#17 COWBOYS SWEEP THE #16 SOONERS. Pokes are on a FIVE Win Winning Streak. State is 10-6, 17-6, Overall. @ #3 Baylor THURSDAY. Sweep #4. #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
I just don't think Baylor could handle their size. Hopefully we'll find out in the tournament - would love to see Michigan play some Big 12 opponents.
But can Michigan handle Baylor's guard play? It's the fun part of the tournament. The matchups. My notion is that I don't think a 6 loss Big 10 team should be considered that much better than a 6 loss Big 12 team. I think both leagues are equal footing. And I think Gonzaga is better than everyone else.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Your opinion. His opinion of our players is low so I’m going the same route. Our guys are great and all theirs sucks. It’s really the only way to discuss sports with guys like Toker. You give an inch and concede a point and he never does. It’s not an honest discussion, but is it ever with the ou fans that post here? Anything less than bowing down and proclaiming them the greatest is pointless.
Never forget they also suck because they have a pitiful player like Reeves.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Manek and Reaves would absolutely fit on this team. In fact, they'd be fantastic additions.

Manek (aside from his recent post-COVID stretch) provides more floor spacing than anyone on our entire roster. Put him in PnR with Cade and see what happens. Either trap Cade and give up Manek 3's or switch the screen and you have two mismatches.

Reaves is a hell of a player as well. He can score at all 3 levels (3pt isn't elite but solid) and he'd be an awesome secondary creator to Cade.

Look, I get it... we don't like OU but those guys are good players.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Manek is a one trick pony. He sucked until yesterday. Good shooter but if you crowd him he isn't very athletic. That's why Boone killed him on the glass along with Moncrieffe. Manek finally was worth playing yesterday and is when he shoots well but he also gives up 15 on other end cuz defense is below avg.

Reaves is a good player would be a good 2 guard on this team. That said I like our guys defense a bit better.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
This is exactly what you want to see from a complete basketball team late in the season. Getting good experience winning close games. That will serve us we'll in the tournament.

OU on the other hand is bleeding confidence. When the game is close they will be second guessing everything.
They aren't bleeding confidence. OSU is the top defensive team in the Big 12 along with Kansas. Go look at Big 12 stats in Big 12 games only . It's a fact.

Also there is a narrative that OU is a better 3 point shooting team. OSU is better by percentage from 3 in Big 12 games than them. Fact. Now I do think OU has an extra shooter probably but we have length and athleticism that allows us to be top 3 point percentage defense team in the Big 12.

Our weakness is against Bigs who are thick.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Your opinion. His opinion of our players is low so I’m going the same route. Our guys are great and all theirs sucks. It’s really the only way to discuss sports with guys like Toker. You give an inch and concede a point and he never does. It’s not an honest discussion, but is it ever with the ou fans that post here? Anything less than bowing down and proclaiming them the greatest is pointless.
Exactly why I asked what the basis was to say “ou is just the better overall team.” Got exactly the answer I expected.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Holder needs to march Gundy and the rest of the football staff into the bedlam baseball, basketball and wrestling events so they can see how to beat OU.
So the football staff, women's golf staff, and men's indoor track staff? Because everybody else beat ou this year

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Exactly why I asked what the basis was to say “ou is just the better overall team.” Got exactly the answer I expected.
Well, he also said they were deeper than us. I get the feeling he only watches OU play. I’m the same as I pretty much only watch OSU games. The difference is, I try not to put my ignorance on display and act like I’m an expert.

Sep 23, 2010
Agree with everything you said, except concerning Michigan. I've watched their last 4 games, and they are a complete team with no apparent weaknesses. Good size, good ball handlers, good shooters, good depth. I think they would go undefeated in the Big 12.
Do you still think Michigan goes undefeated in the Big 12 after last night? Lost by 23 to Illinois at home, and Illinois arguable best player was out. Bad timing for you, Lol. These are 18-22 year olds and you never know.