#17 COWBOYS SWEEP THE #16 SOONERS. Pokes are on a FIVE Win Winning Streak. State is 10-6, 17-6, Overall. @ #3 Baylor THURSDAY. Sweep #4. #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Agree with everything you said, except concerning Michigan. I've watched their last 4 games, and they are a complete team with no apparent weaknesses. Good size, good ball handlers, good shooters, good depth. I think they would go undefeated in the Big 12.
Do you still think Michigan goes undefeated in the Big 12 after last night? Lost by 23 to Illinois at home, and Illinois arguable best player was out. Bad timing for you, Lol. These are 18-22 year olds and you never know.
They looked slow and Illinois looked much more athletic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So Boynton on his zoom meeting was asked about potentially facing Illinois in the tournament. He said he watches all that he knows that there will be storylines potentially and that he won't really answer any questions. They're just a good team they play really well and he knows that we would have to win two games to end up at that point and if that happens then he'll be more than excited with what we've accomplished this year.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 29, 2004
Austin, TX
Do you still think Michigan goes undefeated in the Big 12 after last night? Lost by 23 to Illinois at home, and Illinois arguable best player was out. Bad timing for you, Lol. These are 18-22 year olds and you never know.
I only saw the second half, and Michigan didn't even look like the same team I saw play the previous 4 games. I hate the fact that they lost to Underwear's team.
Anyway, most teams have an off night. I still think they'll make the Final 4.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
One thing i like to look at- is if both teams swapped their best players. which team would be better? IMO, this goes to OU.
I'm not here for an "I told you so", because I didn't tell you so. But after today's game I'm thinking it's time to admit this OSU team is more talented than I realized even without Cade. If I struggled to see this I have no doubt you did too, but it's becoming clearer this is not a one man show and these big wins are not anomalies. This team is legit.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I'm not here for an "I told you so", because I didn't tell you so. But after today's game I'm thinking it's time to admit this OSU team is more talented than I realized even without Cade. If I struggled to see this I have no doubt you did too, but it's becoming clearer this is not a one man show and these big wins are not anomalies. This team is legit.
It's always an impressive W when you can get it without your best player.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
It's always an impressive W when you can get it without your best player.
And even more without your TWO best players!

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
It is really hard to say who are the most important players on this team. Out of Kalib, AA, Cade, and ICE, only Kalib has played every game. We have played multiple games without the other three.

I think Kalib is the most critical part of the team for OSU to be successful in the NCAA Tournament, because of the drop-off at that position.

It's been a long time since we have seen ICE play, but he would probably be #4 on my list out of the 3. At the same time, he might show-up on Thursday and remind me. :lol:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
It is really hard to say who are the most important players on this team. Out of Kalib, AA, Cade, and ICE, only Kalib has played every game. We have played multiple games without the other three.

I think Kalib is the most critical part of the team for OSU to be successful in the NCAA Tournament, because of the drop-off at that position.

It's been a long time since we have seen ICE play, but he would probably be #4 on my list out of the 3. At the same time, he might show-up on Thursday and remind me. :lol:
Agreed. Haven't we had most of our recent success without him on the floor? I'm not saying he's a bad player. He's obviously one of our core guys that we depend on, but I just don't think we could have won at WVU with him on the floor instead of AA. At this point in the season, our most valuable players are...

Cunningham
Anderson/Boone

B. Williams
Ice
MAM

Walker/Keylan

Flavors
Kouma

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Agreed. Haven't we had most of our recent success without him on the floor? I'm not saying he's a bad player. He's obviously one of our core guys that we depend on, but I just don't think we could have won at WVU with him on the floor instead of AA. At this point in the season, our most valuable players are...

Cunningham
Anderson/Boone

B. Williams
Ice
MAM

Walker/Keylan

Flavors
Kouma
If AA can play more like he did at WVa, the ceiling for this team is incredibly high, even if his shots don't fall exactly like they did on Saturday. He was much more in control and put a ton of pressure on the defense with his speed and relentlessness. He honestly reminds me of Westbrook.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
If AA can play more like he did at WVa, the ceiling for this team is incredibly high, even if his shots don't fall exactly like they did on Saturday. He was much more in control and put a ton of pressure on the defense with his speed and relentlessness. He honestly reminds me of Westbrook.
Agree on the Westbrook comparison; just on a smaller scale. Westbrook has otherworldly speed AND power. AA brings a very similar game, just in a slighter frame. He can basically out-athlete people at will.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country

Cunningham
Anderson/Boone

B. Williams
Ice
MAM

Walker/Keylan

Flavors
Kouma
Your listing is good as they are grouped; within the groups the ratings have fluctuated throughout the season and even game-to-game (naturally, as a guy has the occasional big game).

Hot take of the week: I think by the time he is a senior the turnaround of Big Bern will be reminiscent of Mitchell Solomon. Because of the huge difference in team talent it won't make as much difference in overall team success, but already he has gone from a garbage time player to a meaningful contribution in the last WVU game. His 6 points and 10 rebounds allowed HCMB to leave him in enough to use all 5 of his fouls in defending Culver, without which we would likely have seen Kalib foul out as well as MAM. He has great hands and has caught/scored off of several passes we've made that weren't very wise choices (it's what we do!). He's made great strides during the season, he just hasn't played enough basketball, especially high-level basketball, to consistently make the right moves. But I think he'll learn.

Hot take 2: if I'm right about Bern, and given the huge improvement in Kalib's game, the common thread may be Kannen Cunningham. If he helps bring in another big guy it may be time he gets a pay raise too.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Agree on the Westbrook comparison; just on a smaller scale. Westbrook has otherworldly speed AND power. AA brings a very similar game, just in a slighter frame. He can basically out-athlete people at will.
It's a college version of that speed and relentlessness with a penchant for playing out of control. If he can continue to control it a bit more, much like Westbrook did in the NBA, he could be extremely good.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
He reminds me alot more of Kyrie Irving. Great dribbler, smaller frame, tremendous one on one player (best player outside of Cade for one on one), not a great passer (much like Kyrie). Even his shot on saturday to ice the game looked like a kyrie shot.