Yurcich just took 2 steps up

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 17, 2007
I was ready to give up on him but if he can replicate his play calling after this game, I'm willing to cut the dude some slack. He coached a beautiful game today. This game showed me that all he may have needed was just a capable QB. I keep it real. I'll tear you apart when you are looking bad but I will also be a man and acknowledge someone for doing well. Good job Yurcich.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Wow, I thought the same thing. Pretty happy tonight and maybe next week I will ponder the season that could have been. Who would have ever thought pulling a redshirt could make this big a difference.

Jul 9, 2011
Near Bryan/College Station in Iola, TX
Basically same plays. Better QB, o-line fought harder today, especially running in the 4th quarter. Desmond was carrying OU defensive players 5 yards. About 10% of the difference is Yurcich.

I don't mean this as a negative on Yurchich - I have been saying it was less about him and more about the players when people were calling for his head.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Never would've thought I'd say this, but now I'm on the fence with Yurcich. Since he has Rudolph now, things could be different going forward.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I was ready to give up on him but if he can replicate his play calling after this game, I'm willing to cut the dude some slack. He coached a beautiful game today. This game showed me that all he may have needed was just a capable QB. I keep it real. I'll tear you apart when you are looking bad but I will also be a man and acknowledge someone for doing well. Good job Yurcich.
Well, there is a difference between play calling and execution. But, potato potahto. It was a nice day.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Holder needs to tell Gundy to do whatever he wants to do with the football program and lay the freak off...Especially after today. Go Pokes!!

Trust me...we aren't' losing our bowl game either after tonight's win.

Aug 19, 2006
Springfield, MO
The team effort was the difference. They finally got the fire in their bellies to overcome the changes of late. I will stand by the words that getting rid of either Gundy or Yurcich at this point would be a mistake. NOT solely because of the Bedlam win, but because the offense found its identity late in the season with Rudolf at the helm.

Agent Orange

Easily forgettable and not very liked.
A/V Subscriber
Jul 2, 2009
Moore
Still too many screens and jet sweeps for my liking. He has a QB now, and things have certainly improved, but he's still too conservative at times.

I'd like to see what he can do with a capable offensive line now that we have Rudolph. I'm indifferent. If he can be more aggressive I don't have a problem giving him an extra year.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It was us against the world and some of our own fans...Mike played it exactly right with the media this week...I think that gave his team FIRE in their Belly!

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Mason Rudolph is the real deal and he's going to take us places...Coaches can coach em up all they want...but PLAYERS almost always are the difference between winning and losing.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Wow, I thought the same thing. Pretty happy tonight and maybe next week I will ponder the season that could have been. Who would have ever thought pulling a redshirt could make this big a difference.
I did...but I digress.:)

Oct 6, 2012
Guys, ou still out-gained us by about 50 yards. Need I remind you that they were playing with a QB that couldn't throw up and they were also without Perine for about half the game. We were very lucky to win that game. We need a new OC!!! Let's just celebrate this win. We can worry about who the new OC will be after the season.