2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
The longer this takes, the more I think we're going outside.

I fully trust Gundy and his ability to hire assistant coaches but man, the dude is taking his time.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
The longer this takes, the more I think we're going outside.

I fully trust Gundy and his ability to hire assistant coaches but man, the dude is taking his time.
Literally EVERYTIME he has to make a hire he takes soooooooooooooooooooo long. It's been an issue every time he's made a hire since he got the job. It's so frustrating.
Why on earth is it frustrating? What would you do with the news we hired a DC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX

Gumby and Rack, are you aware of the concept of diminishment? You do, in all your bloviation, realize that as other candidates are hired by other schools, the number of qualified candidates lessens? I really do not understand why you two aren't banned. You are, without a doubt, the two most infuriating posters on this board.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Gumby and Rack, are you aware of the concept of diminishment? You do, in all your bloviation, realize that as other candidates are hired by other schools, the number of qualified candidates lessens? I really do not understand why you two aren't banned. You are, without a doubt, the two most infuriating posters on this board.
I just asked a question. If you’ll take the time to consider a logical answer, maybe you wouldn’t be so frustrated with Gundy or Rack or me.

And as for candidates, some doors close, others open. At any one time, there’s always about the same number of possibilities.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Gundy was considering promoting current staff until last week and he said he has now decided to look for DC outside of current staff in the RA interview. Sound like he is waiting until NFL staff changes are made to find an NFL DC. Lovie Smith is now unemployed with Texans. Gundy did say Monken’s should be offered a HC position in the NFL. Maybe Monken’s gets his NFL HC job this year.

Last edited:

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Could mean he has his eye on somebody worth waiting for

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Gundy's process, regardless of what some opinions might be, has worked pretty good. Given his success I'll just take his lead.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Gundy was considering promoting current staff until last week and he said he has now decided to look for DC outside of current staff in the RA interview. Sound like he is waiting until NFL staff changes are made to find an NFL DC. Lovie Smith is now unemployed with Texans. Gundy did say Monken’s should be offered a HC position in the NFL. Maybe Monken’s gets his NFL HC job this year.
The guy Weeden had to teach how to coach?

Jun 28, 2018
Little Rock, Arkansas
Gundy will take the easy way out and hire somebody from within. Just like he did with Dunn.
It's easy after the 21-22 season to hold HCMG in high(er) esteem. But the 11-2 season is owed to Knowle's defense. As @ESPN_billC said, OSU won plenty of games, "ugly". Defense isn't pretty, but it gets the job done. Gundy can't stand to hire personalities with talent. So he sticks with people he can micromanage i.e., Dunn at OC. So expect another no name DC choice combined with our current OC and HC to produce ground breaking mediocrity in 2022.

Jun 20, 2013
Gundy just confirmed that on RA’s show. Also says he‘s waiting to see how the NFL coaching carousel shakes out.
We have the best defense we've ever had in our history. We're going outside, and there is a legit chance that JK could take more of our staff up there with him. I'm having a hard time with this decision.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Gundy will take the easy way out and hire somebody from within. Just like he did with Dunn.
It's easy after the 21-22 season to hold HCMG in high(er) esteem. But the 11-2 season is owed to Knowle's defense. As @ESPN_billC said, OSU won plenty of games, "ugly". Defense isn't pretty, but it gets the job done. Gundy can't stand to hire personalities with talent. So he sticks with people he can micromanage i.e., Dunn at OC. So expect another no name DC choice combined with our current OC and HC to produce ground breaking mediocrity in 2022.
Lame

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
In the interview, Gundy is wanting to have a DC who will stick it out and not jump when offered a higher paying job. Who is in the NFL that is still playing in the playoffs that he may have interest in hiring?