1,000+ armed citizens to march during Tulsa race massacre centennial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I notice you aren’t really attacking their ideas just calling them names and dismissing them. I am honestly surprised that you didn't call them both white nationalists
I don’t believe they are white nationalists.

I do find their propositions lack any intellectual rigor, lacking peer review, and easily dismissible circular reasoning.

Furthermore, it it’s your intuition (ability to understand something immediately without conscious reasoning) is what’s telling you they are right, actually engaging in conscious reasoning with you as to why they aren’t is really a waste of time.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006

I do find their propositions lack any intellectual rigor, lacking peer review, and easily dismissible circular reasoning.

Furthermore, it it’s your intuition (ability to understand something immediately without conscious reasoning) is what’s telling you they are right, actually engaging in conscious reasoning as to why they aren’t is really a waste of time.
Just to confirm... you think Thomas Sowell‘s writing lacks intellectual rigor?

Sep 22, 2011

Furthermore, it it’s your intuition (ability to understand something immediately without conscious reasoning) is what’s telling you they are right, actually engaging in conscious reasoning with you as to why they aren’t is really a waste of time.
An Irishman must converse with the almighty to speak with his equal, how is the weather up there?
I just find it a red flag when someone resorts to attacking the person not the idea

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
An Irishman must converse with the almighty to speak with his equal, how is the weather up there?
I just find it a red flag when someone resorts to attacking the person not the idea
I find it a red flag when somebody uses “intuition” rather than engaging in conscious reasoning to glean conclusions on the topic at hand.

Furthermore, nobody actually advanced any of their ideas here. Merely posted a link to two of his books here....both of which I have read. They actually were simply arguing to authority rather than making refutable propositions. I rejected that argument to authority in the same manner it was proposed.

Contrast that to your dismissal/attack of actual propositions made in the thread as “navel-gazing” because your intuition tells you that is the case.

How about we say I have an “intuition” that they are pseudo-intellectual apologists for the far right and call it even?

Last edited:

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I honestly think the whole armed element of this does garner more support. I think all the big bad racists groups out there won’t show up because well they are armed.....and I think there will be a significant 2A element that supports this. At least I hope.

How ironic it would be though if Sitt pulls a Reagan and tries to put in some gun control since it’s black people with the guns.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
I honestly think the whole armed element of this does garner more support. I think all the big bad racists groups out there won’t show up because well they are armed.....and I think there will be a significant 2A element that supports this. At least I hope.

How ironic it would be though if Sitt pulls a Reagan and tries to put in some gun control since it’s black people with the guns.
Sitt's not that big of a moron.........is he? <eyeroll> :)

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I like to see this. Antifa being called out by BLM protesters.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1396341518122639360?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
You do realize he was a pretty far left professor before his students/college/and far left started attacking him for not following the schools preferred pronoun policy?
I know that’s his view of what happened, but....

So?

I don’t make my evaluations of someone’s writings on whether someone is left or right.

That’s irrelevant to what I said.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
A rich privileged white man, who has had a big part in controlling the "system" for 5 decades now is going to give a speech telling us how inherently racist that system is.
To be fair it's better than a rich privileged white man who was intent on lining his pockets while sleeping through the key moments in his administration.