2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2008
I don't believe the rumor that was on Boynton. I think the spotlight dimmed and Arkansas kept the pressure on him to stay in state.
I think the timing is too coincidental with the rumblings about Cade wanting to play with some of his AAU teammates, no? Now Rondel Walker (one of Cade's AAU teammates) has a commit date of Oct 31 and all signs seem to point to him wearing Orange and Black on Halloween.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I think the timing is too coincidental with the rumblings about Cade wanting to play with some of his AAU teammates, no? Now Rondel Walker (one of Cade's AAU teammates) has a commit date of Oct 31 and all signs seem to point to him wearing Orange and Black on Halloween.
Yeah but Boynton's MO is to take in new blood and let guys that are in the program transfer out or go pro.

Dec 21, 2008
Kentucky is like the Patriots. You could hire Cades whole family and sometimes a better offer arises. Kentucky has $900 MILLION on NBA rosters. What do we have...? Marcus Smart? The #2 team is UCLA at $635M, UNC like $625M, Texas $475Mish and then Duke.
It all depends what he favors the most. If he wants the limelight and dream team and multi million dollar max contract he picks UK.

If he wants to play with friends and be a part of a new flavor and build something plus the verbiage and confidence of MB and his brother factor then he picks us. He may not want to embarass his brother by going to UK. If he goes to UK his brother gets bashed nationwide, even though he seems like a solid youthful energetic smart big man coach

Kentucky seems like a too easy pick. Why not have committed by now? Why wait til end of Nov? Why hold programs at large? He knows what he wants, just depends if what we will provide is the golden ticket.....

Jun 14, 2011
Kentucky is like the Patriots. You could hire Cades whole family and sometimes a better offer arises. Kentucky has $900 MILLION on NBA rosters. What do we have...? Marcus Smart? The #2 team is UCLA at $635M, UNC like $625M, Texas $475Mish and then Duke.
It all depends what he favors the most. If he wants the limelight and dream team and multi million dollar max contract he picks UK.

If he wants to play with friends and be a part of a new flavor and build something plus the verbiage and confidence of MB and his brother factor then he picks us. He may not want to embarrass his brother by going to UK. If he goes to UK his brother gets bashed nationwide, even though he seems like a solid youthful energetic smart big man coach

Kentucky seems like a too easy pick. Why not have committed by now? Why wait til end of Nov? Why hold programs at large? He knows what he wants, just depends if what we will provide is the golden ticket.....
People keep saying this. While it isn't intrinsically wrong, it certainly is not as clear cut as "go to Kentucky/UNC/KU = $". With basketball, an individual talent can raise everything around them if there is any halfway decent structure and coaching. With the Ken/UNC/KU examples, it is the same thing as we all know; Blue-bloods get the best guys and then those best talents do what they do and go on to get picked high in the draft and then usually do well in the NBA which leads them to $$$$.

I don't know how much the average high school kid thinks beyond those points noted above. However, if they were to have a bit more foresight, as I think Cade does, they might be able to say, "I can and will dominate ANYWHERE I decide to go, therefore I can go to any reasonable program and likely win big while in college which would provide me similar exposure to what I would have received at insertblueblood".

In Cade's case, I think he will do very well regardless of the school he chooses. I also hope that he understands that the earlier in the process he selects a school, (outside of Kentucky) his decision will likely help that school bring in additional talent that would want to play with him. The longer he waits, that available talent pool will certainly diminish.

All that aside, It sounds like Boyton is doing everything he can to get a generational talent to Stillwater. All we can do is sit back and be nervous like all the other fans out there while hoping we see him in orange and black at the end of the day.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Not just fans, though. The so-called experts with solid track records of picking where recruits end up have switched to UK.
And the night before or morning of Cade's announcement they'll all switch to the school he's picking and then "get it right". Sometimes they "get it right" less than an hour before. Who they select before a decision date is set means little to nothing.

Dec 21, 2008
if we can secure Top 100 recruit Rondel from Putnam City in one week then that hopefully takes the lid off the commitment can. I saw last week a recruiting twitter handle mentioned OSU is in top shape for Rondel, JT Thor and Montreal Pena. JT is super quiet on Twitter so no leaks on him. Pena is a 6’10” athletic freak of an athlete that looks very underrated. From Arlington. It also mentioned as OSU in the lead for Cade. This Tx AAU connection with Rondel Pena and Cade may be our golden ticket to a stacked class.

anyone else have any thoughts going into Rondels commitment next week??

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
if we can secure Top 100 recruit Rondel from Putnam City in one week then that hopefully takes the lid off the commitment can. I saw last week a recruiting twitter handle mentioned OSU is in top shape for Rondel, JT Thor and Montreal Pena. JT is super quiet on Twitter so no leaks on him. Pena is a 6’10” athletic freak of an athlete that looks very underrated. From Arlington. It also mentioned as OSU in the lead for Cade. This Tx AAU connection with Rondel Pena and Cade may be our golden ticket to a stacked class.

anyone else have any thoughts going into Rondels commitment next week??
Pena switched to the 2021 class. https://twitter.com/TheTB5Reports/status/1164145508262326272?s=19