‘Not a healthy environment’: Kamala Harris’ office rife with dissent

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
You'd think with all that random, unexplained, laughing it would be a fun place to work.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Let's be honest here. Whilst the vice president gig gas gained "power," when compared to just 4 decades ago, and despite when Cheney's vice president, Bush Jr., became the face of Cheney's presidency, a vice president really is just there for the speeches - or face showing gig - a president passes off as not important enough to waste time with, or simply a schedule conflict prevents a president from doing so. Mainly the former. Focusing on the vice president is kinda silly, IMO.

But, since the topic is about vice president, the only reason Pence even got any attention, is because he was the only resemblance of sanity within the clown show that was the "administration" of Trump the Chump.

Bush Sr.
Bush Jr
Trump.

For sanity's sakes, please stop electing travesties, you Republicans. All 3 presidencies were a catastrophe. At least Bush Sr and Trump were only allowed one-term to bestow their complete failures upon the US and world.

And Bush Jr, well, ok, I will admit that Bish Jr did get one thing right. He was right when he said that our intelligence agencies worked against our best interests, ahem CIA, and so he created the Department of Homeland Security to oversee both the FBI, specifically the CIA, so that they don't manufacture evidence that isn't there, leading us into an almost $10 trillion dollar nonstop war anymore.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Everything in this thread is why i did not vote for McCain. I would have prefer d him over Obama but did not want to risk Palin in the White House.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Let's be honest here. Whilst the vice president gig gas gained "power," when compared to just 4 decades ago, and despite when Cheney's vice president, Bush Jr., became the face of Cheney's presidency, a vice president really is just there for the speeches - or face showing gig - a president passes off as not important enough to waste time with, or simply a schedule conflict prevents a president from doing so. Mainly the former. Focusing on the vice president is kinda silly, IMO.

But, since the topic is about vice president, the only reason Pence even got any attention, is because he was the only resemblance of sanity within the clown show that was the "administration" of Trump the Chump.

Bush Sr.
Bush Jr
Trump.

For sanity's sakes, please stop electing travesties, you Republicans. All 3 presidencies were a catastrophe. At least Bush Sr and Trump were only allowed one-term to bestow their complete failures upon the US and world.

And Bush Jr, well, ok, I will admit that Bish Jr did get one thing right. He was right when he said that our intelligence agencies worked against our best interests, ahem CIA, and so he created the Department of Homeland Security to oversee both the FBI, specifically the CIA, so that they don't manufacture evidence that isn't there, leading us into an almost $10 trillion dollar nonstop war anymore.
Lost me at Bush Sr. being a 'travesty' and a catastrophe. I've never heard anyone during or after his term describe him as such - would be curious as to why you think that.

Apr 7, 2006

Bush Sr.
Bush Jr
Trump.

Trump the person is a complete moron (and frankly I'd love to see him never run for any office again because I hate how divided this country is) but his policy decisions weren't bad. It's hard to separate the person from the position (and I'm not sure you should have to) but the decisions he made I didn't have major problems with. His executive branch was a clown show because he tried to be CEO of the white house as if it was his private corporation.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
El Paso...."nowhere near the border"?

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make statements like that?

El Paso is directly on the border. Across the Rio Grande from Juarez. I used to walk across the bridge from El Paso to Juarez to party and watch boxing matches and bull fights.

El Paso is of CPD's four border enrollment centers in Texas.

"Nowhere near the border"

WTH are you talking about..."nowhere near the border? :facepalm:
Is that code for something????

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Trump the person is a complete moron (and frankly I'd love to see him never run for any office again because I hate how divided this country is) but his policy decisions weren't bad. It's hard to separate the person from the position (and I'm not sure you should have to) but the decisions he made I didn't have major problems with. His executive branch was a clown show because he tried to be CEO of the white house as if it was his private corporation.
I don’t completely disagree with you. I just don’t think the ends justify the means. He is a complete narcissist with no respect for the democratic processes or checks and balances. I think he’s actually more dangerous than Kamala Harris. Her policies are more extreme (I agree with way more of Trump’s policies than hers), but she hasn’t done anything to indicate she would try to operate outside the boundaries of our democracy.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Don't forget the stupid "we've been to the border" comment followed by her cackle when the interviewer called her out. Then to go to El Paso (nowhere near the border), and spend 90 minutes there and then leave. She has no concept of how to not lie.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
It may be the sensationalism from the last administration by the media about the border border border but the topic just doesn’t push my buttons. Didn’t during the Trump era and still doesn’t. I think Texas and other border states have their rights to do whatever is necessary for their citizens and the feds should be secondary, at least right after the borderline which is federal jurisdiction.

As much as I wasn’t laughing with her when she commented on locking up more stoners than anyone else, I really don’t dislike or like her. She’s doing a very good job at keeping her profile low despite foxnews attempts to track how many days it’s been.

Just hope she keeps it that way.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
I don’t completely disagree with you. I just don’t think the ends justify the means. He is a complete narcissist with no respect for the democratic processes or checks and balances. I think he’s actually more dangerous than Kamala Harris. Her policies are more extreme (I agree with way more of Trump’s policies than hers), but she hasn’t done anything to indicate she would try to operate outside the boundaries of our democracy.
I can see that. Honestly the way the last 6 months went left a very sour taste in my mouth. I think he had the potential to be a good leader but his ego and lack of awareness for when to speak vs shut up were his demise.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Don't forget the stupid "we've been to the border" comment followed by her cackle when the interviewer called her out. Then to go to El Paso (nowhere near the border), and spend 90 minutes there and then leave. She has no concept of how to not lie.

El Paso...."nowhere near the border"?

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make statements like that?

El Paso is directly on the border. Across the Rio Grande from Juarez. I used to walk across the bridge from El Paso to Juarez to party and watch boxing matches and bull fights.

El Paso is of CPD's four border enrollment centers in Texas.

"Nowhere near the border"

WTH are you talking about..."nowhere near the border? :facepalm:
She went nowhere near the border itself. Just to some little photo op for 90 minutes.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
She went nowhere near the border itself. Just to some little photo op for 90 minutes.

Seriously, I hate talk to text. Gets me every time.

She went to El Paso, BUT nowhere near the border. And definitely didn't do or see anything important.

She went to a US Customs and Border Patrol processing facility.

She also LITERALLY went TO the literal border at the El Paso del Norte Port of Entry, one of the United States' busiest pedestrian border crossings.

Where in the hell is closer to the border that you think she should have gone?

I guess you wanted her swimming in the Rio Grande or something.

Nov 23, 2010
The complaint I've seen is she should have gone to the Rio Grande Valley which is where most of the ICE encounters are happening. I'm not sure she would have learned anything different. Just a better chance for bad optics for the administration, which is why they didn't want her to go there and Republicans wanted her to go there.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Seriously, I hate talk to text. Gets me every time.

She went to El Paso, BUT nowhere near the border. And definitely didn't do or see anything important.

Let me help you……

Harris has spent no meaningful time at the border other than the glorified photo op at the customs facility on the border in El Paso……….

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
The complaint I've seen is she should have gone to the Rio Grande Valley which is where most of the ICE encounters are happening. I'm not sure she would have learned anything different. Just a better chance for bad optics for the administration, which is why they didn't want her to go there and Republicans wanted her to go there.
I think we all recognize that this was nothing but a political photo op and a response to Republicans calling her out for not having gone to the border. I hope we also all recognize that wherever she went to the border and whatever she did there when she went, the Republicans weren't going to be satisfied that she met their call.

The whole thing, Republicans calling her out for not "going to the border" and what she did when she actually when is political theater. The top of the leader chain doesn't have any substantive need to go to the border to understand the gravity of the problem or to communicate directly with personnel on the front lines and to make whatever decisions are being made and communicate those back to the front lines.