2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
In the interview, Gundy is wanting to have a DC who will stick it out and not jump when offered a higher paying job. Who is in the NFL that is still playing in the playoffs that he may have interest in hiring?
Hmm, not too many A+ coaches are going to take that restriction.
Gonna have to go C- to get someone to take that limitation.

Are you sure this is a quote from Gundy or just your interpretation ?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
In the interview, Gundy is wanting to have a DC who will stick it out and not jump when offered a higher paying job. Who is in the NFL that is still playing in the playoffs that he may have interest in hiring?
Hmm, not too many A+ coaches are going to take that restriction.
Gonna have to go C- to get someone to take that limitation.

Are you sure this is a quote from Gundy or just your interpretation ?
With slow, it might have been a vision from mars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
I think he will bring in an NFL coach still in the playoffs. Mike McCarthy may be fired tomorrow and Kellen Moore then offered the HC job. Probably new defensive coordinator and defense staff will be hired as Dallas had a bad Defense.

To keep the defense strong moving forward to get to the playoffs a home run is needed. We should be able to afford or pay the new DC what they offered Knowles to stay 1.7 million.
I think you’re right about the NFL thing. And I was really hoping he’d go that direction.

You’re way off base on Dallas though, on multiple levels.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I don't know much about this guy, what did he do?
From a former player directly, and then through others who talked to other players, Graham doesn't care about his players, their health, how they do in school, how they grow as young men, treats them like crap, etc. When he left TU he text the players goodbye from Pitt. He never told them in person he was leaving.

He did the same thing when he left Pitt for Arizona State after 1 year. His sole goal was to climb the coaching ranks and used his players to do it.

Now stories coming out of Hawai'i pretty much confirm he's a bigoted SOB.

Jul 25, 2021
Bartlesville oklahoma
From a former player directly, and then through others who talked to other players, Graham doesn't care about his players, their health, how they do in school, how they grow as young men, treats them like crap, etc. When he left TU he text the players goodbye from Pitt. He never told them in person he was leaving.

He did the same thing when he left Pitt for Arizona State after 1 year. His sole goal was to climb the coaching ranks and used his players to do it.

Now stories coming out of Hawai'i pretty much confirm he's a bigoted SOB.
WOW...I kinda remember the tulsa situation now that you mention it. Sounds like a low class individual. Definitely doesn't/wouldn't fit in with the " Cowboy Culture ". Appreciate the info!

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
It's easy after the 21-22 season to hold HCMG in high(er) esteem. But the 11-2 season is owed to Knowle's defense. As @ESPN_billC said, OSU won plenty of games, "ugly". Defense isn't pretty, but it gets the job done. Gundy can't stand to hire personalities with talent. So he sticks with people he can micromanage i.e., Dunn at OC. So expect another no name DC choice combined with our current OC and HC to produce ground breaking mediocrity in 2022.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This is such a loser mentality and one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.
Wouldn't expect that comment from many on here, but you are certainly one of them. Any chance to rag on Gundy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
This is such a loser mentality and one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.
Wouldn't expect that comment from many on here, but you are certainly one of them. Any chance to rag on Gundy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I suspect Gundy either cut him or fired him at some point in the past.

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX

I don’t hate Gundy but I’m also not bound by blind loyalty to ignore when he makes dumb decisions. Of course I want him to be successful but if he’s gonna get paid what he does then he’s open to criticism and I’ll be darned if some old fogeys with their head so far up his rear they can tell you if is colon is orange, are gonna tell me otherwise.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

I don’t hate Gundy but I’m also not bound by blind loyalty to ignore when he makes dumb decisions. Of course I want him to be successful but if he’s gonna get paid what he does then he’s open to criticism and I’ll be darned if some old fogeys with their head so far up his rear they can tell you if is colon is orange, are gonna tell me otherwise.
Dumb decisions? Like what?

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
So the Raiders and the Patriots lost today. Probably by Monday they will be firing coaches. After getting killed Patriots will probably fire all their assistant coaches and Raiders probably will let’s all their coaches go when they hire Jim Harbaugh!

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

You want him to be successful? Hasn’t he been successful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Gumby and Rack, are you aware of the concept of diminishment? You do, in all your bloviation, realize that as other candidates are hired by other schools, the number of qualified candidates lessens? I really do not understand why you two aren't banned. You are, without a doubt, the two most infuriating posters on this board.
Bloviation is my new word of the day. Much thanks!

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX

Gundy has taken us to heights that have been unattainable, previously. That said, do you not see many instances that have cost us dearly? Prevented further ascension? He isn’t perfect but there are about 3 of you that act as if he is and that ANY disagreement with that fact means that the person who disagrees isn’t a “real fan,” or is a “sooner fan.” The fact is that he makes MILLIONS and is a state employee. That makes him open to criticism and if you think he Isn’t, well....

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Gundy has taken us to heights that have been unattainable, previously. That said, do you not see many instances that have cost us dearly? Prevented further ascension? He isn’t perfect but there are about 3 of you that act as if he is and that ANY disagreement with that fact means that the person who disagrees isn’t a “real fan,” or is a “sooner fan.” The fact is that he makes MILLIONS and is a state employee. That makes him open to criticism and if you think he Isn’t, well....
But dumb decisions? What are they and why do you care?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.