2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
“relax, said the night man, we are programmed to receive…” my head is dizzy and my thoughts are dim…I have to stop for the night.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
Gundy's new strategy going into the 2022 season... Talking in code about injury and starting line-up information is so 2010's, now it is don't let the other team know who the DC is.

The plan is to hold onto this information until the OU game. It's the new "save the good offensive plays until later in the season" strategy.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
GoPokes has a DC story behind the pay wall. Anybody here see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PFB linked to it this morning but I don't have access. Their comment was that a recruit stated we would be keeping Knowles' scheme and the list of DCs was down to 3.
Derek Mason, Doug Belk, Joe Rossi

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
GoPokes has a DC story behind the pay wall. Anybody here see it?

PFB linked to it this morning but I don't have access. Their comment was that a recruit stated we would be keeping Knowles' scheme and the list of DCs was down to 3.
Derek Mason, Doug Belk, Joe Rossi

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Interesting. I doubt it’s Mason. I don’t see him running someone else’s defense as dictated by the HC, and it would leave us with 3 DB coaches and no LB coaches.

Could be wrong.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Jermial Ashley was let go today by Arkansas. He was our DL coach back in 2011. Hopefully Arkansas doesn’t come after Joe Bob. Would Ashley be a DC candidate?

Last edited:

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Gundy's new strategy going into the 2022 season... Talking in code about injury and starting line-up information is so 2010's, now it is don't let the other team know who the DC is.

The plan is to hold onto this information until the OU game. It's the new "save the good offensive plays until later in the season" strategy.
This would be the Gundyest move of all Gundy moves.

Ever! :lol:

Aug 19, 2006
Plus its Gundy vs Holgy....and that's Gundy by a mile. Gundy get's his coordinators hired by Ohio St. Holgy get his hired by Kansas? idk
It would accelerate his path to the Big 12 by a year or two. But he's sitting in the middle of a massive recruiting market now. They're pretty well situated to continue elevating their program. Guess it depends on his relationship with Holgy.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Plus its Gundy vs Holgy....and that's Gundy by a mile. Gundy get's his coordinators hired by Ohio St. Holgy get his hired by Kansas? idk
It would accelerate his path to the Big 12 by a year or two. But he's sitting in the middle of a massive recruiting market now. They're pretty well situated to continue elevating their program. Guess it depends on his relationship with Holgy.
I think he’s making $1mm right now. $1.2-1.4mm in Stillwater is a huge raise.

Having said that, I think Gundy’s #1 candidate will be the one that seems most willing and best equipped to continue with Knowles’s defense. Secondarily, we need a LBs coach. Both Mason and Belk are secondary coaches and we already have 2 of those. Rossi is a LB coach. If he’s ready to embrace Knowles’ system/style, he’s our man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.