2020 NFL DRAFT THREAD

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
First Team All Big 12 over Mark Andrews who was 10x the college TE than Belldoozer ever was. In fact, Belldoozer never made any All Big 12 team.
https://big12sports.com/news/2015/12/9/210570297.aspx
Yes, Andrews was an incredible tight end, will be a perennial pro bowler in Baltimore. And yes when he was a freshman who only played in 9 games and the rest of the big 12's tight ends were terrible, jarwin (in a rather pedestrian season) still got the first team nod. congrats, back when 200 yards and 2 tds was good enough to be 'the best'.

Wonder how Andrews did in 2016 and 2017? Curious who the 1st and 2nd teamers were in '16. jarwin kinda sucks.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yes, Andrews was an incredible tight end, will be a perennial pro bowler in Baltimore. And yes when he was a freshman who only played in 9 games and the rest of the big 12's tight ends were terrible, jarwin (in a rather pedestrian season) still got the first team nod. congrats, back when 200 yards and 2 tds was good enough to be 'the best'.

Wonder how Andrews did in 2016 and 2017? Curious who the 1st and 2nd teamers were in '16. jarwin kinda sucks.
Jarwin was second team All Big 12 in 2016 and was not elligible in 2017 because he was playing professionally for the Dallas Cowobys. That still beats out the Belldoozer just like his NFL production beats out Belldoozer in only two seasons compared to Belldoozer's five seasons. Belldoozer might make a nice blocking TE in an audtion season with the Cowboys this year, but Jarwin is their money man ($24mil, 4 year deal). There's a reason the Chiefs signed a better back up TE in Ricky Seals Jones for this season and it's because Bell is just a meh guy. Forklift at best in the league.

Looks like you're wrong and stupid again while everyone else is right and awesome.

As for Andrews, yeah.. I mentioned he was 10x the TE belldoozer is. Jarwin is great and all, but I was surprised he beat out Andrews in 2015. That doesn't mean Jarwin isn't any good. He's making too much money for that.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Jarwin was second team All Big 12 in 2016 and was not elligible in 2017 because he was playing professionally for the Dallas Cowobys. That still beats out the Belldoozer just like his NFL production beats out Belldoozer in only two seasons compared to Belldoozer's five seasons. Belldoozer might make a nice blocking TE in an audtion season with the Cowboys this year, but Jarwin is their money man ($24mil, 4 year deal). There's a reason the Chiefs signed a better back up TE in Ricky Seals Jones for this season and it's because Bell is just a meh guy. Forklift at best in the league.

Looks like you're wrong and stupid again while everyone else is right and awesome.

As for Andrews, yeah.. I mentioned he was 10x the TE belldoozer is. Jarwin is great and all, but I was surprised he beat out Andrews in 2015. That doesn't mean Jarwin isn't any good. He's making too much money for that.
Yes, that's correct, Andrews was the first teamer in 16 and 17. He's obviously 10x the player that jarwin is.

Bell was the better college player, as stated previously.

Yes, dallas appears to have the worst group of tight ends in the nfl now, cant argue with you there. But at least they have a future hall of fame wr.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yes, that's correct, Andrews was the first teamer in 16 and 17. He's obviously 10x the player that jarwin is.

Bell was the better college player, as stated previously.

Yes, dallas appears to have the worst group of tight ends in the nfl now, cant argue with you there. But at least they have a future hall of fame wr.
Nope. Bell never made any All Big 12 team which means he wasn't any good. Jarwin's college success and NFL success is greater than Bell's.

Andrews is awesome, but saying he's 10x greater than Jarwin is incorrect. You are incorrect a lot.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Nope. Bell never made any All Big 12 team which means he wasn't any good. Jarwin's college success and NFL success is greater than Bell's.

Andrews is awesome, but saying he's 10x greater than Jarwin is incorrect. You are incorrect a lot.
Well statistically Andrews is "only" twice the man that jarwin is, but we know he's 10x the player. Plus he's the #1 target for the mvp, that's going to make him a pretty popular guy.

Look i get why you dont like Bell, but saying a player wasnt any good because he didnt make an all big 12 team is incorrect faulty logic. You are incorrect a lot. My point was jarwin was a dud tight end at the end of the day. A full time tight end who signed to play tight end. And even Blake freaking quarterback Bell was more gifted and really a better college tight end & overall player, & he only did ONE season at te. Still Got drafted in the 4th round as a tight end. What round was jarwin drafted? I forget. Bell obviously didn't develop after that, but that wasnt my point. anyway gundy screwed up grayson boomer too. jeez, when will it end?!

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Well statistically Andrews is "only" twice the man that jarwin is, but we know he's 10x the player. Plus he's the #1 target for the mvp, that's going to make him a pretty popular guy.

Look i get why you dont like Bell, but saying a player wasnt any good because he didnt make an all big 12 team is incorrect faulty logic. You are incorrect a lot. My point was jarwin was a dud tight end at the end of the day. A full time tight end who signed to play tight end. And even Blake freaking quarterback Bell was more gifted and really a better college tight end & overall player, & he only did ONE season at te. Still Got drafted in the 4th round as a tight end. What round was jarwin drafted? I forget. Bell obviously didn't develop after that, but that wasnt my point. anyway gundy screwed up grayson boomer too. jeez, when will it end?!

No your point was Bell was better than Jarwin. Jarwin was a walk on who has ran circles around Bell as a TE in college and the NFL. He will forever have the accolades and cash to prove it. Bell was a wasted draft pick. That is abundantly as clear as how incorrect you often are.

Again, with the Andrews comparison, no qualm. He’s good but probably not 10x better. In fact, if Jarwin was a Raven he’d be putting Andrews numbers. That’s why Dallas is giving him a lot of money to play in front lolzdozer

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
No your point was Bell was better than Jarwin. Jarwin was a walk on who has ran circles around Bell as a TE in college and the NFL. He will forever have the accolades and cash to prove it. Bell was a wasted draft pick. That is abundantly as clear as how incorrect you often are.
I said Bell was a better college player. And he was. And he was the better pro prospect as he was visible enough to NFL people that he got drafted. And jarwin had mason rudolph, Bell had trevor knight and cody thomas. Jeez if Bell had a good qb he could have been a 3rd rounder!

Again, with the Andrews comparison, no qualm. He’s good but probably not 10x better. In fact, if Jarwin was a Raven he’d be putting Andrews numbers. That’s why Dallas is giving him a lot of money to play in front lolzdozer
He could very well 10x better statistically, it'll just take a few years for the numbers to add up. Already a 1x pro bowler. And youre saying if jarwin played for the ravens he'd put up Andrews like numbers? LOL ok. jarwin couldnt even get more than 365 yards and dallas had the 2nd most pass yards in the nfl. baltimore? 27th. If he was capable of that kind of production he'd have started over a guy who spent the previous season in retirement.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I said Bell was a better college player. And he was. And he was the better pro prospect as he was visible enough to NFL people that he got drafted. And jarwin had mason rudolph, Bell had trevor knight and cody thomas. Jeez if Bell had a good qb he could have been a 3rd rounder!

He could very well 10x better statistically, it'll just take a few years for the numbers to add up. Already a 1x pro bowler. And youre saying if jarwin played for the ravens he'd put up Andrews like numbers? LOL ok. jarwin couldnt even get more than 365 yards and dallas had the 2nd most pass yards in the nfl. baltimore? 27th. If he was capable of that kind of production he'd have started over a guy who spent the previous season in retirement.
Jarwin was grossly underutilized at OSU, yet still took home TE awards. Teams make dumb decision on flyer prospects like lolzdozer. I mean.. the guy has prototypical NFL TE size. He just can’t do anything it because he’s not any good as witnesses by his lack of everything in college and the NFL. He will be a one year deal type guy for the next few years bouncing around as a back up to fill small role holes in depth charts until he fizzles out and returns to OU as GA where Log will come to realize that lolzdozer can’t coach well just like he can’t play TE well.

Jarwins numbers would have been better this past season but a HOF TE decided retirement wasn’t for him. The cowboys still paid him because they know he’s the future unlike lolzdozer who has no future.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Jarwin was grossly underutilized at OSU, yet still took home TE awards. Teams make dumb decision on flyer prospects like lolzdozer. I mean.. the guy has prototypical NFL TE size. He just can’t do anything it because he’s not any good as witnesses by his lack of everything in college and the NFL. He will be a one year deal type guy for the next few years bouncing around as a back up to fill small role holes in depth charts until he fizzles out and returns to OU as GA where Log will come to realize that lolzdozer can’t coach well just like he can’t play TE well.

Jarwins numbers would have been better this past season but a HOF TE decided retirement wasn’t for him. The cowboys still paid him because they know he’s the future unlike lolzdozer who has no future.
He benefited greatly from how terrible the big 12 tight ends were at that moment in time. If the 'best' tight end in the league had 200 reception yards and 2 td for the season, it's a pretty damn pathetic group of tight ends from the standpoint of statistics. you should rephrase that by him taking a TE award. It was just one token award because *someone* had to be there. Dude had 5 career tds in 3 seasons and he had mason rudolph. Bell had 4 in his one lone season and no real qbs. I know what Bell is now, which is why it was funny and ironic too that he was a better player than jarwin, cause he was a non factor as a cfb player whereas Bell was a big time factor for OU for 4 seasons. He was just the better college football player and it wasnt even close. So good that he was effective playing multiple positions.

I do agree though, dallas really has the nfl's worst group of tight ends. I dont think it's really even close either.

jarwin will be dallas' starting tight end, dallas will have more pasing yards than baltimore will in 2020, and i'll still bet he wont even have 60% the reception yards that Andrews will have.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
He benefited greatly from how terrible the big 12 tight ends were at that moment in time. If the 'best' tight end in the league had 200 reception yards and 2 td for the season, it's a pretty damn pathetic group of tight ends from the standpoint of statistics. you should rephrase that by him taking a TE award. It was just one token award because *someone* had to be there. Dude had 5 career tds in 3 seasons and he had mason rudolph. Bell had 4 in his one lone season and no real qbs. I know what Bell is now, which is why it was funny and ironic too that he was a better player than jarwin, cause he was a non factor as a cfb player whereas Bell was a big time factor for OU for 4 seasons. He was just the better college football player and it wasnt even close. So good that he was effective playing multiple positions.

I do agree though, dallas really has the nfl's worst group of tight ends. I dont think it's really even close either.

jarwin will be dallas' starting tight end, dallas will have more pasing yards than baltimore will in 2020, and i'll still bet he wont even have 60% the reception yards that Andrews will have.
I know. Crazy how under utilized Jarwin was and yet he still got the nod over Andrews.

Math and football clearly are not your strong suit. Dallas threw over a hundred times more than Baltimore and to five more receivers. In other words, Dallas spread the ball around more. Further, Witten randomly returned and cut into jarwins production.

Jarwin’s production will double this year. If he was a Raven, his numbers would be similar to Andrews.

You excel at being incorrect all the time.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I know. Crazy how under utilized Jarwin was and yet he still got the nod over Andrews.

Math and football clearly are not your strong suit. Dallas threw over a hundred times more than Baltimore and to five more receivers. In other words, Dallas spread the ball around more. Further, Witten randomly returned and cut into jarwins production.

Jarwin’s production will double this year. If he was a Raven, his numbers would be similar to Andrews.

You excel at being incorrect all the time.
It's quite crazy when you compare the statistics, Andrews 1st year starting was his worst season statistically, and it was still better than any season jarwin had, at either level. Perhaps math is not the strong suite for the small handful of people who determined the big 12 awards in 2015. Someone has some 'splaining to do. Perhaps this comes to show the true value of what these awards might mean and why your flex was weak.

Yes, he was the backup to a guy who spent the previous season retired, I already knew that. And yes, i already am aware that dallas throws a lot more than baltimore does. And the statistics speak for themselves. It is what it is.

If jarwin was a raven, he would be the 3rd target on the team (if even that) not the 1st. He is not talented like Andrews is, and he has never shown that he possesses anywhere near that same level of capability. He couldnt do it with mason rudolph, he wasnt doing it with an actual good nfl qb in baltimore, and the reason is because he's not that guy. and he still wont have 60% of Andrews' yards next season.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
It's quite crazy when you compare the statistics, Andrews 1st year starting was his worst season statistically, and it was still better than any season jarwin had, at either level. Perhaps math is not the strong suite for the small handful of people who determined the big 12 awards in 2015. Someone has some 'splaining to do. Perhaps this comes to show the true value of what these awards might mean and why your flex was weak.

Yes, he was the backup to a guy who spent the previous season retired, I already knew that. And yes, i already am aware that dallas throws a lot more than baltimore does. And the statistics speak for themselves. It is what it is.

If jarwin was a raven, he would be the 3rd target on the team (if even that) not the 1st. He is not talented like Andrews is, and he has never shown that he possesses anywhere near that same level of capability. He couldnt do it with mason rudolph, he wasnt doing it with an actual good nfl qb in baltimore, and the reason is because he's not that guy. and he still wont have 60% of Andrews' yards next season.
It wasn’t that he couldn’t produce under Rudolph. OSU just severely underutilizes the position and still he was viewed as a top tier TE in the Big 12.

We’ll see about the rest. At the rate you’re on, incorrect is clearly in your horizon.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It wasn’t that he couldn’t produce under Rudolph. OSU just severely underutilizes the position and still he was viewed as a top tier TE in the Big 12.

We’ll see about the rest. At the rate you’re on, incorrect is clearly in your horizon.
Wouldnt be the first prediction I've made on this site come true.

Pretty obvious who the best te in the league was that year but it's a moot discussion.