2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this one, fellas. It would have been AMAZING to add him to this class - but we got Cade! I'm still not coming down from that high.

In my opinion, it is probably the best Non-OSU scenario (well, maybe UNC). With KU's coming sanctions, he wont be a post season threat to us in the tournament. And even if he was, we got the better player in this class.

Hopefully good news is coming with Thor and we can add another solid player to this class!

Future is still bright!

Mar 27, 2008
I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this one, fellas. It would have been AMAZING to add him to this class - but we got Cade! I'm still not coming down from that high.

In my opinion, it is probably the best Non-OSU scenario (well, maybe UNC). With KU's coming sanctions, he wont be a post season threat to us in the tournament. And even if he was, we got the better player in this class.

Hopefully good news is coming with Thor and we can add another solid player to this class!

Future is still bright!
Yeah I agree. Would have loved to seen him here but not sweating it. We are loaded with talent at the guard position and will be fine.

Mar 27, 2008
"Oklahoma State won’t be sweating things out too long today. Cade Cunningham,
arguably the Pokes’ greatest recruiting win during the Rivals.com era, will sign his LOI around 11:30am EST. I spent a few hours with Cunningham yesterday and to say that he is relieved that the recruiting process is behind him but is anxious to get onto the Stillwater campus would be a giant understatement.

Cunningham has often talked about bringing others with him to OK State. Some saw OSU’s miss on Bryce Thompson as a reflection that all things were not going as planned for the Cowboys. I will just say this: the two had just begun to really talk about teaming up within the past week and while Cunningham would have loved to have Thompson with him next season, there are others he is eyeing.

JT Thor could be one of them, you never know the path that Greg Brown could go down, and it is not going to be difficult for Mike Boynton to sell what he will have in his stable for next season to a possible spring decommitment or grad-transfer candidate. Either way, today is a very, very good one for Oklahoma State."

-- Evans

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/early-signing-period-live-blog

Mar 27, 2008
I’d be perfectly content missing on Thompson if we get Brown. Can JT Thor play the 3?

PG: Ice
SG: Cade
SF: Thor
PF: Brown
C: Yor
That would be an amazing lineup.
I just wonder if Greg Brown is a real possibility? I haven't heard his name much because I read he had family ties to UT and he lives in Austin. It is interesting that his name is being brought up though.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
What part of LOYAL AND TRUE do you not understand!?
Bill Self works for the University of Kansas. The Cowboy way is to ride for the brand. That means if you take the money, you do the job. Recruiting for another school (in this case OSU) would NOT be remaining loyal and true to the brand you are working for. What part do YOU not understand?

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
I just wonder if Greg Brown is a real possibility? I haven't heard his name much because I read he had family ties to UT and he lives in Austin. It is interesting that his name is being brought up though.
He isn't signing til in the spring so thats 5 months for the coaches and Cade to work on him. If you didn't know Cade and Brown are AAU teammates.

Last edited:

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
Bill Self works for the University of Kansas. The Cowboy way is to ride for the brand. That means if you take the money, you do the job. Recruiting for another school (in this case OSU) would NOT be remaining loyal and true to the brand you are working for. What part do YOU not understand?
Good grief you people kill me:laugh:

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
Self has every right in the world to recruit against us. But this... this is crossing the line, Bill.

From the Tulsa World:

Rod Thompson paraphrases some of Self’s winning pitch to Bryce: “Elite players go to elite schools. If you’re an elite quarterback, you go to OU. If you’re an elite basketball player, you go to Kansas. You were custom-built for this.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/c...cle_0eea1f1c-17be-5940-8964-b06514349614.html

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
What part of LOYAL AND TRUE do you not understand!?
It would be like Boynton letting South Carolina have Cade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2008
Self has every right in the world to recruit against us. But this... this is crossing the line, Bill.

From the Tulsa World:

Rod Thompson paraphrases some of Self’s winning pitch to Bryce: “Elite players go to elite schools. If you’re an elite quarterback, you go to OU. If you’re an elite basketball player, you go to Kansas. You were custom-built for this.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/c...cle_0eea1f1c-17be-5940-8964-b06514349614.html
Would love to see Cades & Marcus’ reactions to this quote

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Good grief you people kill me:laugh:
Wait. Do you think you’re the one being reasonable here?