Your Vehicle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I'll definitely have to post a video. The ones on YouTube are kind of hit and miss but a lot of people put their phones/cameras way too close to the car which records like crap... Lol. The official Corsa one sounds really good though.
Curious to how that corsa will sound on a subaru.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Ordered a set of stiffer hanger bushings for the Corsa (heavier than the stock exhaust bc it's 3" from the catback flange all the way to the mufflers, including the Y pipe... The stock Y is most definitely NOT 3"... lol. Also ordered a flange adapter and a donut (just in case). Really hoping to get this installed before Christmas.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Kaboy42, where was that speed shop? Headed there to see family in a week or so for the holidays.

Started tuning my 97 z28 tonight (sig pic). Kills me how unsupported the lt1 platform is.
Corner of Madison Ave and Archer street. Just NE of downtown Greenwood District.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
One step closer, all polished up... Got all the parts I need, just trying to find that pesky "time" thing... That things as hard for me to find as a 10mm socket...

Oct 30, 2007
I ran a Corsa cat-back exhaust for awhile. On a muscle car it has a deep & smooth tone during normal driving, but it really wakes up at upper RPM's. I bet it will sound good on your car.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Fitment is dead on. Really glad I went ahead and replaced the hanger bushings while I was at it. Love the sound. Definitely more noticeable anytime I'm on the throttle but if I'm just cruising it's really quiet with no drone. Oh, down shifting (blip shifting) is WAY more enjoyable now. I'll have to figure out a) a better way than my cell phone to record and b) where to host it so I can share with you guys.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
The other pads weren't THIS bad but I think this pad wasn't sliding back which made it wear faster than the others.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
The other pads weren't THIS bad but I think this pad wasn't sliding back which made it wear faster than the others.

"If the brakes don't stop you, something will."

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX

Do you have Brembos front and rear? My rears shreak like a banshee and it drives me insane. All kinds of TSB's out there to try and fix it, but the jury is still out on whether or not anything is a long-term solution. I do need to get the redesigned shim because some people say it does work.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK

Do you have Brembos front and rear? My rears shreak like a banshee and it drives me insane. All kinds of TSB's out there to try and fix it, but the jury is still out on whether or not anything is a long-term solution. I do need to get the redesigned shim because some people say it does work.
Yeah, these come from factory with Brembos. They weren't really making much noise other than an obvious dragging sound that I apparently had been ignoring... Lol. When I took my pins out they had brake dust caked all over them so I'm pretty confident my pads weren't sliding freely which is why that one pad was so worn. (I always set my parking brake and leave the car in neutral.) Shims were pretty nasty too so I cleaned them with brake cleaner then greased where the piston contacts them. We'll see how that goes. The guy at Oreillys recommended a high temp grease. Can't find the damn tube though so my luck I threw it away with plenty left in it...

Sep 9, 2012
I installed a newer pioneer 8400 nex in my beater and am liking it. The wireless android auto and screen mirroring are pretty cool. Got the drag bar and newer lower control arms on the supercharged car. The alky control kit is installed as well. Had champion wheels install beadlocks on my weld rts wheels for it. Figure if it doesn't go fast enough for them now I will use them for motivation to go turbo sooner. Going to try and get the thing on the dyno soon.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
One of my first jobs was a lot porter at a Chevy dealer back in 1990 and I would go jump in a 454ss every.single.time when one of the sales managers asked me to run an errand. Fell in love with them from the first time I set foot in one. Sooooo I've always said I would own one some day.

I've always kept my eyes open locally for ones that show up on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace, but they are almost always 90's and they are almost always pretty beat up with 100k on the odometer. I had recently priced and driven a few local and the guys were just wanting too much $$$ for the trucks for the condition they were in. BUT, at the same time, neither guy budged on price and they both sold their trucks the day they listed them. Soooooo I started looking outside of Oklahoma and this one popped up in Florida.

1993 with the grey interior (never really liked the burgundy interior, so HUGE selling point to me). If my research is right, it's only 1 of about 420ish ever built in this combo. Chevy at the time didn't keep exact build numbers. Just that like 850ish were built in 1993 and about half were the onyx black (some with burgundy interior and some with the grey).
Only 52k miles on the odometer.
Original owner that bought the truck in 1993 in Florida and the truck has never left the state. Ever. He daily drove it for the first few years and now the truck sees VERY limited use. He just has too many toys. The bed has had a full bedliner and a full ARE bedcover on it since new. The paint is rated at a 9.5 and the interior the same. Unmolested drivetrain, still fully stock, SMOG crap is still on even. The only thing wrong with the truck is the AC is still on the old r12 Freon and has not been converted to 134a yet... and needs a recharge.

Last edited: