1,000+ armed citizens to march during Tulsa race massacre centennial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Any white nationalist group that shows up will show just how stupid they are. This is a nightmare scenario for the mainstream media and the political left. A black group honoring black history AND guns all at the same time. How do they spin the guns negatively without painting the people in a bad light.

If a white racial group shows up, it let's the media off the hook because they automatically become the story. All you'll hear being reported is how white america only supports the 2nd amendment for white people.

Oct 30, 2007
There's nothing wrong with a group of people coming together to exercise their 1st and 2nd Amendment rights as long as they stay within the confines of the law. Hopefully that will happen, and hopefully if any other groups do show up, it will be to join them in exercising those rights.

Maybe guns are what we need to bring people together and heal our country. :D

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You know that's why they are announcing it. But there's also plenty of white 2A proponents that would willingly join them. The 2A black protesters that is.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I don’t know that at all.

So let me see if I’ve got this right....when black 2A proponents announce an armed march, it’s because they want to be a magnet for white racists to engage in armed conflict with them?

Is that what you are saying?

If so, follow up question.

When OK2A. made up primarily of white 2A proponents announce a similar march is it for the same reason (to be a magnet for armed racial warfare)?
No what I'm saying is when groups make a big to do about the announcement rather than just announcing to the people that they want to come, then it's usually to spark controversy. And that has to do with any group, not just 2A groups white or black.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Seems to be the general consensus on social media.
What, exactly, is the “general consensus on social media”?

There were two propositions in my post.

That the Geronimo Pratt and the National Black Party are announcing the march specifically to be a magnet for armed racial conflict....

And

When OK2A and other predominately white 2A groups announce an armed march, do they have the same intent in announcing (to be a magnet for armed racial conflict).

Is the general consensus yes to both....or yes to one, but not the other?
I will also clarify my position that anytime the black panther party is involved there's always the potential that they are doing it for attention and yes to cause violence to be had from the other side so that they can respond in kind. They are very antagonistic people.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

That the Geronimo Pratt and the National Black Party are announcing the march specifically to be a magnet for armed racial conflict....

And

When OK2A and other predominately white 2A groups announce an armed march, do they have the same intent in announcing (to be a magnet for armed racial conflict).

The question is will the march trigger the new run over the marchers law?
It isn't a run over marcher's law. It is when people are illegally blocking the street no cops cleared for a march etc and they are trying to intimidate drivers and the drivers are trying to get away and they run over somebody they can't be held liable for that.

Sep 22, 2011
I have several people that i talk to who take frequent weekend trips to Tulsa, they are leaving it off that weekend. Also several who live in town that already plan on taking a trip the 29th

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The question is will the march trigger the new run over the marchers law?
No that's not the question.

The questions I have are the ones I asked.

And which still haven't been responded to.
Only because I'm not on very often.

And if you read above you'd note that I did say I wouldn't be surprised with 2A groups that are white wanting to join them in solidarity.

Besides while there are black only second amendment groups most of the second amendment groups I've seen include Hispanics and black people and women.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

And

Just the first part. It is overwhelming the amount of people saying this is a terrorist act and they are nothing but criminals. Meanwhile the armed march at the Oklahoma Capitol was done because of patriotism.
I prefer concealed. I don't want the criminals to know I have a gun on me before I have the opportunity to pull it on them.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Just the first part. It is overwhelming the amount of people saying this is a terrorist act and they are nothing but criminals. Meanwhile the armed march at the Oklahoma Capitol was done because of patriotism.
Does that strike you as at least a wee little bit racist?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Any white nationalist group that shows up will show just how stupid they are. This is a nightmare scenario for the mainstream media and the political left. A black group honoring black history AND guns all at the same time. How do they spin the guns negatively without painting the people in a bad light.

If a white racial group shows up, it let's the media off the hook because they automatically become the story. All you'll hear being reported is how white america only supports the 2nd amendment for white people.
"All you'll hear being reported is how white america only supports the 2nd amendment for white people."

We have at least one person in this very thread suggesting that the black group marching isn't really about honoring black history and guns all at the same time, but rather is about making themselves a magnet for racially motivated armed warfare.

We have at least one other person saying that the prior paragraph seems to him to be the general consensus on social media.

Any thoughts on that?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
There's nothing wrong with a group of people coming together to exercise their 1st and 2nd Amendment rights as long as they stay within the confines of the law. Hopefully that will happen, and hopefully if any other groups do show up, it will be to join them in exercising those rights.

Maybe guns are what we need to bring people together and heal our country. :D
That is my hope and desire as well.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
No what I'm saying is when groups make a big to do about the announcement rather than just announcing to the people that they want to come, then it's usually to spark controversy. And that has to do with any group, not just 2A groups white or black.

This frankly doesn't make any sense.

I will also clarify my position that anytime the black panther party is involved there's always the potential that they are doing it for attention and yes to cause violence to be had from the other side so that they can respond in kind. They are very antagonistic people.

Do you feel similarly about other non-black groups that march after announcing publicly they are going to march/protest....let's say the anti-shut down COVID protests?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Only because I'm not on very often.

And if you read above you'd note that I did say I wouldn't be surprised with 2A groups that are white wanting to join them in solidarity.

Besides while there are black only second amendment groups most of the second amendment groups I've seen include Hispanics and black people and women.

The Black Panther Party and the Geronimo Pratt Club of Austin is open to and has members of all races...Hispanics, White, and women.

In fact, Fred Hampton in formed the Rainbow Coalition in Chicago when he was Leader of that branch of the Black Panther Party.

In fact, the Geronimo Pratt Gun and Pistol Club has had a number of these marches in Texas with no shooting and no issues of armed racial combat.

So I don't know what your point here is.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Yep, I wasn't disagreeing with you, just fleshing it out a bit. I don't like laws that remove the right of local authority to make their own laws...typically this works in the direction of Federal law overriding State laws but I also think it's a bad idea for States to remove authority from Municipalities and Counties. Top down governance, while sometimes good intentioned, isn't the best idea in most instances.
You think local governments should be able to legalize slavery?