Football 2020 DT Sawyer Goram-Welch

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Welcome to oSu.

I really like this pick-up. We have a lot of young DT bodies on campus right, so we can afford to get project DT like this to groom within 2 years or so. Will bulk and prime up during Redshirt Sophomore year as a 300 lb DT then.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Welcome to oSu.

I really like this pick-up. We have a lot of young DT bodies on campus right, so we can afford to get project DT like this to groom within 2 years or so. Will bulk and prime up during Redshirt Sophomore year as a 300 lb DT then.
After watching film, I don’t consider him a project

OctaviusRexLTH

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
he’s doing what he thinks is best for himself, so go for it Sawyer. But when he rides the pine on another 6-6 Texas team, I’m not gonna NOT laugh

OctaviusRexLTH

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Just be honest. He loves the coaches, the school and the fans, but a prettier girl came along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah so I’m not going to “respect your decision.” don’t commit if you’re not committed. I hope he has a successful academic career at UT. I also hope, in regards to football, he turns out to be another Levi draper. Which, with Texas’s history of developing the bluest of blue chips - I’d be willing to wager will happen

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Yeah so I’m not going to “respect your decision.” don’t commit if you’re not committed. I hope he has a successful academic career at UT. I also hope, in regards to football, he turns out to be another Levi draper. Which, with Texas’s history of developing the bluest of blue chips - I’d be willing to wager will happen
Different situation. Draper played us because Mike Stoops hadn't offered yet. I'm not going to get upset at 17 year old kids but that was a dick move. With Welch Texas is a late offer. It's no different than when we offered Tulsa commit Clint Chelf late. Sometimes in that situation the kid says no I'm good and sometimes he takes he decides the grass is greener.

Personally if I'm the kid I stick to the more stable situation with a position coach that has put a few 3* guys in the league but I'm not him.

Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
Is Draper still at OU?

Jan 14, 2006
This is what most OSU fans don't understand. These kids grow up dreaming of playing for Texas. It's nearly impossible for us to hold them off.

You and I are aware that the OSU coaches evaluate and develop talent at a much higher level than anyone at Texas has or will, but these kids and their parents and friends can't resist the idea if UT. The reality will prove to be much different.

Good luck to the kid. I hope it works out for him but I'd wager he'll be playing for at least two head coaches in the next 4 years while Gundy leads us to about 40 wins.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
This is what most OSU fans don't understand. These kids grow up dreaming of playing for Texas. It's nearly impossible for us to hold them off.

You and I are aware that the OSU coaches evaluate and develop talent at a much higher level than anyone at Texas has or will, but these kids and their parents and friends can't resist the idea if UT. The reality will prove to be much different.

Good luck to the kid. I hope it works out for him but I'd wager he'll be playing for at least two head coaches in the next 4 years while Gundy leads us to about 40 wins.
I think we understand what “Texas” means to these kids. What we don’t understand is why you would want to play for a program that has been incredibly inconsistent. Texas won 10 games last year and they acted like they were going to go 15-0 this year.