#17 Cowboys (17-7, 10-7) loses to #3 Baylor 70-81. LAST Game on Saturday against #6 West Virgina

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Texas win means we can finish no worse than 6th. Ou win means we can still finish 7th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This year it doesn't really matter who the match up is. Its going to be a tough first round game. Just don't want to have to play 4 games to win it. Not finishing 7th is massive.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Baylor is a well coached and talented team. It continues to amaze me how Baylor, being so much smaller, can attract great coaches in both football and basketball, do a much better job of recruiting than we do and get quicker results from it.

I believe it's obvious that it all starts with the head coach in any sport. They may not stay long, but the results they have while there are impressive.

Take away your sour grapes, but Baylor showed us what we need to work on to get to their level. Baylor and Kansas are starting to roll. We've got a very good team that needs to do things better to get there, but I think we're on our way with Boynton. I love the way he makes adjustments and gets his guys playing to a high level.
Baylor has some serious shooters and are a good team.
We now know what we need to work on.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Baylor is a well coached and talented team. It continues to amaze me how Baylor, being so much smaller, can attract great coaches in both football and basketball, do a much better job of recruiting than we do and get quicker results from it.

I believe it's obvious that it all starts with the head coach in any sport. They may not stay long, but the results they have while there are impressive.

Take away your sour grapes, but Baylor showed us what we need to work on to get to their level. Baylor and Kansas are starting to roll. We've got a very good team that needs to do things better to get there, but I think we're on our way with Boynton. I love the way he makes adjustments and gets his guys playing to a high level.
Easier to win when you cheat

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005

Also, Baylor is an old team and we are a young team. If Boyton can keep them together for a couple of years they can get to that level.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008

Also, Baylor is an old team and we are a young team. If Boyton can keep them together for a couple of years they can get to that level.
They are kind of like isu under the mayor. Living off of transfers at the moment. Flagler, teague, Mitchell, etc. they all came in of course had to redshirt so in reality they are a little older than their jr and sr classification. Vital isn’t a transfer but also red shirted so he’s a 5th year sr as well. Will be interesting to see if they all come back for the free year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Texas. A Texas win keeps us from play day 1 in the Big 12 tournament.
Just used okcpokefan tool. Here's our scenarios. TL;DR. It's looking good..

If OSU were to LOSE against WVU

An OSU #6 is guaranteed if:
(1) If OU beats Texas AND If Texas loses to TCU AND if Baylor LOSES Tech.
(2) If Texas beats OU and TCU AND If Tech Beats Baylor.
Only two scenarios to get #6 seed IF we lose to WVU.

An OSU #5 is guaranteed if:
(1) If Tech loses to Baylor AND if Texas Wins Out
(2) If Tech loses to Baylor AND if Texas beats OU but loses to TCU (CAN NOT LOSE TO OU for this scenario).
Only two scenarios to get #5 seed IF we lose to WVU.

A disastrous situation for OSU #7 is:
(1) If OU beats Texas AND Tech beats Baylor AND Texas beats TCU.
This is the worst timeline for us. That's IF we lose to WVU.

But check this out. If OSU were to WIN against OSU

An OSU #5 is guaranteed if:
(1) If Texas beats OU and TCU AND Tech Beats Baylor.
(2) If Texas beats OU and TCU AND Baylor beats Tech
2 scenarios for #5 WHEN we beat WVU.

An OSU #4 is guaranteed if:
(1) If OU beats Texas AND if Baylor beats Tech. TCU vs Texas outcome doesn't matter.
(2) If OU loses to Texas AND if Baylor beats Tech AND if Texas loses to TCU.
(3)If OU loses to Texas AND if Tech Beats Baylor AND if Texas loses to TCU.
3 scenarios for WHEN we beat WVU.

So. BEAT WVU and we're fine.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK

Scott Drew been in Baylor as a head coach since '03. He's about to do 20 years in the program.

Now you got me on the football thing

ArizonaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
Was coming on to say the same thing. This team realllyyy needs to get turnovers under control. Would say that and our inability to deal with talented bigs are our biggest weaknesses
Turnovers are their achilles heel. They usually have at least 5 absurd turnovers a game. That can be a big swing in points. If they would just stay focused and get rid of those unforced errors they will move their level of play up considerably.