2020-21 Wrestling Duals Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
WVU 23 Kent State 7
WVU 36 Ohio 3
WVU 10 VT 24

Ohio beat WVU 20-13 last season, so WVU is trending up. Obviously a long way to go as VT handled WVU pretty easily.

Noah adams is 3-0 for the day, extends his win streak to 35 dating back to last season.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
If you haven't seen the tweeted video of "the GOAT getting the first takedown" on the new mat you need to find it. I don't tweet and i happened across it, so I'm no help. I thought it would be some fluff thing where coach grabs someone and pulls him down. Nope. Coach and someone I couldn't ID (obviously also a wrestler/former wrestler) get after it in street clothes and socks on the new mat. Suffice it to say John Smith is still a bad man.
And they wore masks. :lol:

https://twitter.com/CowboyWrestling/status/1348026268109987848

CowboyVenus

An orange light stuck in the crimson darkness
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2010
Norman, OK
Any news on Montalvo? I really like him. Wouldn't have minded seeing Doucet or Webb at 285 today. Harris did a good job but is so undersized.
Announcers said Montalvo is a couple of weeks away. Didn’t say what the reason was.
Is Montalvo better than Plott? That’s going to be a fun one to get decided in the room.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Is Montalvo better than Plott? That’s going to be a fun one to get decided in the room.
Plott looked really good but I don't know how strong the guys he was competing against. He likes using the turk and is pretty successful with it. Ferrari looked as good as advertised or maybe better than I was expecting, it looked like if he wanted to put on a takedown clinic he could at any time, looked like he was trying to work on his tilts and he has some room to improve there but overall he was quite impressive. Austin Harris looked like he needed to put on 35 or 40 pounds to compete at heavyweight, he looked really small out there but in the second match he gassed his guy out and got a good takedown in SD. Witcraft either needs to go at 125 or put on weight he looked like he struggled wrestling up at 133 and the guy he was wrestling looked like he was 141 or 149. Getting Fix in February and Sheets also needs to be back the team looks pretty good with the exception of HWT.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If you haven't seen the tweeted video of "the GOAT getting the first takedown" on the new mat you need to find it. I don't tweet and i happened across it, so I'm no help. I thought it would be some fluff thing where coach grabs someone and pulls him down. Nope. Coach and someone I couldn't ID (obviously also a wrestler/former wrestler) get after it in street clothes and socks on the new mat. Suffice it to say John Smith is still a bad man.
Whoever that is held his own against Smith better than I would expect.

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
Starting with SIUE (OSU's backups are wrestling UALR at the same time but not televised)

Mastro wins 7-1
SIUE forfeits 133
Brock wins 12-7 (Pulls off a 6 point move in last 30 seconds to win. In the 2nd, Brock was cradled and on his back, and I personally thought he was pinned, but wriggled out of it)

Boo currently up 2-0 in 1st

EDIT: OSU up 12-0

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Starting with SIUE (OSU's backups are wrestling UALR at the same time but not televised)

Mastro wins 7-1
SIUE forfeits 133
Brock wins 12-7 (Pulls off a 6 point move in last 30 seconds to win. In the 2nd, Brock was cradled and on his back, and I personally thought he was pinned, but wriggled out of it)

Boo currently up 2-0 in 1st

EDIT: OSU up 12-0
Are you there?