2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
RA deserves all the knocks he gets.
Why so? Do you know the man? I know he's big and he's an OSU homer because he works for OSU, but why does he "deserve all the knocks he gets?" That's more than just unkind...it's kind of hateful.

Aug 7, 2006
Why so? Do you know the man? I know he's big and he's an OSU homer because he works for OSU, but why does he "deserve all the knocks he gets?" That's more than just unkind...it's kind of hateful.
Years of seeing how he interacted with OSU fans(many of whom were paying customers). Likes to talk down to people who aren't as "informed" as him. Used as a mouthpiece and didn't realize it, or does realize it and doesn't care. He's not beyond reproach. He was wrong about Mason and deserves to be knocked about it because if he had been right... he would definitely let everyone know about it.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Years of seeing how he interacted with OSU fans(many of whom were paying customers). Likes to talk down to people who aren't as "informed" as him. Used as a mouthpiece and didn't realize it, or does realize it and doesn't care. He's not beyond reproach. He was wrong about Mason and deserves to be knocked about it because if he had been right... he would definitely let everyone know about it.
Talking down to fans? You mean idiot fans? I kinda find it refreshing when he sets fans straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 7, 2006
You’re answering my question by avoiding an answer.

Not really. I made a joke because your question is irrelevant to my point that RA deserves to be knocked for this one. You're deflecting.

I don't listen to his shows, don't follow him on social media, can't remember the last time I read something he wrote and I'm pretty well informed on most things OSU. He's not as important as he(and apparently you) think he is.

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
RA deserves all the knocks he gets.
His articles are entirely passive tense with some of the longest run-on sentences I have ever seen in my life. Friggin amateur, and embarrassing. Glad OSU is getting big enough to start attracting attention and coverage from the national pros.

CBS' article calling this a "splash hire" being a great example. They also covered the frackus at Auburn in the same article. Great contrast for the Pokes.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
His articles are entirely passive tense with some of the longest run-on sentences I have ever seen in my life. Friggin amateur, and embarrassing. Glad OSU is getting big enough to start attracting attention and coverage from the national pros.

CBS' article calling this a "splash hire" being a great example. They also covered the frackus at Auburn in the same article. Great contrast for the Pokes.
With how much Gumby has been defending RA, I thought he might actually be him. Then I remembered Gumby uses punctuation

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I disagree totally about RA. Simple logic would have told anyone (at the moment the tweet from Feldman appeared) that the Mason hire was unlikely.

And yet here we are
Yes we are, and it’s good. But no sense in knocking someone that was simply assessing the situation logically.

It’s not his logic we’re knocking, it’s that he’s supposed to be our premier insider and he completely missed, had no knowledge that Mason had already been to Stillwater to interview.

And then there’s the way he disagrees with things, the way he writes it comes off as speaking down to anyone else who dares get a scoop for OSU.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
RA saying there was a possibility JBC would return was just wishful thinking. Mike Scarborough was saying as early as late last week that JBC is for sure going to LSU. RA has no clue.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
RA saying there was a possibility JBC would return was just wishful thinking. Mike Scarborough was saying as early as late last week that JBC is for sure going to LSU. RA has no clue.
RA was passing on what he heard from the coaches. He specifically said “the west endzone believes there’s a decent chance JBC will stay in Stillwater”. I suppose he should have just ignored what he was being told.

Some of you yo-yos need help understanding basic English.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
RA was passing on what he heard from the coaches. He specifically said “the west endzone believes there’s a decent chance JBC will stay in Stillwater”. I suppose he should have just ignored what he was being told.

Some of you yo-yos need help understanding basic English.

And I wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t hear a damn thing from an actual coach. Gundy runs a tight ship, coaches under him aren’t going to share that info.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I disagree totally about RA. Simple logic would have told anyone (at the moment the tweet from Feldman appeared) that the Mason hire was unlikely.

And yet here we are
Yes we are, and it’s good. But no sense in knocking someone that was simply assessing the situation logically.

It’s not his logic we’re knocking, it’s that he’s supposed to be our premier insider and he completely missed, had no knowledge that Mason had already been to Stillwater to interview.

And then there’s the way he disagrees with things, the way he writes it comes off as speaking down to anyone else who dares get a scoop for OSU.

Just because he’s an insider doesn’t mean he’s gone know everything, or get everything right or always have the most informed opinion.

As for writing style, I couldn’t care less. I’m interested in information. A misplaced word, wrong tense or an occasional punctuation issue is actually pretty easy to overlook if you try. Now, does he come off as brash and dismissive of some opinions? Yes, but that’s mostly nonsensical fan opinions and the bashers that he irritates. IMO he acts like he doesn’t have time for much of the “fan” oriented micro-criticisms. Clearly that’s the kinda Shiite that irritates me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.