#17 COWBOYS SWEEP THE #16 SOONERS. Pokes are on a FIVE Win Winning Streak. State is 10-6, 17-6, Overall. @ #3 Baylor THURSDAY. Sweep #4. #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Game 1 and Game 2 of Bedlam Basketball will be consolidated in this thread. Cowboys win against the Sooners in OT in Game 1.

Jump to page 20 for GAME 2 Discussion of Bedlam.

Welcome to the last week of Cowboy Basketball for the regular Season. Your OSU Cowboys are in a 4x winning streak with wins against ISU, KSU, now #18 TTU, and now #16 OU. Pokes are ranked #17 in the polls. Pokes will travel to #3 Baylor and #6 WVU on Thursday, and Saturday. Bedlam Game 2 officially marks the last home game of the season.

Game 1 was absolutely thrilling with our #1 projected draft pick having his best game of the season. Cade Cunningham dropped 40 points to secure Game 1.

Game 2 will be far more interesting as this game is a MUST win for the Sooners. Sooners are favored by 1.5.

Last edited:

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Your OSU Cowboys are on a 3x Big 12 winning streak with the win over the #13 Red Raiders. Pokes have passed the first test of the gauntlet but there is still plenty of basketball in this last week of the regular season. Cowboys will have to trudge through the Gauntlet to face the #7 Sooners TWICE and just 3 days, not to mention #11 WVU and #2 Baylor next week.

About them Sooners....I hate to say it but they've been playing some great basketball. Let's see...they've ran away with a win against #4 Texas, so that's nice. Oh, they've also beaten Kansas in Norman, so that's noteworthy. I believe they also one split series against Texas Tech, good on them. What else? That's right....they've beaten Alabama in the SEC challenge. Surely they deserve to be ranked #7, right? WRONG.

Oklahoma State has done EVERYTHING the goons have done. We have beaten KU, Texas, SWEPT Tech, and beat Arkansas in the SEC challenge. Mind you, Arkansas just ran Alabama out of the gym. But yes, give OU that #7 rankings. Looks like we'll have to show the committee the hard way on who is truly the better in the state of Oklahoma.

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs University of Oklahoma Sooners
Conference Records:
OSU (8-6) OU (9-5)

All Time Series Record:
39-59 OU (8 years of Travesty will do that for you)

Last Four Meetings:
OSU
OU
OU
OSU

Listen

TuneIn

Game Notes

HCMB is 3-4 against the Goons (5-4 if you count him being assistant coach for Brad Underwear in 2016). This weekend, HCMB has a chance to have a winning record against the Sooners (Eddie Sutton was the last coach to hold this position).

Some more context, Alabama was missing their starting point guard when Ou beat them in Norman.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Your OSU Cowboys are on a 3x Big 12 winning streak with the win over the #13 Red Raiders. Pokes have passed the first test of the gauntlet but there is still plenty of basketball in this last week of the regular season. Cowboys will have to trudge through the Gauntlet to face the #7 Sooners TWICE and just 3 days, not to mention #11 WVU and #2 Baylor next week.

About them Sooners....I hate to say it but they've been playing some great basketball. Let's see...they've ran away with a win against #4 Texas, so that's nice. Oh, they've also beaten Kansas in Norman, so that's noteworthy. I believe they also one split series against Texas Tech, good on them. What else? That's right....they've beaten Alabama in the SEC challenge. Surely they deserve to be ranked #7, right? WRONG.

Oklahoma State has done EVERYTHING the goons have done. We have beaten KU, Texas, SWEPT Tech, and beat Arkansas in the SEC challenge. Mind you, Arkansas just ran Alabama out of the gym. But yes, give OU that #7 rankings. Looks like we'll have to show the committee the hard way on who is truly the better in the state of Oklahoma.

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs University of Oklahoma Sooners
Conference Records:
OSU (8-6) OU (9-5)

All Time Series Record:
39-59 OU (8 years of Travesty will do that for you)

Last Four Meetings:
OSU
OU
OU
OSU

Listen

TuneIn

Game Notes

HCMB is 3-4 against the Goons (5-4 if you count him being assistant coach for Brad Underwear in 2016). This weekend, HCMB has a chance to have a winning record against the Sooners (Eddie Sutton was the last coach to hold this position).

Isn't is nice to see a coach acknowledge that this isn't just another game and that it matters more?

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Based on our last two games, I don't like our chances. We seem to play down/up to our opponents and most games are close. Hope we see a classic!

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
Based on our last two games, I don't like our chances. We seem to play down/up to our opponents and most games are close. Hope we see a classic!
Life in the Big 12. Everyone in the conference, aside from Baylor, seems to fit the same description. A bunch of talented teams - each with weaknesses to exploit - paired with solid coaching leads to a ton of nailbiters.

The Big 12 has to be the most entertaining conference in America. This Bedlam back-to-back should just reinforce that.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
If we take care of the basketball like we have been the last few games I don't think these games will be particularly close. OSU struggles when they play against teams that have good interior defense and can protect the rim. OU is not that. OU has 68 blocks this year. For reference OSU has 96. I see the Pokes getting to the rim and the line at will.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
If we take care of the basketball like we have been the last few games I don't think these games will be particularly close. OSU struggles when they play against teams that have good interior defense and can protect the rim. OU is not that. OU has 68 blocks this year. For reference OSU has 96. I see the Pokes getting to the rim and the line at will.
I like the optimism, but based on all of our games against quality opponents, it will be close

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
It seems like in Norman a key player always gets in foul trouble early, dating all the way back to Byron Houston. Cade and Kalib have to stay on the court.

Also need either Rondel or Bryce to make a big contribution.

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
OSU has the better athletes...OU is more experienced.

I have no idea how this one will go. Boynton has not won in the LNC yet...I believe this team can make it happen.

Go Pokes!!! Beat 0U

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
What I don’t understand is that when you look at the 2 teams schedules, they are very similar despite the fact that OU has been ranked higher for most of the year.

OSU has bad losses to TCU, OU has a worse loss to KSU.

OU beat Alabama, but OSU beat Arkansas and they just smoked Alabama.

Both teams split with KU, OU swept WVU and OSU swept TT. OU swept by Tech.

This just screams even matchup to me from a schedule and strength of record standpoint.

However, I think OSU matches up well with OU. They have some inside scorers but they aren’t big bodies so much as shooters, which our bigs can handle because they have more quickness and athleticism.

I’m mainly scared of a matchup with good bigs in the NCAAs. We won’t be able to stop a big that can score in the post, haven’t all year. So, I’m hoping to avoid Gonzaga, Illinois, and Michigan. Would be nice to get off the 7-10 seed line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
What I don’t understand is that when you look at the 2 teams schedules, they are very similar despite the fact that OU has been ranked higher for most of the year.

OSU has bad losses to TCU, OU has a worse loss to KSU.

OU beat Alabama, but OSU beat Arkansas and they just smoked Alabama.

Both teams split with KU, OU swept WVU and OSU swept TT. OU swept by Tech.

This just screams even matchup to me from a schedule and strength of record standpoint.

However, I think OSU matches up well with OU. They have some inside scorers but they aren’t big bodies so much as shooters, which our bigs can handle because they have more quickness and athleticism.

I’m mainly scared of a matchup with good bigs in the NCAAs. We won’t be able to stop a big that can score in the post, haven’t all year. So, I’m hoping to avoid Gonzaga, Illinois, and Michigan. Would be nice to get off the 7-10 seed line.

I think it's definitely an even matchup. OSU has an edge in speed/athleticism, OU has the edge in experience both on the court and sideline. This is one of those games that Kalib Boone can excel in.

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
NCAA NET RANKINGS:
Oklahoma: 28th
Oklahoma State: 36th

Overall records:
OU: 14-6
OSU: 15-6

OU is 10-1 at home and 4-5 on the road.
OSU is 9-3 at home and 6-3 on the road.

QUAD 1 Records:
OU: 5-5
OSU: 6-4

Quad 2 Records:
OU: 1-0
OSU: 1-1

Quad 3 Records:
OU: 2-1
OSU: 2-1

Quad 4 records:
OU: 6-0
OSU: 6-0

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
NCAA NET RANKINGS:

Overall records:

QUAD 1 Records:

Quad 2 Records:

Quad 3 Records:

Quad 4 records:
And OU is ranked 7 and OSU 26. I don’t think we are a top 10 team, but have been top 20 all year and somehow not getting recognized.

I don’t understand college basketball rankings this year. Ohio State, Illinois, Alabama, Oklahoma, Iowa, West Virginia, Texas, Virginia, Kansas, Texas Tech, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennessee, and Oklahoma State all have 6 or more losses this year and OSU is the only team on that list not ranked.

OSU plays in the best or 2nd best conference and WSU and Arkansas are quality non-con wins.

Just doesn’t add up that 13 teams with similar resumes are ranked higher (6 of those in the TOP 10!!!), hopefully the committee is actually watching the games. We should be a 5 seed instead of the 8 seed all the predictions seem to have.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
NCAA NET RANKINGS:

Overall records:

QUAD 1 Records:

Quad 2 Records:

Quad 3 Records:

Quad 4 records:
And OU is ranked 7 and OSU 26. I don’t think we are a top 10 team, but have been top 20 all year and somehow not getting recognized.

I don’t understand college basketball rankings this year. Ohio State, Illinois, Alabama, Oklahoma, Iowa, West Virginia, Texas, Virginia, Kansas, Texas Tech, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennessee, and Oklahoma State all have 6 or more losses this year and OSU is the only team on that list not ranked.

OSU plays in the best or 2nd best conference and WSU and Arkansas are quality non-con wins.

Just doesn’t add up that 13 teams with similar resumes are ranked higher (6 of those in the TOP 10!!!), hopefully the committee is actually watching the games. We should be a 5 seed instead of the 8 seed all the predictions seem to have.

At the end of the day, rankings are largely irrelevant in the sport. Just get to the tournament. Should be a good game today, Oklahoma has the edge as a more deep team.