic thunder/lightning combo (gag), so it seems pretty obvious that the in game situation will dictate who gets the most carries.