Your Vehicle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
DUDE!!!! So freaking jealous!!! :love::love::love: Love stories like this and I'd give anything to have my dad's favorite old truck (that was stolen from him) back and in my garage for the rest of my life. I say keep it original... at least for awhile. Honestly, if it were me in your shoes... (and it wasn't completely rusted through in critical places) I'd have it wet sanded, leave the patina/age/character, and get it re-clear coated!

BUT if it's rusted to the point that fairly major body work needs to be done, then I'd consider an orange theme. Especially if dad was a oSu fan. :thumbup::pistols:
Hardly any rust on it. The guy lived in Vail where there is virtually no humidity.
If you know of a place I can take it to in OKC area to do what your saying, let me know.

Unfortunately Dad was a Goon fan. Smh!

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Hardly any rust on it. The guy lived in Vail where there is virtually no humidity.
If you know of a place I can take it to in OKC area to do what your saying, let me know.

Lmao! Then I changed my mind... paint that damn thing THE Brightest Orange!

Just kidding... but seriously, I have a large number of connected automotive friends in OKC. If you want me to, I'll certainly ask for the best place to just have it wet sanded and kept all original.

Sep 9, 2012
Picked up a 99 sierra ecsb for $750. It has 391,000 miles on the original motor and trans. Think I am going to rebuild the suspension, trans, lower it, front brakes off a gmt900 truck, bolt on's, gmt900 electric fans, strip the inside and clean/power spray all interior parts, small stereo and see if it will go 500,000 miles.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
opinion on next vehicle need. I currently have my 15 king ranch with upgraded turbos and ect. (dyno'd 384 to the wheels). I just sold my play toy mustang. I have been wanting a Jeep SRT8. The newer Jeeps have a tow rating of 7250 lbs, so no problem pulling my 21 foot Yamaha. The trackhawk comes out soon. Do I wait for the trackhawk. Will it have the tow capacity (springs) to pull the boat, or do I just buy a 17 srt8?

I have a trailer to haul stuff so the bed on the truck is not needed that bad. Plus , I wanna go Fast!

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
opinion on next vehicle need. I currently have my 15 king ranch with upgraded turbos and ect. (dyno'd 384 to the wheels). I just sold my play toy mustang. I have been wanting a Jeep SRT8. The newer Jeeps have a tow rating of 7250 lbs, so no problem pulling my 21 foot Yamaha. The trackhawk comes out soon. Do I wait for the trackhawk. Will it have the tow capacity (springs) to pull the boat, or do I just buy a 17 srt8?

I have a trailer to haul stuff so the bed on the truck is not needed that bad. Plus , I wanna go Fast!
I wish I had your problems...

AT Dad

Wrangler
Sep 22, 2013
2005 GMC Sierra. 89,500 miles. I ok off the emblem and painted the ugly red to a lovely orange (see my avatar).

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
First expedition in the new trail rig! Took the kiddos and made a run to the Badlands and the Black Hills of South Dakota. Was a freaking blast! Now I DEFINITELY need a lift, 33" tires and a winch so I can get in to some more serious "stuff".

I would have gone deeper, tried the more aggressive trails, but without a spotter or backup or a lift or winch... I was hesitant to really push my luck in unknown territory.

Found a kickass trail to the top of a peak though and got some stupendous views! Then the way down was a fairly narrow and loose gravel switchback that was just awesome! I would have LOVED to be in a group outing up here. Think with even a spotter, I could have done so much more with even a stock truck.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Cool! What are the future plans/mods for this little rig?
I have no idea. I've had it several years and it hasn't moved from the barn at the farm in almost a year until this weekend. Would at least do a spring over lift and Weber carb. Other than that, just a river toy and farm truck that is fun to putt around town it. Thought I'd try to take it to a game this fall but I'd have to leave about 6 hours early to make the 100 mile trip. Wouldn't do 60 mph if you drove it off a cliff but I really like it. lol

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I have no idea. I've had it several years and it hasn't moved from the barn at the farm in almost a year until this weekend. Would at least do a spring over lift and Weber carb. Other than that, just a river toy and farm truck that is fun to putt around town it. Thought I'd try to take it to a game this fall but I'd have to leave about 6 hours early to make the 100 mile trip. Wouldn't do 60 mph if you drove it off a cliff but I really like it. lol
Needs lifted with 33's at the very least! :thumbup:

Buuuuuuut you could go this route as well:

Mar 27, 2012
Needs lifted with 33's at the very least! :thumbup:

Buuuuuuut you could go this route as well:

My dad has one that has 33X10.50 on it. That is as big as you can run with a spring over lift without getting into the body lift kits. It does pretty good in the mud and sand. They are so much fun to drive but definitely are not made to run stock on the major highways. If you can draft with traffic you can run 70 mph but about 50 mph all by yourself and forget about passing someone.

Seth25809er

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Jan 8, 2012
Yes. Right where it is sitting. It looks good from 20 yards. Just a beat around the farm and river toy.
I'm considering a somewhat similar project, vehicle is very different, but the painting it orange part is the same, and I would probably pull the trigger if I had any confidence that I could get it to turn out that well.

I'm pretty sure it would end up looking l painted it with a brush though.

Mar 27, 2012
I'm considering a somewhat similar project, vehicle is very different, but the painting it orange part is the same, and I would probably pull the trigger if I had any confidence that I could get it to turn out that well.

I'm pretty sure it would end up looking l painted it with a brush though.
Just tape everything off good (I missed some. Lol) and let it fly, especially if you are not going to worry about any imperfections or drips. I didn't pull any dents or anything. I just rolled down the windows so I didn't get paint on them. I didn't even pull off the old pin stripes. Just changed the color. Like I said, it looks good from far away but is still just a beater to putt around in. I need to find a Pistol Pete decal for the hood still. Fat Heads are too big. I'll probably have to find someone to do a custom size for me.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

Lmao! Then I changed my mind... paint that damn thing THE Brightest Orange!

Just kidding... but seriously, I have a large number of connected automotive friends in OKC. If you want me to, I'll certainly ask for the best place to just have it wet sanded and kept all original.
I'm thinking a paint job like the one in my avatar.:thumbup: