ZR is not a real good QB, BW is a better one.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 28, 2009
Some new guy's thought:

I'm sure ZR's QB technique is good, but his mentally power is weak. For a QB mentally power is even more important than his technique. In ZR's eyes there are only one or two WRs rather than the squat. When Bowman was around he saw only Bowman, maybe sometimes DB. When Bowman left, he saw only DB. When DB was suspended, he tried to see Anyiam. If Anyiam is as good as DB, ZR is as good as the ZR of last year. Unfortunately that's not true. QB and WR collaborate. But ZR depend on WR too much. WRs make him good, not inverse. I don't know if Weeden has better techniques. He definitely has better mental power. He sees people in open field, rather than particular individuals. He is able to make WRs better. MG likes ZR more because, I think, they are more similar, and MG thinks himself was an ideal QB.

Sep 17, 2007
Stillwater
Some new guy's thought:
\ I don't know if Weeden has better techniques. He definitely has better mental power. He sees people in open field, rather than particular individuals. He is able to make WRs better.
How the hell do you know that? He's played less than a full game against two REALLLLLY bad teams.

Nov 26, 2008
This is what I was saying earlier. When things don't go well the backup QB is the best thing since sliced bread.

You're really declaring Weeden better than Zac because of a half against Colorado????

Its funny how most of the people calling for Weeden also were blaming the play calling. So how would Weeden have done any better if it were the play calling?

Jun 20, 2006
One demetional teams are usually easy to defend. A, not 100% ZR, causes more conservative ground game. By the 2nd qtr, they were stacking the box and owned the line of scrimage. Did we convert a 3rd down? One? for the entire game? Weeden may not be as good as Zac, but possibly could have opened it up more. We will never know, because when Gundy has a game plan, he sticks to it.

blake711

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Nov 11, 2007
but his mentally power is weak.
Is that a qoute from Yoda? Do you know what his midichlorian count is?

I like Weeden and think he is next years starter. But he hasn't even played a full game. While zac was unimpressive this year and does appear he has a bad case of tunnle vision on one WR. The kid lit it up last year and the year before. To say Weeden is better from seeing him play a couple half games against scrub teams is big leap. I am not saying he isn't better but we need to see more than a couple second halfs from the guy before you dog out the guy with all the records at qb.

Feb 8, 2007
OKC
Amazing that people think an unproven quarterback who doesn't practice well and has only played 1 meaningful half of football in his life is going to come in and win in one of the toughest places to play in college football

okstate987

Special Teams Coach
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Denver, CO
Amazing that people think an unproven quarterback who doesn't practice well and has only played 1 meaningful half of football in his life is going to come in and win in one of the toughest places to play in college football
He would have done better than an injured Zac, duh.

Nov 2, 2007
Why don't we just throw the winningest QB in school history under the buss, I mean we just had our second 9 win season. Surely the third string guy is better!:x

Some of you new fans really need shut up! We are in the golden years of Cowboy football and most of you don't even realize it.

okstate987

Special Teams Coach
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Denver, CO
Why don't we just throw the winningest QB in school history under the buss, I mean we just had our second 9 win season. Surely the third string guy is better!:x

Some of you new fans really need shut up! We are in the golden years of Cowboy football and most of you don't even realize it.
Wow, nice straw man. No one is throwing him under the bus. Gundy threw him under the bus when he stated "Preparation was perfect, excecution was off" Zac is a good QB when HEALTHY. Keeping him in the game in that condition was atrocious. HE HAD TO HAVE 4 CORTIZONE SHOTS in his arm prior to the start. Use your head.

Jan 17, 2006
Tulsa
If Gundy replaces Weeden and he sucks, then these same people will be complaining that Gundy is such an idiot for playing an inexperienced QB's in a hostile environment.

Criticising the coach based on the backup QB is a no lose situation for the whiners. They say they "know" that Weeden would have been better and they can't be disproved because it didn't happen. There is a reason the coaches make six figures and most of you don't.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
If Gundy replaces Weeden and he sucks, then these same people will be complaining that Gundy is such an idiot for playing an inexperienced QB's in a hostile environment.

Criticising the coach based on the backup QB is a no lose situation for the whiners. They say they "know" that Weeden would have been better and they can't be disproved because it didn't happen. There is a reason the coaches make six figures and most of you don't.
HCMG doesn't make six figures. He makes seven. Regardless of the Qb situation, he made some errors yesterday that you should not make at a 7 figure salary. I'm no hater, I don' want him fired, but he made some pretty big and costly mistakes in this particular game. For one, he should learn what a challenge flag is, to my knowledge he has never used it. It might have avoided the 4th and one decision if he would have challenged that bad spot.

Nov 18, 2007
Durant, OK
HCMG doesn't make six figures. He makes seven. Regardless of the Qb situation, he made some errors yesterday that you should not make at a 7 figure salary. I'm no hater, I don' want him fired, but he made some pretty big and costly mistakes in this particular game. For one, he should learn what a challenge flag is, to my knowledge he has never used it. It might have avoided the 4th and one decision if he would have challenged that bad spot.
the guy that's head coach of the cowboys(TGTHCOC) has stated in the past that he will never use the challenge flag, according to TGTHCOC the refs job is difficult enough so he refuses to question them.

Another in the long laundry list of THTHCOC questionable decisions.

May 15, 2007
Some new guy's thought:

I'm sure ZR's QB technique is good, but his mentally power is weak. For a QB mentally power is even more important than his technique. In ZR's eyes there are only one or two WRs rather than the squat. When Bowman was around he saw only Bowman, maybe sometimes DB. When Bowman left, he saw only DB. When DB was suspended, he tried to see Anyiam. If Anyiam is as good as DB, ZR is as good as the ZR of last year. Unfortunately that's not true. QB and WR collaborate. But ZR depend on WR too much. WRs make him good, not inverse. I don't know if Weeden has better techniques. He definitely has better mental power. He sees people in open field, rather than particular individuals. He is able to make WRs better. MG likes ZR more because, I think, they are more similar, and MG thinks himself was an ideal QB.
Zac Robinson will go down in the record books as one of the best quarterbacks in OSU history. Why is he struggling now? Because he has given his all to OSU and gotten injured in the process. He aches at night because he has given his body and soul to OSU. And what does he get in return from the OSU "fans"? :(

panhandler62

Territorial Marshal
Mar 26, 2008
Martinsburg, WV
Zack has one more game as a Cowboy (unless he gets picked up by Dallas... lol) .. it's hardly the time to have a controversey. I've enjoyed watching him play and though I wish he hadn't run out of gas one game early, I apreciate what he has contributed.

Weeden will get his shot next year. Much as it sucks getting hammered by the same two teams year in and year out; it's not as if the last two years have exactly been failed seasons.

Dang.. and I thought we Redskins fans were whiney (and we have an excuse, cause the Redskins really *do* suck!)

Let's enjoy the Cotton Bowl and send Zack off with our support. Sure; he's not perfect, but when have we actually had anyone better?

May 16, 2006

Zac has had Dez, Bowman, and D'juan as his wide receivers. As well as Savage, Toston and Hunter. Has been very blessed as the QB.