#12 in coaches poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
ESPN has us #17 in their power rankings, tells you what they think of us.
I’m the biggest sunshine pusher here but I think 17 is probably about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree. We have a good defense but we are far from a complete package. Baylor is ok but I am not convinced they are that great. I was never sold on ISU.

Trainers are the most important people this week. We need to get as healthy as we can though that is not much as a lot of the injuries are season ending ones.

Not sure what to do on O. Sanders mechanics are abysmal which led to the bad high throws and easy picks. Hopefully, Rattay (sp?) sees something he can fix or make better. One int agains TU is probably a loss. I expect them to absolutely stack the box with no concern for our passing game. That is a good strategy as Sanders cannot handle any pressure and it leads to bad throws, so stop the run force the pass and probably get 2 ints. We need some adjustment to that strategy, the easiest one is to throw on 1st down but I am not going to hold my breath for that to happen.

The D can keep us in it for a while but TU will pound it to wear them down. So, adjustments must be made and we have the time to make those adjustments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
At this point in the season, it doesn’t really matter. It’s almost like it’s set up for Texas to stay in the rankings even if they lose to UO so it’s still a top 25 matchup when they play the Pokes.
I’m the biggest sunshine pusher here but I think 17 is probably about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Agree with both of these. After starting out of the top 25 we did get a bigger bump than expected with a couple of top 25 wins - but the cynic in me said it's more about UT and tv ratings in two weeks than us. Welcome to today's modern media and college football.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Agree with both of these. After starting out of the top 25 we did get a bigger bump than expected with a couple of top 25 wins - but the cynic in me said it's more about UT and tv ratings in two weeks than us. Welcome to today's modern media and college football.
How does Oregon stick above us with a loss to unranked Stanford who got beat by a team we beat (Kstate)? I know comparing losses is a fools errand but still, Stanford was a BAD loss.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Cincinnati and BYU are looking good at exactly the right time. If they keep this momentum up, it could be an opportunity for some big wins in our schedule soon.
I'd love to see either one of these teams run the table and win a NC! I'd prefer it be Cinci. Heck, even a Wake Forest, Coastal Carolina, or SMU.

Just give me ANYONE besides a smurfing blueblood. ANY.ONE. :cursing::mad::cursing::poo:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
So a couple of things to keep in mind. First the polls mean nothing and the eye tests mean nothing for us. We either run the table or we don't even have to worry about the playoffs and that is the only poll that really matters anyway. I just want us to be ranked somewhere in the polls as it gets us more air time on the shows and more publicity. They barely talk about non ranked teams who are not blue bloods so being ranked is important for that, but position not so much. Secondly for everyone complaining about the offense and praising the defense now keep in mind that Gundy move about 5 scholarships from the offensive side to the defensive side to build us up there. That part looks to have worked and worked well since we have depth now that is very good. However it is a game of balance and now the offense does not have the solid depth needed to do well with all the injuries we have had. But as long as we are winning I don't care and hopefully we get a lot of those injuries back.

Nov 6, 2010
How does Oregon stick above us with a loss to unranked Stanford who got beat by a team we beat (Kstate)? I know comparing losses is a fools errand but still, Stanford was a BAD loss.
QB play really matters. Kstate beat Stanford with a fully healthy Skyler Thompson, and Stanford benched their QB from the Kstate game and I don't think they've lost since.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
The big deal here is AP finally voted Clemson out !!!!!
Yeah that’s huge, first time since 2014…

Riddle me this - How is Ohio State ranked ahead of Oregon? Sure their loss is “better” than Oregon’s… Ohio State hasn’t beaten anyone.. the biggest point is that Oregon beat Ohio state in Columbus!

Ohio State’s Wins:
Minnesota 3-2
Tulsa 1-5
Akron 1-5
Rutgers 3-2

Oregon’s Wins:
*Fresno 4-2
*Ohio State 4-1
Stoneybrook 1-4
Arizona 0-4

The fact that there is a head to head victory on the road should keep Oregon a head of Ohio State. Oregon has also beaten 2 teams that have been in the top 25. Ohio State has 0.
It makes no sense to me. Brand matters more than results I guess.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
It's all the PAC has left which has any brand recognition, and it's only 1 loss. Oregon State also has only one loss - but TV folks would much rather have an Oregon or one of the other brands at the top. I think Oregon is like Clemson; they'll have to lose their way out. The conference is looking pretty sucky overall so far this year.

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
Oregon is above us because they beat Ohio St. on the road. Pokes beat KSU and Baylor at home. As stated earlier Stanford had a QB change and it’s made a huge difference. Beating Oregon at home for Stanford wasn’t a stretch. Pokes beat KSU that played without starting QB.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
Oregon is above us because they beat Ohio St. on the road. Pokes beat KSU and Baylor at home. As stated earlier Stanford had a QB change and it’s made a huge difference. Beating Oregon at home for Stanford wasn’t a stretch. Pokes beat KSU that played without starting QB.
Ohio State is a status program, but has wins against Minnesota (now 3-2), Rutgers, Tulsa, and Akron. They lost to the one good power 5 team they played so far - Oregon. So that is not really a signature win at this point.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Ohio State is a status program, but has wins against Minnesota (now 3-2), Rutgers, Tulsa, and Akron. They lost to the one good power 5 team they played so far - Oregon. So that is not really a signature win at this point.
And wasn't Tulsa a close one?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk