1,000+ armed citizens to march during Tulsa race massacre centennial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Does that strike you as at least a wee little bit racist?
Oh without a doubt. It's absolutely maddening. I may have come across as that was my POV as well, but it is absolutely not.

My thought on this (just as it is with any other armed march), I will stay out of the area because I don't want to be there if a crazy shows up, and I hope that the people participating follow the law.

We live in a country that allows us to bear arms, and we live in a state where we can openly carry those arms around town. If I don't like it, I should work with my representative to get the laws changed.

It's just the same hyperpartisan narrative from both sides though...

Group 1: Let's stage an armed demonstration
Group 2: You're just a bunch of racists/terrorists

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You think local governments should be able to legalize slavery?
I hope you recovered from your 2nd round of coivd...but I do see it affected your brain...seriously dude, the hate is strong/weird in you...give it a rest and lay off the sauce. Just so you know, you are rivaling Old School with that stupid crap. Obviously "slavery' wouldn't fall under "most" instances.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I hope you recovered from your 2nd round of coivd...but I do see it affected your brain...seriously dude, the hate is strong/weird in you...give it a rest and lay off the sauce. Just so you know, you are rivaling Old School with that stupid crap. Obviously "slavery' wouldn't fall under "most" instances.
Okay, we have an upper limit. What's the lower limit, what do you think should be restricted to local government?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
No what I'm saying is when groups make a big to do about the announcement rather than just announcing to the people that they want to come, then it's usually to spark controversy. And that has to do with any group, not just 2A groups white or black.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
This frankly doesn't make any sense.

I will also clarify my position that anytime the black panther party is involved there's always the potential that they are doing it for attention and yes to cause violence to be had from the other side so that they can respond in kind. They are very antagonistic people.

Do you feel similarly about other non-black groups that march after announcing publicly they are going to march/protest....let's say the anti-shut down COVID protests?
No, but I would liken them to Westboro. Loud and boisterous, and they attempt to get others to start violence so they can sue. While the black Panthers tend to just want to be able to point fingers at the other group for "starting" the violence.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Only because I'm not on very often.

And if you read above you'd note that I did say I wouldn't be surprised with 2A groups that are white wanting to join them in solidarity.

Besides while there are black only second amendment groups most of the second amendment groups I've seen include Hispanics and black people and women.

The Black Panther Party and the Geronimo Pratt Club of Austin is open to and has members of all races...Hispanics, White, and women.

In fact, Fred Hampton in formed the Rainbow Coalition in Chicago when he was Leader of that branch of the Black Panther Party.

In fact, the Geronimo Pratt Gun and Pistol Club has had a number of these marches in Texas with no shooting and no issues of armed racial combat.

So I don't know what your point here is.
I say, agree to disagree. I know nothing about the Geronimo club, but to see white members in the black panther party sounds very strange.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I say, agree to disagree. I know nothing about the Geronimo club, but to see white members in the black panther party sounds very strange.

So you explicitly admit that you know NOTHING about the Geronimo Pratt gun club....one of the two organizers of the march you are commenting on and saying are marching with the intent to be a magnet for racial violence?

That pretty much says everything that needs to be said about your credibility.

Agree to disagree....on facts established by the historical record and even a barest of modicum of knowledge?

While the Black Panthers were and still largely are Marxist and anti-capitalist, to portray them as segregated by choice and enforcement and not working with other people of all races is just factually incorrect. You can have whatever "opinion" you want, but facts are facts.

No....that doesn't fly.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

So you explicitly admit that you know NOTHING about the Geronimo Pratt gun club....one of the two organizers of the march you are commenting on and saying are marching with the intent to be a magnet for racial violence?

That pretty much says everything that needs to be said about your credibility.

Agree to disagree....on facts established by the historical record and even a barest of modicum of knowledge?

While the Black Panthers were and still largely are Marxist and anti-capitalist, to portray them as segregated by choice and enforcement and not working with other people of all races is just factually incorrect. You can have whatever "opinion" you want, but facts are facts.

No....that doesn't fly.
So I admit I didn't know the Geronimo club want all black and you castigate me for it. Ok.
It is something anyone would've assumed just by the announcement.
And now, are you saying the black Panthers have white members, or they just work with whites when it's expedient?
I've only seen black members and if you can't see that they hate white people, I don't know what to tell you.
I don't defend the KKK or any group like that, except that they have a right to PEACEFULLY assemble. Same with the black Panthers. That's where my defense of either group would stop.
So in other words agree to disagree I guess. Throw in people like Westboro even.

I still say that people here are wrong. 2A supporters of all colors would willingly join any other group exercising that right as a chance to demonstrate that it doesn't matter your skin color when it comes to that.

I also say that there are groups like the KKK, black Panthers, or Westboro, that love the controversy and welcome the other side to escalate things to justify their hate. To this end, those groups are VERY vocal with their announcements of where they go so as to bring about confrontations.
Good day sir and God Bless.
Gotta pack for a fishing trip with one of my son's today. Talk to you guys next week.
Go Pokes and sic the Bears.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
So I admit I didn't know the Geronimo club want all black and you castigate me for it. Ok.
And now, are you saying the black Panthers have white members, or they just work with whites when it's expedient?
I've only seen black members and if you can't see that they hate white people, I don't know what to tell you.
I don't defend the KKK or any group like that, except that they have a right to PEACEFULLY assemble. Same with the black Panthers. That's where my defense of either group would stop.
So in other words agree to disagree I guess. Throw in people like Westboro even.

I still say that people here are wrong. 2A supporters of all colors would willingly join any other group exercising that right as a chance to demonstrate that it doesn't matter your skin color when it comes to that.

I also say that there are groups like the KKK, black Panthers, or Westboro, that love the controversy and welcome the other side to escalate things to justify their hate. To this end, those groups are VERY vocal with their announcements of where they go so as to bring about confrontations.
Gotta pack for a fishing trip with one of my son's today. Talk to you guys next week.

Continues to aggressively argue from a position of admitted ignorance.

Throws in a classic

And wraps up with @Rack levels of PA AF "God Bless".

Classic moves, one and all.

Kudos.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Continues to aggressively argue from a position of admitted ignorance.

Throws in a classic

And wraps up with @Rack levels of PA AF "God Bless".

Classic moves, one and all.

Kudos.
Really not necessary to be rude.
You don't like God then so be it.
I won't talk to you anymore if it offends you so much.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004

Now trying really hard to claim victimhood.

That won’t fly any better than your “agree to disagree” on documented historical facts.

I already told you if you can’t handle it, put me on ignore every week day and twice on the weekend.

Oh no, whatever will I do if you never talk to me again? :rolleyes:

I don’t need to worry about that because.....

Yeah you will.

You can’t help yourself.

You’re PA AF.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

That won’t fly any better than your “agree to disagree” on documented historical facts.

I already told you if you can’t handle it, put me on ignore every week day and twice on the weekend.

Yeah you will.

You can’t help yourself.

You’re PA AF.
Everyday me? I admitted that I didn't know about grooming and they didn't take about it again. I then asked you a question about the black Panthers and whites and you never answered it. I then stated that 2A groups tend to support each other no matter the color. What facts am I arguing even I ask questions on some things, and admit I was wrong admit something else.
I don't understand the hatred from your. I've never done anything to you.
And now you are dirty have cussing at me calling me names?? Really?
How old are you that you can't just have a discussion with someone without resorting to name calling and trying to belittle them?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Everyday me? I admitted that I didn't know about grooming and they didn't take about it again. I then asked you a question about the black Panthers and whites and you never answered it. I then stated that 2A groups tend to support each other no matter the color. What facts am I arguing even I ask questions on some things, and admit I was wrong admit something else.
How old are you that you can't just have a discussion with someone without resorting to name calling and trying to belittle them?

See?

Yeah you will.

You can’t help yourself.

You’re PA AF.
I was 100% correct.

You couldn’t last 15 minutes.

You’re dismissed.

Pigeon.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

See?

Yeah you will.

You can’t help yourself.

You’re PA AF.
I was 100% correct.

You couldn’t last 15 minutes.

You’re dismissed.

Pigeon.
Seriously, what do you have against me?
You won't have an actual discussion with me? Just because I didn't have some knowledge you did?
I really don't get why you are so confrontational with people. I've never attacked you personally and even agreed with you previously on things.

Did I do something to you previously?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Seriously, what do you have against me?
You won't have an actual discussion with me? Just because I didn't have some knowledge you did?
I really don't get why you are so confrontational with people. I've never attacked you personally and even agreed with you previously on things.

Did I do something to you previously?

We’re done here....we’re REALLY done here.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
After a little time on another site I'll say love of guns goes deeper than hatred of skin color for many.
This right here. The greatest thing for the 2A was for everyone of all the spectrums to get out there and buy one and learn. Now there’s twice as many people with skin in the game for the 2A. This is a very good thing.

Now if we can just get everyone to pay some sort of tax to the feds, we can start real discussions on how to spend it.