1,000+ armed citizens to march during Tulsa race massacre centennial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Graduated from Bartlesville in 2003, we spent a great deal of time on it in Oklahoma history. I think this was probably 2001.

My sister graduated in 99 and learned about it too. This was the first time I had heard about it because she came home and told me all about it. Not sure on the exact year she took it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Reading and watching media stories about how some claim the Tulsa Race Massacre was not taught in schools. I understand those who did not got to HS in Oklahoma or in Tulsa may not of had it as part of their curriculum. But I know I learned about it in the mid/late 80s as a freshman in HS in the required Oklahoma History class and my wife did as well at a different HS.

For those that went to HS in Oklahoma — did you learn about it in HS?

https://twitter.com/muellershewrote/status/1399224766565781504?s=21

I went to high school in Clinton Oklahoma in the Western part of the state. Graduated in 1988 and yes in my Oklahoma history class I was taught about the race massacre. I don't think it was quite termed like that but yes we learned it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I took Oklahoma History as a Senior in '95 after moving in from another state. It was not ever taught in that class, didn't know about it until after I graduated from college in 2000

I do remember for some reason in that class we spent alot of time talking about some guy who was famous for being a cook for oil field guys