You Tube TV

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
Anybody tried You Tube TV? Seems to be the best option for live sports since that's really all cable is needed for anymore anyway. My Cox bill has increased to the point that I going try cutting the cord.

State

Russian Bot
A/V Subscriber
Mar 15, 2007
TX
I've had it since launch and it has the best user experience compared to SlingTV and DirecTV NOW. It's also the only one currently that has DVR. I think it's stream quality is the best of the bunch as well, but it has fewer channels than DirecTV NOW. I'll be cancelling soon and just sticking with DirecTV NOW.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2006
I've had it since launch and it has the best user experience compared to SlingTV and DirecTV NOW. It's also the only one currently that has DVR. I think it's steam quality is the best of the bunch as well, but it has fewer channels than DirecTV NOW. I'll be cancelling soon and just sticking with DirecTV NOW.
Thanks! I'm gonna give it the free trial.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I'm using the dtvn beta right now and it seems to run more smoothly than the standard app. It definitely has it's bugs (again, it's a beta) but it definitely looks promising. I'm just hoping that when they roll it out I don't have to lose my 35/mo launch price to get the features...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nov 23, 2010
I've stuck with Hulu Live TV since it came to the Roku. They don't have ABC live yet, but I'm hopeful before next season rolls around, they've added Fox and NBC recently in Tulsa.

If you are just interested in sports, I think Youtube TV is probably the best option since its streaming of live events is better, although Hulu has improved. PS Vue was always really good with that too.

Jan 14, 2006
I've stuck with Hulu Live TV since it came to the Roku. They don't have ABC live yet, but I'm hopeful before next season rolls around, they've added Fox and NBC recently in Tulsa.

If you are just interested in sports, I think Youtube TV is probably the best option since its streaming of live events is better, although Hulu has improved. PS Vue was always really good with that too.
Thanks. I'm going to try to watch NFL Sunday and the title game on it Monday. I'll update how it performs.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
BTW, PS Vue has had DVR ever since I began using it almost a year ago.
That's actually the service that we were going to use, then right as I was about to switch us over they dropped all the Viacom channels which is a definite deal breaker for my family. Shortly after that DTVN was announced and we got in on the launch promo price. Sure it's got it's issues but there's really no better offering that meets our needs/wants and beats the $35/mo we're getting now.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I've had YouTube TV since launch and I love it. Kind of wish that there was a remote or that I could get it on the Firestick... but we'll take what we get.

Jan 14, 2006
Update: Dropped Cox for TV. Kept them for internet. Youtube TV has worked well. The only issue is that if you get started late on a live game or show there isn't a play from beginning option that I've found so you have to just rewind and keep your eyes closed or something. I'm sure that they will update that at some point.

Either way I'm happy about saving $80 a month.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Either way I'm happy about saving $80 a month.
I mean, that's really the important part. Switching from DirecTV Satellite with ATT internet to Cox internet and DTVN saved me $100+ bucks a month. (At least until my Cox discounts all ran out, now I'm saving about $70-80 from before. Need to take care of that.)

Agent Orange

I like sport
A/V Subscriber
Jul 2, 2009
Moore
Just signed up for YouTube TV and am dropping DirecTv (YAY!!!).

If you're interested in signing up for YouTube TV, you should consider doing so before March 13th because it will be going up to $40.00 a month after that. It's currently $35.00 a month and users will be grandfathered into that price after the $5.00 price jump