2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
see no upside in hurrying to make a hire.
No upside? The upside is relieving our curiosity. Doesn’t Gundy understand the stress he is putting us through? We need to know whether we will be playing for another championship in 2022 or “Oh no! We suck again!”

Gundy needs to realize he reports to us. We spend our hard-earned money on tickets and nachos. How would they get along without my $64.75 per game support? If he doesn’t get it together, I’m gonna start posting all my expert knowledge on this board and show how incompetent he is. That’ll show him!
Well, there is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
That could potentially be sweet for Knowles. I’m sure he would get some kind of a payout for being released from a $2 million a year contract and then come back here and take the raise that we already offered….. McAllister could jump right back in the portal and come right back.
Believe a kid gets only one transfer to which he does not have to sit out a year, but that recollection may have been superseded by more recent developments

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
That could potentially be sweet for Knowles. I’m sure he would get some kind of a payout for being released from a $2 million a year contract and then come back here and take the raise that we already offered….. McAllister could jump right back in the portal and come right back.
Believe a kid gets only one transfer to which he does not have to sit out a year, but that recollection may have been superseded by more recent developments
I think that’s correct.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Maybe Gundy has been waiting for black Monday firings to see what potential candidates became available.
https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/1480567509275361281?s=21

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Guess you guys have not paid attention to Gundy and his hiring. He almost always does interviews for people he does not already know (ie Monken) during the American Football Coaches Association convention. This is the BIG coaching get together each year and its where most coaching interviews happen since they can be kept quiet and lots of interviews can be done at once. FYI the AFCA convention this year started last Saturday and goes through tomorrow.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Guess you guys have not paid attention to Gundy and his hiring. He almost always does interviews for people he does not already know (ie Monken) during the American Football Coaches Association convention. This is the BIG coaching get together each year and its where most coaching interviews happen since they can be kept quiet and lots of interviews can be done at once. FYI the AFCA convention this year started last Saturday and goes through tomorrow.
Interesting, just looked it up and it’s in San Antonio this year (or always? Idk)

Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
Gundy knew Monken, they were both on Miles staff.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Gundy knew Monken, they were both on Miles staff.
That was my point, sorry if I worded it poorly. I was saying for anyone that is not a "friend" hire like Monken was, Gundy tends to interview them at the AFCA. With Monken he probably just called him up and said get your butt over here. I mean they had yearly trips to Vegas together as friends for many years before Monken even came here. Why do you think Gundy has a donkey named "Blackjack" :D

Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
That was my point, sorry if I worded it poorly. I was saying for anyone that is not a "friend" hire like Monken was, Gundy tends to interview them at the AFCA. With Monken he probably just called him up and said get your butt over here. I mean they had yearly trips to Vegas together as friends for many years before Monken even came here. Why do you think Gundy has a donkey named "Blackjack" :D
Whoops! My bad,

Status
Not open for further replies.